• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July/August IUIs

Oh & over the weekend I finally found an aunt onsie that is gender neutral...plan to give that to my sister...for my mom I bought her little socks with horses on them (she loves horses). I REALLY want a girl. We went to a horse rescue & there was a girl who could barely walk all done up cowgirl style with pink boots! My mom (doesn't know we are TTC) said I am going to have another baby just so I can dress her up like that! Plus she has no grandaughters...just my sister's 2 boys.

Beaglemom - I had a very very faint BFP at 10dpIUI last time so you might see something that early. It was a real squinter though!

My doctor puts everyone on progesterone no matter what. Also with the exercising, I was instructed just no bouncing activities. I normally jog but I think after IUI I'll just walk on the treadmill.

I like the family tree idea, beagle! My cousin told my grandma at Christmas and did a huge picture frame with each grandchild in a photo individually. Then she put the u/s at the bottom space. It was really cute.
I feel like this P is gonna trick me! I will be careful not to get too excited. Next Sunday will be 11dpo for me so I'm really trying to hold out til then and then I read all of these 8dpo and 9dpo. Lucky I have you guys to obsess over to distract me! Raelynn, you are right behind me right? Will you schedule the iui when you see dr tomorrow?

JCM - Yes the P will mess with your head. I have been trying to not say that because however I try to say it, it sounds negative & I don't want it to sound negative. But yes, P basically will create side effects exactly like being pregnant because when pregnant your P levels start going up. So try not to get too wrapped up in the symptom spotting. Last time on P, I was sleeping every day right after work. & had headaches.

Ltruns from what I have heard the tablets don’t absorb as well as the creams. Putting the creams in has the body absorb most if not all of the progesterone, when you take pills the digestive system basically gets part of the progesterone. I have heard some docs will give tablets if you only need a small help with your progesterone and if you are borderline not strong enough lining wise, they give the cream. As raelynn said, some docs just always prescribe it no matter what. I think it varies doctor to doctor as everything else seems to. :winkwink:

Buttrfly as the others have said exercise is ok but not too much bouncing. My doctor never limits anything, he doesn’t even think laying down afterwards is necessary because studies haven’t proved it helps. I have heard that bouncing is bad and overall doing new, hard exercises is bad for our bodies, mainly reproductively. Walking and swimming is fine. Nothing crazy like Insanity or 4 miles sprints. (I would die…seriously)

I was told once by a girl on here that her doctor said she was not allowed to have sex for the whole 1st trimester because her miscarriage risk was too high. Imagine that. Especially if your libido actually increases when pregnant, like women’s do. You and DH would be walking around the house pissed off all the time. :rofl:

JCM I have thought about testing Saturday because I will be 10dpIUI. But I am nervous. What if I get a BFN? Sigh. The urge to POAS.

beaglemom that’s a great idea about telling your Uncle. He will probably look at it, “Wait. What?” lol. Adorable for your mom and sister. I plan to make some cute cards and send our family a pic of the first ultrasound. I may in fact wait to tell them until they get the cards. It would be so cute!

Just to jump in with a quick question... You guys are so great with suggestions!
The nurse wrote back and said no high impact or twisting with exercise. So I asked her what she felt about elliptical and she said that was fine. Any thoughts on elliptical for you B and B ladies? I have one at home. I may take it easy until next week since just did iui. So hard because don't want to do anything wrong!

Just to jump in with a quick question... You guys are so great with suggestions!
The nurse wrote back and said no high impact or twisting with exercise. So I asked her what she felt about elliptical and she said that was fine. Any thoughts on elliptical for you B and B ladies? I have one at home. I may take it easy until next week since just did iui. So hard because don't want to do anything wrong!

I LOVE the elliptical, I wish I had one. I would keep the resistance low and not move too fast. Gentle walking shouldn't bother you at all. You might want to do smaller increments of time. 15 minutes and see how you feel and if your fine the next day do 30 minutes. But I wouldn't do anything more than 30 minutes or too extreme. Otherwise, go for it! I too am trying very hard not to do anything wrong. I have a 1 year old Dalmatian puppy and I always pick him up like a baby and snuggle and kiss him but haven't since the IUI because your not supposed to do heavy lifting. :winkwink:

Hey ladies...little update...
So I had my scan and bloods today. Follicle measures 15.1mm. They are not scanning me tomorrow but will do next one Saturday morning, I hope they don't miss my ovulation!!!
CD11 today

So I had my scan and bloods today. Follicle measures 15.1mm. They are not scanning me tomorrow but will do next one Saturday morning, I hope they don't miss my ovulation!!!
CD11 today

Good follie. From what I have learned the follie will grow at about 1mm per day. So by Saturday you will be between 17-18mm. Which is when they usually tell you to trigger. Is your cycle medicated? Will you be using a trigger? Based on follie size I don't think you will miss your ovulation. There is a chance you have super follies that grow really fast, but I bet you'll be fine. :hugs:

Thanks miki! I'm a nervous wreck, can you tell ? ;) I actually asked the nurse also about sex just to be safe. From their opinion it is ok during the tww. Once pregnant they ask you abstain until you hear a heartbeat on the ultrasound. I think they have advanced ultrasounds too so wouldn't be too many weeks. Good to know!

Good luck ladies!
Sounds like a great plan Sally!

I think it depends on what your body is used to. If you already do elliptical then just minimize the work out. I also read to just do what makes you comfortable. If you get a negative will you look back on your activities and blame yourself? I'm not saying working out is bad...jyst heard that is a good question to ask yourself.

