July/Aug 2022 babies ❤️

So a little irritated after today's appointment which was an absolute shot show . The nurse collapsed my vein doing my anemia blood draw , they didn't have my results , made me stay and be monitored because baby's heart beat was elevated but he was just hyper like I told them because I had fruit.

They are making me wait another 4 weeks for a growth scan and then said if he's big I can have a c section. First off I do not want a c section and have made that very clear , secondly there is a note in my chart for a specific nurse to do my blood draws because I have terrible veins , third the midwife was pushing a c section on me it was like nobody had ever looked at my chart. Luckily I have another appt in two weeks with my actual doctor and hoping to get on the same page. It makes no sense to me to wait that long to the point that they are gonna say he's too big to push and force me into a c section that I don't want. I could see have me scanned again in two weeks and then setting an induction date around 37 weeks.

Yes I agree makes no sense. Glad you get to speak to your doc next appointment to clarify the plan.

Thank you MrsT, that makes sense! Xx
36 weeks lands right on Dh busiest weekend for work too as there's a big festival here and he's got a taxi company so it's non stop Thurs-Mon, its just typical!
Hope we get to 37 weeks at least lol then that busy weekend is out the way

Yau for being your month! So so close and exciting

Can I please have opinions ladies? We are still struggling for names. My hubby is Irish, and I think we are leaning towards an Irish name.
I love Cliodhna (pronounced cleo-na) but spelled Cliona. She'll likely be shortened to Cleo.
What do you think to these middle name options?
Cliona Belle
Cliona Beth
Cliona Maeve
Cliona Aurora
Cliona Eve
Cliona Rose

Our surname has 2 syllables

For a boy I love Cian (kee-an) but I have no idea about middle name!
Could maybe go with Cian Michael (after dh) but not sure I love that. Or Cian Oliver was another one. Just don't know :wacko:

Can I please have opinions ladies? We are still struggling for names. My hubby is Irish, and I think we are leaning towards an Irish name.
I love Cliodhna (pronounced cleo-na) but spelled Cliona. She'll likely be shortened to Cleo.
What do you think to these middle name options?
Cliona Belle
Cliona Beth
Cliona Maeve
Cliona Aurora
Cliona Eve
Cliona Rose

Our surname has 2 syllables
if you wanted it very Irish Cliona Maeve would be on the dot. lot of irish women called Maeve here. klee a na (clea ner is how my friend gets pronounced by others) but she spells its Cliodhna , not sure if other spellings change the way its pronounced

For a boy I love Cian (kee-an) but I have no idea about middle name!
Could maybe go with Cian Michael (after dh) but not sure I love that. Or Cian Oliver was another one. Just don't know :wacko:
Cian is a lovely name , i suggested it this time but dh said no. Michael is very popular here in ireland too so it will seem very Irish.

So a little irritated after today's appointment which was an absolute shot show . The nurse collapsed my vein doing my anemia blood draw , they didn't have my results , made me stay and be monitored because baby's heart beat was elevated but he was just hyper like I told them because I had fruit.

They are making me wait another 4 weeks for a growth scan and then said if he's big I can have a c section. First off I do not want a c section and have made that very clear , secondly there is a note in my chart for a specific nurse to do my blood draws because I have terrible veins , third the midwife was pushing a c section on me it was like nobody had ever looked at my chart. Luckily I have another appt in two weeks with my actual doctor and hoping to get on the same page. It makes no sense to me to wait that long to the point that they are gonna say he's too big to push and force me into a c section that I don't want. I could see have me scanned again in two weeks and then setting an induction date around 37 weeks.
yes they tend to be very reluctant now a days to induce before 38 weeks unless baby is in danger. i was induced at 37 weeks with my daughter due to high blood pressure and small size but they originally wanted me to try get to 38 weeks but just didnt happen, plus she came herself anyway in the end at the same time i was being induced, i hate though when you dont feel listened to. i hope they see sense

Oh no babymoma, definitely doesn't make sense to wait 4 weeks!
I feel your pain with the veins, with Dd2 my midwife said only. Midwives to take my bloods it's so difficult, I didn't mention it this pregnancy though and have been ok apart from my gtt that had to be from my hand in the end
It's good you've got an appointment with your Dr sooner, will he do a growth scan thst day do you think or will it be a separate appointment?

It's usually a separate appt at the hospital. I cried my eyes out to hubby last night about it because I was so frustrated with the whole day. Hopefully my doctor will send me for the scan and then we can make a decision based on that. Trying to remain positive until then.

