July/August IUIs

Happy Friday everyone! I am super jealous of all this fur baby talk. I want a dog so bad but dh says no. Maybe in a few years.

Had 1st u/s this morning and nothing to report. 3 nights of stims and nada brewing. My next appt is Tues. That will be 7 nights of stims. Last time I did 9. I wonder why I'm not responding like I did last time. It's the same dose. We'll see what happens Tues. If it doesn't look good I am going back for acupuncture.

Babywhisperer - Sorry you didn't have any progress on your first ultrasound. Having a baby can change your body though so that could be why you are reacting differently this round. I know my body is behaving a lot differently than last time. Last time I didn't ovulate until around day 22 or something and this time it was around day 13 (probably why we missed it). Hopefully things start working for you soon!

Love all this talk about fur-babies! I have 2 dogs (cockapoo, mini schnauzer) and 1 cat. Our pediatrician said babies born into houses with animals are less likely to have allergies too. My daughter loves them all but the cat is pretty wary of her grabby hands :)

babywhisperer I am sorry you aren't responding right. I bet raelynn is right, your body is a little different and may be "confused" as to the meds. Hopefully the next check will show great progression. :hugs:

raelynn cockapoo are stinkin cute. I basically love all dog breeds. I want a beagle and a saint bernard after our choc lab. Then, we shall see. lol. DH HATES cats. He says they have attitude problems. :rofl: But I will get one one day, and he will like it. :winkwink:

Had my ultrasound and the doc saw many follies growing on the right ovary, looks like it's the only one doing anything. He said last month was the right too. He had a hard time finding my left ovary which was concerning, now I am worried. lol. But he said to come back next Tuesday so that we can check again.

Miki - I had the exact same issue. On my last ultrasound they couldn't find my left ovary either. They eventually gave up since they saw I already ovulated on the right one so it didn't matter. I wonder what makes them so hard to find.

Raelynn, Miki, my left ovary hides too! They find it but always apologize for "digging" around (which never is uncomfortable to me anyways). Hmm.. I wonder what's the deal with lefties! I ovulated out of both last cycle though, and will go in Monday for my u/s to see if I am ready to trigger.

Babywhisperer I hope your body gets on track soon, it's amazing to me how different your body can respond at various times to stuff. The body really is an amazing thing.

Oh, and I got my suppositories in the mail today :dohh: they are so dreadful looking. I just laughed when I saw them! Any suppository advice? bleh.

Oh, and I got my suppositories in the mail today :dohh: they are so dreadful looking. I just laughed when I saw them! Any suppository advice? bleh.

My advice -

It's best if you plan to lay down for a few minutes.

I'm not a huge fan of panty liners so I went to Target and bought a package of cheap, 100% cotton panties so that I could just change them frequently.

Make sure DH knows that the best time to get friendly *wink wink* is right before your next dose so he can be mindful of that. Mine kept missing his window, poor guy. ;)

Oh, and eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water! :)

Good luck!

Hi everyone! Im currently in my 2nd week of the TWW! My period is suppose to show on Thursday the 31st...obviously hoping she doesn't show. this is my 2nd IUI attempt, my donor information was really good! I have no known fertility issues; this time we did use medications. Femara 5mg for 1 week and then the ovidrel injection on the Tuesday before my insemination(IUI WAS ON 17TH). I had some pinching pain on my left side(where my better follicles were) a couple nights ago but there has been no implantation bleeding. I haven't had any other sign of pregnancy other than when I wake up I am immediately hungry. but that could just be that I'm hungry haha. so im going to test Tuesday and see what happens! good luck to everyone!

@ JNB0914: I am on the same cycle. Had the same shot on Tuesday and IUI on Thursday (17th). KUP! God bless us all. :)

JNB0914 & SAKS, I'm also on a similar schedule! Mine was on the 16th, and I test on the 31st. Good luck!!!

@ Mischief: Wow... How nice! I pray we get our BFP this cycle. KUP!

Welcome JNB and good luck to you three testing this week!

Welcome to everyone new! I have my baseline us tomorrow. Yuck. I've got to say, this is the worst period I've ever had. That progesterone made it a nightmare!! So awful. I'm starting to feel like myself again....only that will change once I start my bcps tomorrow. We are roughly estimating my injections will start august 11th or so with egg retrieval the 25th or hopefully the 26th. Then a five day transfer so then I will be back in the tww! Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Ltruns, I had to do my progesterone in the am. I was on crinone and there was some build up occasionally so I'd shower and kinda of clean out the previous gel and then lay down for 30 mins with my next dose. Forget sex! Poor DH. That stuff was fine the first couple of days and then kind of irritated me not to mention me cleaning it out every morning made me kind of sore. I'm trying something different this month! Lol crinone and I are NOT friends.

Welcome to everyone new! I have my baseline us tomorrow. Yuck. I've got to say, this is the worst period I've ever had. That progesterone made it a nightmare!! So awful. I'm starting to feel like myself again....only that will change once I start my bcps tomorrow. We are roughly estimating my injections will start august 11th or so with egg retrieval the 25th or hopefully the 26th. Then a five day transfer so then I will be back in the tww! Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Ltruns, I had to do my progesterone in the am. I was on crinone and there was some build up occasionally so I'd shower and kinda of clean out the previous gel and then lay down for 30 mins with my next dose. Forget sex! Poor DH. That stuff was fine the first couple of days and then kind of irritated me not to mention me cleaning it out every morning made me kind of sore. I'm trying something different this month! Lol crinone and I are NOT friends.

