July/August IUIs

Thank you, Floridasian.

BTW, I had a Sonohysterogram...not a Hysterosalpingogram. No black dots, either... They just labled it uterine surgery.

-God bless us all.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Saks. My husbands as well. He likes to pray for all of my infertile friends. ; ) I know what you mean about the loss of control by being put under. I'm the exact same way. Plus I don't like to intrude on anyones schedule....my husband is a surgeon and I feel bad taking away patient time but sometimes it's gotta be ok. He's MY husband after all. I really want him at my egg retrieval. My next option is my dad...haha so I'm hoping DH can make it!

Yes I understand the difference as I needed to have both. I got my first BFP after the HSG which revealed uterine scarring. Then I lost that pregnancy and needed to have a D&C. After the D&C my doctor ordered a SHG to make sure the uterine cavity was normal and that's when they saw that the scar tissue was still there and I still needed the hysteroscopy (he was hoping that the D&C would take care of it but it didn't). HSG and SHG can both be used to show uterine conditions, it's just that HSG also shows whether your tubes are open, but the SHG does not. It only looks at the uterus.

Also, there are two types of hysteroscopy - diagnostic and operative. If they are not sure what was going on it could just be diagnostic. My doctor already knew I had scar tissue so I had an operative hysteroscopy to remove the scarring. I heard that the diagnostic kind is a fast in-office procedure and you are not put under so I'm assuming that's not what you're having.

JCM/Jen: Thank God, you get me!!! Lol! Thank you so very much for your prayers. I definitely need them. Your husband is a sweet, brilliant cutie! ;) Please let him know, I appreciate him too!
-I pray your husband will be right by your side during your egg retrieval. May God bless everything to go perfectly for you both!

@Floridasian: I understand. And, I thank you for your time.

-God bless us all.

Hello everybody,

I have just gotten my beta result as of 13 dpiui. It's 60. Positive but the doctor won't let me be happy because he says it's too low. We'll see, I have to go back on Friday. Whatever, I'm pregnant after mu very first IUI, so I should be allowed to be happy! However, I'm reeeeally mad now, I have no idea why! Oh, the hormones!!

Best of luck to all of you!!

Byrnhild ~ I say, go ahead and be happy! I've seen people have betas less than 60 at 13 dpo, and they went on to have happy pregnancies. Congratulations! :happydance: I'm glad your first IUI worked. So exciting. Gives me a little hope for mine. I'm now 1 dpiui, also my first one. Still have the whole two weeks to wait for my results. Anyway, big congrats again! :thumbup:

SAKS ~ Good luck with your surgery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

JCM ~ Hopefully your DH will be at your egg retrieval, and not your dad!

Thank you so much, Momof3girls.

Hope everything goes great for you!

Hello everybody,

I have just gotten my beta result as of 13 dpiui. It's 60. Positive but the doctor won't let me be happy because he says it's too low. We'll see, I have to go back on Friday. Whatever, I'm pregnant after mu very first IUI, so I should be allowed to be happy! However, I'm reeeeally mad now, I have no idea why! Oh, the hormones!!

:hugs: hun I'm sure you will be okay and when you go back on Friday the numbers would have increased as required. Aren't the hormones something else, I found myself crying watching a commercial the other night. When I caught myself I only laughed because I said I must be going crazy lol. Sending you some extra baby dust :dust: (although I doubt you'll need it :) ) and I will be waiting for you to report your increased count this weekend!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Saks. My husbands as well. He likes to pray for all of my infertile friends. ; ) I know what you mean about the loss of control by being put under. I'm the exact same way. Plus I don't like to intrude on anyones schedule....my husband is a surgeon and I feel bad taking away patient time but sometimes it's gotta be ok. He's MY husband after all. I really want him at my egg retrieval. My next option is my dad...haha so I'm hoping DH can make it!

Ha! I hope DH can make it too GL to you hun

Congratulations, Byrnhild!!! What a blessing!

Thank you, MomOf3Girls!!! I appreciate you.

-God bless us all.

Thank you all so much. I know it's absolutely stupid that I'm whining here as I have been SO lucky!! It's ridiculous.

I just wish all of you are just as lucky!! And if your nurse isn't stupid and doesn't make you feel like there's no hope with a 60 Beta, well, even better!!

Hi everyone so I go in this afternoon for injection lessons and tonight will be my first one. I am so nervous but weirdly excited at the same time. We are paying for everything out of pocket and the menopur was so expensive but I am hopeful the combo we are using this cycle will be just we need to get our BFP.
Dh took in goods for SA this morning so doc will have those results by the time I go to him on Saturday for scan.

Menopur is crazy expensive! Just to give you some hope, it helped get me my positive. Don't worry about the injections, they don't hurt at all.

Good luck, Prayingfornº1!!

Thanks Byrnhild it's really encouraging to hear that you were successful on menopur and the injections are not that bad. This morning DH told me he wants to come with me to the injection training so he can give me the shots lol. I'm not sure what i fear most giving the injections to myself or having DH inject me lol :juggle:

Hello everybody,

Congrats and have faith. I got my bfp at 12dpiui, my beta on 15dpiui was mid 150s, that means on 13dpiui it was probably 40 and 12dpiui just above 20 so the frer could pick up the faint line.

Thanks Byrnhild it's really encouraging to hear that you were successful on menopur and the injections are not that bad. This morning DH told me he wants to come with me to the injection training so he can give me the shots lol. I'm not sure what i fear most giving the injections to myself or having DH inject me lol :juggle:

Injections are easy, the anticipation is worse than the actual thing...like ripping off a band-aid.

LOL, I gave the injections to myself, it was easy and completely painless. Actually, I went to get a thicker needle because it was easier to get all the liquid and still no pain.

Thanks everyone I will let you know how it goes with the injections. I will have the nurse give me the first one this afternoon but will have to handle it myself from tomorrow onwards. I am kinda pissed with DH right now. He had an emergency meeting at work this morning so didn't get to do the SA. Really??? Is he trying to give me a meltdown doesn't he know I am on pins and needles this month. Anyway he better do it tomorrow or else.....:gun:

Thanks everyone I will let you know how it goes with the injections. I will have the nurse give me the first one this afternoon but will have to handle it myself from tomorrow onwards. I am kinda pissed with DH right now. He had an emergency meeting at work this morning so didn't get to do the SA. Really??? Is he trying to give me a meltdown doesn't he know I am on pins and needles this month. Anyway he better do it tomorrow or else.....:gun:

LOL!!!! You don't know how often I have used the "I'm on hormones" excuse to get away with stuff this month... It's the only good side!!

LOL!!!! You don't know how often I have used the "I'm on hormones" excuse to get away with stuff this month... It's the only good side!!

LOL! Maybe I need to start doing that! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"