July & August 2021 Due Date Babies!

@Trixiebell I am so sorry, thinking of you xx

So the scan last week was inconclusive they are unsure if I have miscarried or my dates are wrong?? I have to go back next Tuesday for another scan. Had some heavier bleeding over the weekend so we shall see.

Hope you are all doing well x
Really hoping that you get good news on Tuesday and it is just your dates being wrong :hugs:

I went for my second prenatal appointment yesterday. She didn't want to bother trying to find the heartbeat with the doppler as she said I'm too early. I asked her to try anyway, but she wasn't able to find it. So now I have to wait until my next appointment, when I'm 16 weeks, to even hear the heartbeat for the first time :( and I won't have a scan until 18 weeks. Just feels like forever to wait to know if everything is okay.

@sportysgirl hope all is well!

I went for my second prenatal appointment yesterday. She didn't want to bother trying to find the heartbeat with the doppler as she said I'm too early. I asked her to try anyway, but she wasn't able to find it. So now I have to wait until my next appointment, when I'm 16 weeks, to even hear the heartbeat for the first time :( and I won't have a scan until 18 weeks. Just feels like forever to wait to know if everything is okay.

@sportysgirl hope all is well!
That does seem a long wait :hugs:. Am sure everything is fine. The heartbeat can be so tricky to find with a Doppler this early as so much depends on uterus position etc

Had a little more brown spotting when I wiped this morning. Rang the EPU and they don’t think it’s anything to worry about and it’s already stopped again. Just feel like I can’t relax this pregnancy cause when I start to something else crops up! 12 week scan is the 15th Feb which feels an age away.

Kittiecat how are things?

I eventually got through to the midwives this am apparently scheduled to be booked in next week. They have managed to give me the same midwife I had for my son so that’s amazing as I know there won’t be any change to any agreement made by consultant when I had my birthing debrief so super pleased there

Kittiecat how are things?

I eventually got through to the midwives this am apparently scheduled to be booked in next week. They have managed to give me the same midwife I had for my son so that’s amazing as I know there won’t be any change to any agreement made by consultant when I had my birthing debrief so super pleased there
They’re ok. I’ve had no more spotting so think it’s prob just irritation from the internal scans and I’m on blood thinners which probably doesn’t help! Just need to quell my anxiety now!

So glad you’re getting the same midwife that’s lovely :)

@Tonka106 I'm so sorry you have to wait so long, that must be so difficult. Why are they making you wait until 18 weeks to get a scan?

@kittiecat I'm glad spotting has stopped. I know it's not much but at least you can take comfort in knowing that it's old blood because it's brown.

@Bittersweet glad you lucked out and got a midwife you're familiar with.

I had my final reassurance scan today! Thumper was measuring one day ahead and I even got to see them wiggling around and they even waved. The sonographer caught it all on video :cloud9:

A470AC68-A569-41FE-B658-CFFD99A30422.jpeg F554D7EE-2649-49E7-A1A6-C79E73937DED.jpeg

Congrats madam rose!!!
Thanks ladies on the booking form you could request but didn’t think it would happen but hey it has so yay

lovely scan!

@Tonka106 - buying your own doppler could help in the meantime. many say that you won’t find the hb until 16 weeks with it, but i found this baby’s at 10w6d. it could stress you out by not finding it at home, but if you do find it, that could be a lot of relief! idk if this is good advice or not, i just know it’s what i would do :haha: i have the wusic brand one, i’ve heard angelsounds is good too. just a thought!

i’m in second tri now! woohoo! have an appt tomorrow and hope to start getting things ready around the house. still dealing with nausea, fatigue and mood swings, hoping things settle soon! still planning to announce on valentine’s but would love to just keep this secret as long as i could. i’m a weirdo. :ninja:

@Kiwiberry that's how it is in Canada, unless there's complications you only get one scan. You can go to a private 3D ultrasound place and pay for one but the nearest one to me is 2 hours away and has a several months long wait list.

@wifeybby I thought about that! I had one that I bought secondhand with my first pregnancy, but haven't been able to find a reasonably priced one online this time around!

@Tonka106 - i got mine on poshmark! random place to look lol but it’s been great and i got it super cheap. not sure where you’re from, but try ebay too ;)

I've had reduced movements for the past few days, I don't even think I've felt this one move around hardly at all, before that they would move quite a lot. Should I be concerned?

@Kiwiberry this happened to me constantly until about 22 weeks. Like, I’d feel baby TONS for a week or 2 or several days, then barely at all for a few days or a week. Feeling movement early (I always have) is a blessing and a curse because any shift in baby’s position means you suddenly can’t feel anything because they’re so little. I have felt movement since 10ish weeks but it didn’t get consistent until about 21-22 weeks.

@Kiwiberry Same here! I felt quite a bit of movement during week 14, nothing much during 15, and yesterday it started picking up again, in a different spot (I'm 16+4 now). I think it's just how the early movements are, which stinks.

That's the reason I got a home doppler as well. It was concerning at first because we didn't find it for so long, but now I've been doing it more since I wasn't feeling much movement. It's not super reliable---I'll catch the HB for 5 seconds, then baby will move and I won't be able to find it again---but those 5 seconds are worth it!! Also for my hubby. Since he can't feel movement, and hasn't been allowed at appointments, it's nice for him to hear the HB and know that baby really is in there!

Don’t panic about movements at this stage - although you can feel baby they’re still very very small and get in all sorts of positions and hiding spots. Advice in the UK is they don’t get into a regular pattern until 26 weeks, but at 16 weeks it is normal not to feel movement on a regular basis :)

Last edited:
Is anyone else having really restless nights despite being really tired? I’m waking around 10 times a night and it’s driving me insane sometimes it’s as short at 30 mins between wakes and just means I feel even more tired the next day.

I don’t think the crazy vivid dreams are helping either - I don’t normally dream at all but I’m dreaming so much I hate it.

I hit 10 weeks yesterday and now I’m just so desperate to get to 12 weeks or even better my 12 week scan (which is annoyingly a day off 13 weeks) despite the scans I’ve had I still can’t relax until I’ve had that 12 week scan.

I wake up about 4am every morning and eventually go back off about 6:30... just in time to be woken by the toddler at about 7! Not much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->