July/August IUIs

That's interesting! I know I had tests about ten years ago due to kidney stones (I've passed 10!) I had hyperparathyroidism. That's a mouthful! I had my cortisol and testosterone levels checked this afternoon. I'm interested to see how they come back. I've considered getting my thyroid checked too. I'm not overweight but I seem to have trouble losing weight whenever I want now days. I figured it was because I'm 30 now...I'm doing a lot of diet changes so if there's something else happening I may as well add those changes too right!? I see my RE Thursday so maybe I'll mention that idea to him. All of this just started within the last 6 months. Since I started all of the drugs I guess. The last 2 years my sex drive just hit the floor. I blamed that on moving in with 4 stepchildren and hating my inlaws. Ohhhh my crazy life...

Oh also, I've always been super active and now I just have no motivation. I'm 5'8" and about 135. Somedays I don't even want to put pants on. That's how lazy I am. Lol! And by Somedays I really mean most days. And you know what? About half the time I DONT! Ha!

Congrats, JCM/Jen! GL!

@Mikihob: Re: "...frozen donor sperm..."

You can always do a home insemination with a:

1. Turkey Baster

2. Needleless syringe

3. Oral medicine syringe

4. Cervical Cap

5. Diaphragm

6. SoftCup

-God bless us all.

Hi ladies first try at IUI this month and if no BFP doctor recommends we go straight to IVF. Doc has me on femara CD3-7 then will be on menopur injectables CD 8-13 then trigger and schedule IUI procedure. I am excited,nervous and trying not to get my hopes up as I've been disappointed many times before but I am hopeful because at least now we are moving in the right direction. I've been reading through these posts and thank you all for sharing your experiences it not only helps me know what to expect but also reminds me that I am not the only one going through this type of journey.

I will keep you posted as the month go on.

Oh also, I've always been super active and now I just have no motivation. I'm 5'8" and about 135. Somedays I don't even want to put pants on. That's how lazy I am. Lol! And by Somedays I really mean most days. And you know what? About half the time I DONT! Ha!

I know how you feel. I was feeling that way too. My TSH levels were elevated, my thyroid inflamed and I had bad brain fog. I am sensitive to any movement in TSH so I was feeling pretty bad. The synthroid helped pretty fast, and eliminating allergens in my diet has helped a lot. I read a lot about autoimmune diseases, leaky gut, and all the damage antibiotics can do....I was on them for a very long time due to Lyme.

Hi ladies first try at IUI this month and if no BFP doctor recommends we go straight to IVF. Doc has me on femara CD3-7 then will be on menopur injectables CD 8-13 then trigger and schedule IUI procedure. I am excited,nervous and trying not to get my hopes up as I've been disappointed many times before but I am hopeful because at least now we are moving in the right direction. I've been reading through these posts and thank you all for sharing your experiences it not only helps me know what to expect but also reminds me that I am not the only one going through this type of journey.

I will keep you posted as the month go on.

Welcome aboard! Have you had day 3 bloods drawn to test ovarian reserve? What about dh's SA? Did the Dr say why only 1 attempt at IUI before moving to IVF?

Hi Babywhisperer. I had bloodwork done on CD2 nurse said results were normal (not sure what that means). I am not sure of the exact numbers but DH has sperm issues (pretty low in every area) doc mentioned that with his SA our best option is IVF. I got a second opinion and that doc said the same thing as well. I am also prone for cysts and apparently the longer I'm on the meds the greater chance I have of cysts coming back and doc wants to avoid that. The nursing staff at my docs office are so nice though. When I went in for cd2 blood work I must have looked out of it (I thought I looked pretty good lol) and I overheard one of the nurses telling the other nurse she looks so sad today I am so sorry for her. It feels good to know they are actually rooting for my success and kinda feel my pain. My insurnace does not cover any fertility treatments so everything we are doing is out of pocket so if this cycle does not work not sure how soon we will be able to financially move onto IVF.

I go in tomorrow for injection lessons then do my next scan on Saturday morning. DH does a new SA tomorrow so I am praying those results are better than the last ones as he's been on vitamins.

If I'm reading your signature correctly you had 1 round of IUI for your BFP?

Byrnhild ~ Welcome! I'm also kinda new on this thread too. FX for good news for you on the 28th!

Floridasian ~ I'm so sorry. :hugs: Those stinky BFN's! I also take progesterone supplements because I have LPD. I have also noticed that I O earlier during the cycles after using progesterone that lengthens my LP. Suppositories lengthen my LP, oral progesterone doesn't lengthen my LP, but does keep me pg.

lusterleaf ~ Welcome and good luck to you!

Mikihob ~ No, there's no history of twins in my family. But, since I was being medicated, and the Dr said he even WANTED me to produce two eggs, I was kind of hoping to have the chance of twins. And, yes, I was excited. It's all over now though, onto the wait! I'm so sorry about what happened with your friend. :hugs: It's so unfair when someone who doesn't want a baby gets pg, and those that do want babies have a hard go at it.

raelynn ~ I know, easier said than done trying to stay busy during the 2ww. Hope it starts going faster for you!

JCM ~ Yay, for being cyst free! :happydance: Congrats!

Praying ~ Welcome! Good luck to you, and I hope this one IUI works for you! I'm also on my first IUI cycle. Just did the IUI part today, now I wait. I am also hoping this first one will work. FX for us all!