:evil:
yes they tend to be very reluctant now a days to induce before 38 weeks unless baby is in danger. i was induced at 37 weeks with my daughter due to high blood pressure and small size but they originally wanted me to try get to 38 weeks but just didnt happen, plus she came herself anyway in the end at the same time i was being induced, i hate though when you dont feel listened to. i hope they see sense

Well I'm hoping he decides to come early on his own . I just felt like everyone I saw yesterday didn't even bother to look at my chart and this was the first time I was absolutely outraged at an appt. I even yelled at the midwife and nurse but then again she collapsed my vein and was using me as a pin cushion at the time and then told me I would end up with a c section :x my arm is black and blue

MrsT I love belle the most but they're all lovely as are your boys names, I keep thinking Evelyn for this one sounds too much like my first Madeleine, but it's only the end part of the name and its the only name I like at the moment lol

Been out all day with the kids on the train to the seafront, rides and crazy golf, woke up with a migraine but luckily turned into a normal Headache so we got through it

Can't wait for bed, shattered, looking forward to tomorrows appointment and finding out if she's any bigger

Let's hope they arrange a scan for you soon babymoma so you have some better answers than what you've been given

MrsT I love belle the most but they're all lovely as are your boys names, I keep thinking Evelyn for this one sounds too much like my first Madeleine, but it's only the end part of the name and its the only name I like at the moment lol

Been out all day with the kids on the train to the seafront, rides and crazy golf, woke up with a migraine but luckily turned into a normal Headache so we got through it

Can't wait for bed, shattered, looking forward to tomorrows appointment and finding out if she's any bigger

Let's hope they arrange a scan for you soon babymoma so you have some better answers than what you've been given
Sending positive vibes to you on your appointment tomorrow. ❤️ Fingers crossed she gained weight and is nice and healthy.

Thank you babymoma, I feel like I'm going to be nervous thinking something is wrong all the time, its been a long 2 weeks since the last scan!

Thank you babymoma, I feel like I'm going to be nervous thinking something is wrong all the time, its been a long 2 weeks since the last scan!
I totally understand :lol: them telling me to wait 4 weeks has got me like wtf !!! I'm worried about having a safe delivery. I'm sure all will be well for you ❤️

Good luck today Star !

Thank you babymoma! Just waiting for my brother to pick me up

I'm not surprised you were like wtf!
I hope your Dr listens in 2 weeks and arranges a scan

Thank you babymoma! Just waiting for my brother to pick me up

I'm not surprised you were like wtf!
I hope your Dr listens in 2 weeks and arranges a scan
Thank you I'm feeling more positive after speaking with the other nurse who called me yesterday . Apparently my latest blood test showed my iron levels dropped even more so the doctor was concerned. I mentioned to her what happened at my appt and my concerns and she was very sympathetic and said she'd speak to the doctor so we can go over everything at my next appointment. Fingers crossed that it goes well. I'm starting a new liquid iron supplement today so hoping that helps.

Ahh that's better news babymoma,hooe the liquid helps too! Glad you're feeling more positive today

Scan went well, estimated weight 4lb4oz on 4th centile
34 weeks tomorrow
2 weeks ago was 3lb8oz on 3rd centile

The centile is going by my own growth chart

Next Thurs is doppler scan again, week after is growth scan on the Friday when I will be 36 weeks.
Consultant on the phone today said she would put my plan of care on my notes this Saturday so any Dr can see it so at least I will have it on the app too to see.

It looks like induction would be 37 weeks of stays under the 5th centile but I think of goes between 5-10th then its 39 weeks
Just going by my own research for this area haha I like to know what could happen either way!

Ahh that's better news babymoma,hooe the liquid helps too! Glad you're feeling more positive today

Scan went well, estimated weight 4lb4oz on 4th centile
34 weeks tomorrow
2 weeks ago was 3lb8oz on 3rd centile

The centile is going by my own growth chart

Next Thurs is doppler scan again, week after is growth scan on the Friday when I will be 36 weeks.
Consultant on the phone today said she would put my plan of care on my notes this Saturday so any Dr can see it so at least I will have it on the app too to see.

It looks like induction would be 37 weeks of stays under the 5th centile but I think of goes between 5-10th then its 39 weeks
Just going by my own research for this area haha I like to know what could happen either way!

Well that's great news that your sweet little bean is putting on the Weight ❤️\\:D/ I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way.

Glad your scan went well Star and your little peanut is growing. Good to hear you’ll get a plan put in place, fingers crossed she gets above the 5th!
Hope the supplements will help your iron levels quickly babymoma, happy to hear you had a nurse you listened! So important!
All fine here, feeling bigger and as I reach 28 weeks I’m getting excited to meet this little baby soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->