• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July/August IUIs

JCM - Mine turned out just like you. 3ish days later and AF full force. Happened this morning and I have been cranky all day! I had horrible cramps this morning but they seem to have let up for now.

I left a message with my nurse to let her know I'm cancelling my beta and scheduling day 3 blood and ultrasound instead. Hopefully Tuesday they'll let me know what the plan is for this cycle.

Ahhhh I was really hoping this was gonna be it for you, Raelynn! I was so sure you were gonna be our thread starter BFP! ; ) I stopped the P on a Tuesday and AF CAME FULL FORCE on that Friday. I hope yours is more tolerable than mine. Hope you had a fun beach visit!

Looks like I missed a TON! Lots of new people to join us now! Plus, a BFP! Congrats! Hope you are staying sane! I've had a couple of friends on here that got their BFPs this cycle and they are so nervous....isn't it a bummer when we finally get what we want and then we worry? Ahhhh so frustrating!

SAKS, so sorry you feel this way. I may have missed something somewhere on the cliques and catty behavior. Anyway, good luck to you!

Floridasian, I agree with Raelynn. Give hubby a little break before the big day! My RE actually had DH abstain for 3 days. Then he told us to go home and get busy after the iui for "back up". I will admit, I felt gross and bloated but I put in a good effort! Good luck!!!

AFM, I've been laying a little bit low since I've been so cranky. My ivf meds got delivered 4 days late so I basically had to double purchase over half of my meds. Oh well, it is what it is! My last day of injections is Sunday (5 per day ouch!) and another u/s on Monday for follicle check. I've got about 15 big ones now so hoping we get to trigger Monday night and keep egg retrieval scheduled for Wednesday! It's coming up so quickly and I'm so nervous. I can't believe I'm finally almost to the end of this ivf crap! Yay!

Oh, and I'm loving acupuncture! Babywhisperer, hopefully you get back into doing it soon. Keeps me calm and I really feel good about it!

Anxiously awaiting good news from you, Ltruns!!!
Hi to everyone else! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

So my posts are not posting when I use my phone. Annoying. 5 shots a day?? Are they all at once? Do you mind me asking what are you taking? 15 follies is amazing. You should be very happy with how you are responding. What pharmacy do you use for meds? I really like Freedon Pharmacy. They have been great to work with and fast. I'm pulling for you girl!!!

Ooo forgot to add, the acupuncture is awesome. I may go more than once this week. I think the meds are giving me some anxiety. Damn hormones. I wish everyone could do acupuncture. I swear it relaxes me like nothing else. I hope it makes a difference this cycle. Happy Monday everyone!

Thanks everyone's for your suggestions on the BD schedule before IUI. I was afraid no BD for two and half days would hurt his motility so we ended up BD'ing as soon as DH got home on Friday at 5 PM so he would have over 15 hours to rebuild his supply by the time of the IUI the next morning. His count was 56 mil / 33 mil active at the time of the IUI so it did go down (it was 90 mil last time) but I think that was still sufficient for the IUI.

Something interesting I thought I would share - not sure if any of you chart (I do religiously) but I got my first positive OPK at around 10:30 AM on CD10 and that's when I decided I would go in the next day for the IUI.

I had a horrible night of sleep and woke up at 4:55AM and couldn't go back to sleep. When I finally fell asleep I had a nightmare and woke up crying for a few minutes. Went back to sleep for maybe half an hour and my alarm woke me up at my normal temp time and saw a huge temp spike so I thought "darn it, I already ovulated!" but I still went in for the IUI anyway thinking that within a 24 hour period would probably be fine. I expressed my concern to the RE and he did a quick scan afterwards and saw that the follicle was still intact, so I most definitely did not ovulate yet.

Moral of the story is that if I just went with my temps I would have thought I ovulated a day early.

raelynn - I'm glad AF finally showed me so you can move on to your new cycle!!

Jen - 15 follicles is great! Sorry that you had to endure so much meds but I'm excited for you! It'll all be worth it in the end!!

I wish there were acupuncturists in my area - I keep hearing so many good things about them but I live in a tiny town so I highly doubt it.

JCM - Mine turned out just like you. 3ish days later and AF full force. Happened this morning and I have been cranky all day! I had horrible cramps this morning but they seem to have let up for now.

I left a message with my nurse to let her know I'm cancelling my beta and scheduling day 3 blood and ultrasound instead. Hopefully Tuesday they'll let me know what the plan is for this cycle.