Raelynn thats great getting pregnant first IUI last time! I have been told the first is more experimental but I guess not for everyone! Are you using the same donor?

Jcm your hubby is so sweet! Glad IUI went well! Much more simple than I thought also. We have betas on the same day!! I'm still not sure if I will test at home before then.

Beagle the TWW is the worst!! When are you testing?
We need to have some kind of running list..I wonder who is testing first? Maybe ltruns then miki? Are you all testing at home as well?

Babylala glad your IUI went well! :D will you get a beta on the 23rd as well?

Is progesterone something that you ladies were just given in case or after a blood test? I go in for a blood test on 7/14 and they see if I need progesterone from that.
Have any of you heard no exercise during TWW? My friend had done several iuis and then IVF and was told for both no exercise. I emailed the nurse to see. I don't want to do anything that could interfere!
My IUI went well again! Now TWW and hopefully the last one!

Good luck ladies thinking of you all!

Congrats on a good procedure! I was given progesterone bc I have had a miscarriage and my blood progesterone was 6.8. Too low for pregnancy but confirmed ovulation. As far as exercise, I plan to continue through pregnancy so the tww is no exception. My doctor said so long as you've been doing it, it's not going to affect anything. Aside from elite athletes who train at levels we can't fathom, I don't think regular exercise can truly affect iui, assuming body fat and dietary needs are met. 30 min on the elliptical doesn't count as hard "exercise" more like, daily activity. I average 30 miles per wek but have cut it to 15, with weight sessions less than 30min. I feel like a slacker. Also, my dr said if you plan on remaining active during pregnancy that you should during the tww so that you're not out of shape at 5 weeks and the you can't exercise. The exercise restrictions are usually given more during IVF when there are actual medically proven risks. The iui is pretty much the same as a normal cycle, your ovaries shouldn't swell much past ovulation. Of course, being restful after the procedure makes sense, but in my doctors words "exercise is good for both the health of the mother and the fetus/potential fetus." Exercise also helps ease of delivery and helps your body bounce back quicker. It can help with morning sickness and fatigue, so to met here are too many benefits. Not even including mental/emotional. The reason so many doctors give restrictions is bc women worry. In my opinion. I just do t want to get to he end of the tww not pregnant, and bloated and miserable bc of hormones and lack of exercise. It's just too much a part of me.

CD11 today

Good, luck! Did you ask about intercourse before iui? Mine said before was important,we DTD the night of the trigger :)

No I'm not on meds, this is my second natural cycle. I didn't trigger last month either. My follicle was growing about 2mm each day last month.
I have a shot of choriogonadotropin Alfa (ovitrelle) in the fridge- don't really no what its for but think that's some kind of trigger if I need it xx

JCM - Depending on my follicles on Friday I'll either schedule IUI or another monitoring appointment

Sally - My RE is the same way. I was coming in every other day for monitoring last time since it took me a while to ovulate. I'm sure you'll be fine. 16mm is just the minimum they want to see, you won't usually ovulate as soon as you hit 16 so you shouldn't miss it. Sounds like you're getting close though!

We did o BD before IUI my previosly cycle...the trigger did a real umber on me...thought I was going to thow up. So he had quite a build up IUI day...but his retrieval was awesome...9 million out of 11 million. But this time we did same night as trigger & ended up with horrible count. So now not sure what to do if there is a next time.

So I am totally googling days past IUI for poitive hpt...I am losing it!

Hahaha beagle! I said Sunday!! I always say if you're ok with seeing a negative when you know it's too early, pee away! I can see a negative and still be positive about it going forward, so I always do it. Just to get it out of my mind. Buuuuuut, do it in the morning instead. I think I'm going to do two barre classes next week. I always enjoy them and sometimes they are tough but I can always take small rests. I also have an elliptical! I'm going to do 30 mins a day starting next week. Like Ltruns said, I plan on being active during pregnancy, why slack off now!? Plus, I'm already thinking of all delicious things I can eat for my staycation since i won't be drinking piña coladas by the pool with my hubby and friends. I for sure need to keep my exercise. My office only said take it easy for a couple of days.

No sex first trimester? Insane! We would kill each other. Lol Hey, random question but is it possible to have sperm meet egg 24 hours after iui? I BD'd again this morning just in case!

Yes I was def going to wait at least until morning.

I think you can still get pregnant after IUI...the trigger makes You O & release the egg(s) so then it lives 12-24 hours. The SMEP plan tells you to BD 3 days in a row starting day of positive opk...skip a day...then BD again. And people swear by that method. Not going to work for us with the low count though...which why IUI. But we did BD after our IUI just to cover the bases.

Another thing I heard was if multiple eggs, they release sort of like a domino effect...so BD after could help catch the later eggs...no idea if any of this is true. :)

beaglemom I am too! I have read a couple places that if you get a BFN before 11dpo, it could still end up a positive. If you get a BFN after 11dpo, most likely it's a BFN. There are some women who can't get a positive until 18dpo or later and some never at all.

The waiting stinks. I want to know now. :dohh:

JCM all the research I have done says the sperm is usually gone within 12-24 hours. Frozen sperm usually 6-12 but can be longer. Sometimes sperm does just live longer. Do you think you O'd later??

My RE suggested we BD the day of IUI and the day after. Hubby has azoospermia so the likelihood of that having any affect is very slim but we did it anyways last time. If nothing else, it probably helps your body by going through the motions. Every little bit helps!

My hubby called off his business trip since he hurt his back and doesn't want to travel on it. Hopefully he'll be in good enough condition to go to IUI with me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->