AFM ~ IUI #1 was completed today! We had 3.8 million active, moving sperm post-wash. I thought it sounded low, but the Dr was really positive and said they like to see 3-10 mil post wash, and we were near 4 mil. He seemed to think it was a good amount. They had me slightly lean to my left side afterwards since that's the side with the one big follie I had on Saturday. They told me to test on September 9th. After it dawned on me what the date was, I started tearing up a little. This September 9th it'll be 15 years ago when I met DH and he asked me out on our first date. :flower:

Hi Babywhisperer. I had bloodwork done on CD2 nurse said results were normal (not sure what that means). I am not sure of the exact numbers but DH has sperm issues (pretty low in every area) doc mentioned that with his SA our best option is IVF. I got a second opinion and that doc said the same thing as well. I am also prone for cysts and apparently the longer I'm on the meds the greater chance I have of cysts coming back and doc wants to avoid that. The nursing staff at my docs office are so nice though. When I went in for cd2 blood work I must have looked out of it (I thought I looked pretty good lol) and I overheard one of the nurses telling the other nurse she looks so sad today I am so sorry for her. It feels good to know they are actually rooting for my success and kinda feel my pain. My insurnace does not cover any fertility treatments so everything we are doing is out of pocket so if this cycle does not work not sure how soon we will be able to financially move onto IVF.

I go in tomorrow for injection lessons then do my next scan on Saturday morning. DH does a new SA tomorrow so I am praying those results are better than the last ones as he's been on vitamins.

If I'm reading your signature correctly you had 1 round of IUI for your BFP?

I hope dh's SA shows improvement.

Yes last year I did 1 cycle and got a bfp. I was doing acupuncture and herbs for 3mos before the cycle. This time I haven't done that and am not responding to the same dosage of injectables. They increased my dose and I had follies measuring 19, 17, 16 and 13 on Fri morning and we triggered that night.

I hope dh's SA shows improvement.

Yes last year I did 1 cycle and got a bfp. I was doing acupuncture and herbs for 3mos before the cycle. This time I haven't done that and am not responding to the same dosage of injectables. They increased my dose and I had follies measuring 19, 17, 16 and 13 on Fri morning and we triggered that night.

Oh good for you now you just wait patiently I will soon be in the tww phase good luck to you this month.

Byrnhild ~ Welcome! I'm also kinda new on this thread too. FX for good news for you on the 28th!

Floridasian ~ I'm so sorry. :hugs: Those stinky BFN's! I also take progesterone supplements because I have LPD. I have also noticed that I O earlier during the cycles after using progesterone that lengthens my LP. Suppositories lengthen my LP, oral progesterone doesn't lengthen my LP, but does keep me pg.

lusterleaf ~ Welcome and good luck to you!

Mikihob ~ No, there's no history of twins in my family. But, since I was being medicated, and the Dr said he even WANTED me to produce two eggs, I was kind of hoping to have the chance of twins. And, yes, I was excited. It's all over now though, onto the wait! I'm so sorry about what happened with your friend. :hugs: It's so unfair when someone who doesn't want a baby gets pg, and those that do want babies have a hard go at it.

raelynn ~ I know, easier said than done trying to stay busy during the 2ww. Hope it starts going faster for you!

JCM ~ Yay, for being cyst free! :happydance: Congrats!

Praying ~ Welcome! Good luck to you, and I hope this one IUI works for you! I'm also on my first IUI cycle. Just did the IUI part today, now I wait. I am also hoping this first one will work. FX for us all!

AFM ~ IUI #1 was completed today! We had 3.8 million active, moving sperm post-wash. I thought it sounded low, but the Dr was really positive and said they like to see 3-10 mil post wash, and we were near 4 mil. He seemed to think it was a good amount. They had me slightly lean to my left side afterwards since that's the side with the one big follie I had on Saturday. They told me to test on September 9th. After it dawned on me what the date was, I started tearing up a little. This September 9th it'll be 15 years ago when I met DH and he asked me out on our first date. :flower:

Fingers crossed for you that it's your month!!

Momof3girls - Glad the IUI went well for you today. Welcome to the 2ww!

Welcome, Prayingforno1! GL!

Me: My uterine surgery is this Thursday. I am a bit nervous. I have never had any type of surgery. They will have to put me under and I can't drive myself home. Oh, how I hate that tiny bit of loss of control. I don't like to bother others with my responsibilities. My husband just started a new job, and I do not want him to have to take a day off of work. *sigh* I pray Father God blesses everything to work out in His elite favor for me and my husband.

-God bless us all.

Me: My uterine surgery is this Thursday. I am a bit nervous. I have never had any type of surgery. They will have to put me under and I can't drive myself home. Oh, how I hate that tiny bit of loss of control. I don't like to bother others with my responsibilities. My husband just started a new job, and I do not want him to have to take a day off of work. *sigh* I pray Father God blesses everything to work out in His elite favor for me and my husband.

-God bless us all.

I'll be praying all goes well. I had a uterine polyp removed Feb 2011 and it was fine. I was up and around the next day. It was like bad af cramps. Everything will be fine.

-God bless us all.

What kind of uterine surgery are you having? I had a hysteroscopy to remove uterine scarring in April. They also discovered scar tissue around my cervix which was also removed. I had to be put under and went through some scary pre-op stuff but it all turned out just fine. There was no pain and no bleeding afterwards and I was excited that I was one step closer to that THB!

Thank you, Babywhisperer!!! I appreciate your prayers and calming sense...

@Floridasian: They are not sure what it is. They will have to go into my uterus to remove what they saw during the SHG. I too am excited that it will make me extremely fertile, quickly pregnant, and eventually a mother! :)

-God bless us all.

saks - Good luck with the surgery. I was put under for egg retrieval for IVF and like the other girls, my experience was fine. I had no pain afterwards. I remember telling the nurses as the wheeled me out of surgery that I felt like I just took a long nap. Praying all goes well with yours!

Thank you so much, Raelynn!!! I appreciate you. :)

-God bless us all.

SAKS - sounds like a hysteroscopy to me as I also needed the surgery after they found a suspicious black dot that wouldn't move during my HSG.

Hope everything goes well for you on Thursday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->