Happy the waiting is over. It's a doozie when it finally comes from the meds though. Hope it's not too bad.

raelynn - I'm glad AF finally showed me so you can move on to your new cycle!!

Jen - 15 follicles is great! Sorry that you had to endure so much meds but I'm excited for you! It'll all be worth it in the end!!

I wish there were acupuncturists in my area - I keep hearing so many good things about them but I live in a tiny town so I highly doubt it.

Maybe there are some acupressure points you and dh can do together on you that might help.

Ahhhh I was really hoping this was gonna be it for you, Raelynn! I was so sure you were gonna be our thread starter BFP! ; ) I stopped the P on a Tuesday and AF CAME FULL FORCE on that Friday. I hope yours is more tolerable than mine. Hope you had a fun beach visit!

Looks like I missed a TON! Lots of new people to join us now! Plus, a BFP! Congrats! Hope you are staying sane! I've had a couple of friends on here that got their BFPs this cycle and they are so nervous....isn't it a bummer when we finally get what we want and then we worry? Ahhhh so frustrating!

SAKS, so sorry you feel this way. I may have missed something somewhere on the cliques and catty behavior. Anyway, good luck to you!

Floridasian, I agree with Raelynn. Give hubby a little break before the big day! My RE actually had DH abstain for 3 days. Then he told us to go home and get busy after the iui for "back up". I will admit, I felt gross and bloated but I put in a good effort! Good luck!!!

AFM, I've been laying a little bit low since I've been so cranky. My ivf meds got delivered 4 days late so I basically had to double purchase over half of my meds. Oh well, it is what it is! My last day of injections is Sunday (5 per day ouch!) and another u/s on Monday for follicle check. I've got about 15 big ones now so hoping we get to trigger Monday night and keep egg retrieval scheduled for Wednesday! It's coming up so quickly and I'm so nervous. I can't believe I'm finally almost to the end of this ivf crap! Yay!

Oh, and I'm loving acupuncture! Babywhisperer, hopefully you get back into doing it soon. Keeps me calm and I really feel good about it!

Anxiously awaiting good news from you, Ltruns!!!
Hi to everyone else! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Thank you, JCM!! Yes, I'm very nervous and worried but hey, I got my BFP in my first IUI; I feel I am soooo lucky that I have no right to complain! Just waiting "patiently" for my first u/s on the 16th.

I hope you follicle count is great today and they can retrieve many healthy eggs! Good luck to you and everybody else here!

Awwww Raelynn, I feel for you! I was bummed when it happened obviously but I was thrilled to take some Advil!!! Glad you can hopefully get started right away with your baseline (ugh).
Babywhisperer, I take heparin injections twice a day (more blood flow to my uterus, my RE is an "outside the box" guy) Human growth hormone in the morning (gives me better quality eggs). Then I do viles of FSH and HMG every night (different amounts each night depending on follie checks and blood checks every other day). The last one has been either LUpron or Antagon. I've been on antagon (to suppress ovulation) for the last 3 nights. One night I had to do half of an HCG trigger on top of it all. Whew! It's really nice to have an updated flow sheet every other day. Gets confusing!
I've used freedom and love them but this other company was about half the price and they use him all of the time so I thought I was safe! Wrong!!! At least I was able to get back up meds in time. If anyone has to move to ivf, get your meds early. Like when you're on bcps. My office dropped the ball on that part. I should have had a script for them at least!

Floridasian, check with your RE. Lots of them give recommendations for fertility acupuncture. I was totally not calm and relaxed the first 2 times but now I love it.

Babywhisperer, I go twice a week now that I'm "in cycle". It's great. Plus, he will come with me to my transfer next week. Before and after. I really feel like he's gonna be my savior that day! I'm supposed to be in bed Wednesday after retrieval and Thursday. My stepkids will be here all weekend so I have a feeling I'm going to be going a little crazy. I'm super bloated today so those follies must be doing well in there! I'm running out of room!!

Cd 11 ultrasound was good. Have 2 follicles on the right side measuring 17 and 15. One on the right at 15. Lining was 6.8, she wants it 8 prior to iui. She said since my scan was early that's why it wasn't 8. She wants me to trigger Wednesday am and have iui thursday at 12.

I know a lot of ladies on here do their injection at 9 and the 36 hours later do the iui. Has anyone else ever had trigger in am and then the following morning had iui?

Trigger pregnyl 10000 units sq.

I feel a lot of bfps coming this cycle. Can't wait to see everyone's tests.