I have my baseline tomorrow too!!!
Omg about the progesterone!! Why couldn't they keep me on oral pills and just up the dosage to make up for what's lost in digestion and in your liver or whatever! I don't know what mine's called but they're shaped like little bullets! haha sheesh. I was worried about sex and that mess!

Mine are like yours Lt. I took them at night. Not horrible. Did it before getting in bed.

Ltruns, I had to do my progesterone in the am. I was on crinone and there was some build up occasionally so I'd shower and kinda of clean out the previous gel and then lay down for 30 mins with my next dose. Forget sex! Poor DH. That stuff was fine the first couple of days and then kind of irritated me not to mention me cleaning it out every morning made me kind of sore. I'm trying something different this month! Lol crinone and I are NOT friends.[/QUOTE]

Omg about the progesterone!! Why couldn't they keep me on oral pills and just up the dosage to make up for what's lost in digestion and in your liver or whatever! I don't know what mine's called but they're shaped like little bullets! haha sheesh. I was worried about sex and that mess![/QUOTE]

Haha little bullets. They are seriously so stupid. Get some panty liners. Lol I thought I was in the clear until about day 5 on those things. Then they just leak out during the day. Ugh. The nurse said something about putting me on capsules instead during this ivf cycle. I'm sure those will leak out too. Lol at first I think I pushed them in too far so my cervix might have been irritated from that. I remembered thinking "well I need to shove this crap way up there so it stays." Uh uh. My RE said I HAD to do it in the am only. No idea why but I would have done it at night if I could! This is totally gross but the day before my period actually really started I had THE WORST cramps of my life and I ran to the bathroom and pushed out a TON of pink and red progesterone cream. Yes, pushed out. I called DH and tried to explain what happened. At one point I gagged and he laughed at me and said "are you seriously sick over your own bodily fluids??" I started yelling at him and said YES!!! This is how gross it is now tell me if this sounds like cycle day 1 to you!!! Hahaha and now I'm back to normal. We have really missed "normal Jen" because "infertility Jen" is crazy.

@ Mikihob & JCM: Thank you for your encouragement. I appreciate you.

Omg about the progesterone!! Why couldn't they keep me on oral pills and just up the dosage to make up for what's lost in digestion and in your liver or whatever! I don't know what mine's called but they're shaped like little bullets! haha sheesh. I was worried about sex and that mess![/QUOTE]

Haha little bullets. They are seriously so stupid. Get some panty liners. Lol I thought I was in the clear until about day 5 on those things. Then they just leak out during the day. Ugh. The nurse said something about putting me on capsules instead during this ivf cycle. I'm sure those will leak out too. Lol at first I think I pushed them in too far so my cervix might have been irritated from that. I remembered thinking "well I need to shove this crap way up there so it stays." Uh uh. My RE said I HAD to do it in the am only. No idea why but I would have done it at night if I could! This is totally gross but the day before my period actually really started I had THE WORST cramps of my life and I ran to the bathroom and pushed out a TON of pink and red progesterone cream. Yes, pushed out. I called DH and tried to explain what happened. At one point I gagged and he laughed at me and said "are you seriously sick over your own bodily fluids??" I started yelling at him and said YES!!! This is how gross it is now tell me if this sounds like cycle day 1 to you!!! Hahaha and now I'm back to normal. We have really missed "normal Jen" because "infertility Jen" is crazy.[/QUOTE]

Those supps were the worst. I had to take them in the morning and at night. Gross mess.

I'm exhausted today. Dh had a friend over to watch a live stream of a concert and were playing cd's after and woke me up at 12:45am. My alarm goes off every morning at 5:30 and told them they can do whatever they want but don't wake me or the baby. This pic sums up how I feel today. Baby woke up from the lightning and thunder we had at 5am. I am a tired mama.

Attachments

• argh.jpg
    argh.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 2
Babywhisperer - That sounds exhausting! I'm blessed with a great sleeper. She sleeps through everything and if she wakes too early normally puts herself back to sleep. Number 2 is probably going to be a terror!

I'm still waiting for AF and getting more and more frustrated by the day. If I ovulated early, shouldn't it have come already?? I'm also pretty upset by a family member who told everyone a couple weeks ago they were struggling to get pregnant and then announce to everyone today that they're actually 3 months pregnant. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but infertility is not something to joke about and it really hurts me that they would think that was funny to say or something.

Babywhisperer - That sounds exhausting! I'm blessed with a great sleeper. She sleeps through everything and if she wakes too early normally puts herself back to sleep. Number 2 is probably going to be a terror!

I'm still waiting for AF and getting more and more frustrated by the day. If I ovulated early, shouldn't it have come already?? I'm also pretty upset by a family member who told everyone a couple weeks ago they were struggling to get pregnant and then announce to everyone today that they're actually 3 months pregnant. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but infertility is not something to joke about and it really hurts me that they would think that was funny to say or something.

Everyone's idea of struggling is different. Maybe they wanted to deflect the attention until they were ready to announce it. Friday is a very busy day of monitoring at Cornell, since most want to be spared coming in on the weekends. There were easily 45 women waiting at 7:45am. We are not alone in this, believe me. Stay positive and know that it's not a question of IF, it's a question of WHEN it will happen.

That being said, the only person who knows we are trying is my brother. I find too many people give their opinion where it is not needed. Tomorrow is my 2nd u/s and blood. I hope there is some good progression. I have discussed it with DH and if we are not successful this cycle I am taking the next one to do acupuncture 2x/week by a friend of mine. So our next cycle wouldn't be until end of Sept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->