Dh and i are knocking out some Christmas shopping while on vacation. Not trying to get everything but just as we see things on sale or we are writing them down for later when they may go on sale. We just got home from Kansas City went there so we could go to Lego land only to find out we weren't allowed because we don't have a child. That is awful. We wanted to get some cousins some fun Legos but had to settle. Maybe another day... they do have adult days.

JCM - I was the same! Hallelujah for advil :) That is crazy you have so many injections but sounds like you are responding great!

FBG - I can't really offer any help on the trigger since I haven't had to do one. Sounds like your follicles are doing great though! Good luck!

FutureBabyG - I agree with raelynn that your follicles sound great! It looks like you might have three mature ones by the time of the IUI. I still only had one despite the double dosage of Femara (apparently I didn't respond to it at all!). I also have no experience with trigger but you should continue with OPK so you can be double sure of your timing! Good luck!!

I have only triggered at night with iui 36 hrs later. But i have heard of people doing 24 hours.

Awwww Raelynn, I feel for you! I was bummed when it happened obviously but I was thrilled to take some Advil!!! Glad you can hopefully get started right away with your baseline (ugh).
Babywhisperer, I take heparin injections twice a day (more blood flow to my uterus, my RE is an "outside the box" guy) Human growth hormone in the morning (gives me better quality eggs). Then I do viles of FSH and HMG every night (different amounts each night depending on follie checks and blood checks every other day). The last one has been either LUpron or Antagon. I've been on antagon (to suppress ovulation) for the last 3 nights. One night I had to do half of an HCG trigger on top of it all. Whew! It's really nice to have an updated flow sheet every other day. Gets confusing!
I've used freedom and love them but this other company was about half the price and they use him all of the time so I thought I was safe! Wrong!!! At least I was able to get back up meds in time. If anyone has to move to ivf, get your meds early. Like when you're on bcps. My office dropped the ball on that part. I should have had a script for them at least!

Floridasian, check with your RE. Lots of them give recommendations for fertility acupuncture. I was totally not calm and relaxed the first 2 times but now I love it.

Babywhisperer, I go twice a week now that I'm "in cycle". It's great. Plus, he will come with me to my transfer next week. Before and after. I really feel like he's gonna be my savior that day! I'm supposed to be in bed Wednesday after retrieval and Thursday. My stepkids will be here all weekend so I have a feeling I'm going to be going a little crazy. I'm super bloated today so those follies must be doing well in there! I'm running out of room!!

I'm happy the acupuncture is helping you. make sure you rest even with the step kids there. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling with all those meds. I'm happy you are almost done. So excited for you!

Cd 11 ultrasound was good. Have 2 follicles on the right side measuring 17 and 15. One on the right at 15. Lining was 6.8, she wants it 8 prior to iui. She said since my scan was early that's why it wasn't 8. She wants me to trigger Wednesday am and have iui thursday at 12.

I know a lot of ladies on here do their injection at 9 and the 36 hours later do the iui. Has anyone else ever had trigger in am and then the following morning had iui?

Trigger pregnyl 10000 units sq.

Those are great follies! Good luck!

They trigger me between 10-11pm and 36hrs later iui.

I feel a lot of bfps coming this cycle. Can't wait to see everyone's tests.

Dh and i are knocking out some Christmas shopping while on vacation. Not trying to get everything but just as we see things on sale or we are writing them down for later when they may go on sale. We just got home from Kansas City went there so we could go to Lego land only to find out we weren't allowed because we don't have a child. That is awful. We wanted to get some cousins some fun Legos but had to settle. Maybe another day... they do have adult days.

I hope you're right!!!

Christmas is closer than I think, holy smokes!

reading through posts all you ladies seem to be doing the trigger yourself but my doc said he'd prefer his nurse did it (not sure why). Last cycle she said she wouldn't charge me and would just come to my house at 9-10 to give me trigger. Hmm I wonder if I'll still get that on the house deal since my cycle was cancelled and never got to trigger. :)

I don't know if the np usually allows the patients to take it home and do it themselves. She asked how far away we live and I told her 1 hr. She said something about oh that's a long way I was going to have you come back for the hcg shot if you are ready this week. I then said i was hoping I could do it at home. She gave me a weird look and I told her I am a nurse. Then a light bulb clicked and she agreed.

That's crazy! They make house calls??? Awesome. I always have to do it myself. So I have DH do it.

I'm actually triggering tonight! Yay! At 10:30 and my retrieval is exactly 36 hours later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->