• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July/August IUIs

If I ever end up doing a trigger, I do it myself too. The trigger for IVF was intramuscular so I had my sis do it since hubby is more nervous with needles than me.

Good luck for your retrieval JCM!!

That's crazy! They make house calls??? Awesome. I always have to do it myself. So I have DH do it.

I'm actually triggering tonight! Yay! At 10:30 and my retrieval is exactly 36 hours later.

Saying prayers for you!!

That's crazy! They make house calls??? Awesome. I always have to do it myself. So I have DH do it.

I'm actually triggering tonight! Yay! At 10:30 and my retrieval is exactly 36 hours later.

Yeah I thought it was nice too . DH was doing all my other injections but that one he wanted the nurse to do. I will see if he suggests same procedure next cycle

GL on your cycle Hun

iI think my RE has the nurse do IM shots for triggers but we can do the SC shots at home.

Well I went in for my day 3 check today. No cysts so that is good. When I went in for the blood draw they were like "Today is the big day!" I had to tell them no I wasn't in for the beta I was in for my day 3 check. They hadn't switched my paperwork over yet. Waiting for the call this afternoon to hear from my nurse what the plan is this cycle. I'm guessing it will be the same but haven't ordered the refill of my meds yet in case it is different.

Well I went in for my day 3 check today. No cysts so that is good. When I went in for the blood draw they were like "Today is the big day!" I had to tell them no I wasn't in for the beta I was in for my day 3 check. They hadn't switched my paperwork over yet. Waiting for the call this afternoon to hear from my nurse what the plan is this cycle. I'm guessing it will be the same but haven't ordered the refill of my meds yet in case it is different.

GL raelynn. I' expect I'll be doing cd3 scan/bllod work next week sometime.

Funny thing I dreamt I was holding a baby last night and it was a boy and I kept kissing him and telling him I loved him and if he knew how long I waited for him. Then I look at my ticker and it said 6DPO vivid dreams experienced by 10% of people . LOL to me

Sorry, reminders like that suck. But this is a new cycle and you have an amazing chance. Stay positive.

Is anyone getting increased anxiety from meds? I have been unable to settle down to sleep at night, mind is racing.

Triggered this am at 0500 because I couldn't sleep. It's 1 o'clock pm now and I still don't feel any side effects from it. Excited for tomorrow. Dh gives his sample at 945-1015 ish then they wash it for an hour then I go in for the iui around 1130. After the iui we are off to vacation.

How is everyone else today? Anyone else doing iui tomorrow?

Triggered this am at 0500 because I couldn't sleep. It's 1 o'clock pm now and I still don't feel any side effects from it. Excited for tomorrow. Dh gives his sample at 945-1015 ish then they wash it for an hour then I go in for the iui around 1130. After the iui we are off to vacation.

Good luck w/ the IUI!! Fingers crossed for you.

I got a call from the RE's office, my insurance isn't covering our 3rd cycle so we have to pay 3000-3500 the day of IUI. If this doesn't work we may rethink our plan. In the meantime my husband is going to contest the insurance company's decision. He think's being a lawyer will matter, but I don't think the insurance company will cover it. Would you ladies keep doing IUI at 3000-3500 a pop or go right to IVF after 3 failed cycles?

This is your first IUI, right? Good luck and enjoy your vacation! That sounds like a great plan! :)

I got a call from the RE's office, my insurance isn't covering our 3rd cycle so we have to pay 3000-3500 the day of IUI. If this doesn't work we may rethink our plan. In the meantime my husband is going to contest the insurance company's decision. He think's being a lawyer will matter, but I don't think the insurance company will cover it. Would you ladies keep doing IUI at 3000-3500 a pop or go right to IVF after 3 failed cycles?

Wow - I had no idea IUI's can be that expensive (mine's only $352 OOP - insurance doesn't cover it)! Was it because of all the meds you were taking or did they include extra ultrasounds? I guess it would depend on how much IVF costs for you. If IVF is $12000 and IUI is $3500 then I would definitely jump on IVF after three cycles.

Hi Babaywhisperer. Oh wow these insurance companies can be so difficult at times at fertility treatments are so expensive. Our insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments so evertything we've been doing is out of pocket-bloodwork, scans, meds, actual IUI procedure. Given our situation doc only recommends 1 go at IUI and if no luck move onto IVF. Initally I was a bit floored to hear this but since everything is out of pocket for us I think I'd rather we spent our money on IVF if IUI doesn't work as it increase chances of BFP. You are on your 2nd cycle now right? If so why are you worrying about cycle 3 and you will be getting your BFP this month:flower:

FutureBabyG-GL hun hoping all goes well for you and I love the vacation after IUI idea. Hmm think I may be stealing this idea this month when we do our first IUI.

Wow - I had no idea IUI's can be that expensive (mine's only $352 OOP - insurance doesn't cover it)! Was it because of all the meds you were taking or did they include extra ultrasounds? I guess it would depend on how much IVF costs for you. If IVF is $12000 and IUI is $3500 then I would definitely jump on IVF after three cycles.

The procedure itself is 700, the monitoring, u/s and b/w is more costly. IVF with this same Dr is more like 25k+.

This is stressing me out.

Yes this is our first iui. Our cost doesn't seem that high. Clomid was $9. Ultrasound for follicles and lining check $30-60. Trigger $71. The seman analysis and washing I will have to look at my paperwork and then the actual iui I will have to check also. I want to say everything added up to around 500.

The procedure itself is 700, the monitoring, u/s and b/w is more costly. IVF with this same Dr is more like 25k+.

This is stressing me out.

I'm sorry that this is so stressful. Fertility treatment not covered by insurance is one thing, the huge price variation from one doctor's office to another is just ridiculous! I think statistically success rates after the 3rd or 4th IUI is greatly reduced so if I were you I would probably still move to IVF if you can afford it. Although at $25K+ I don't know how anyone can afford that without assistance!

My RE's office bills the ultrasounds as "office visits" - so just $25 each and I only do two per cycle.

My RE's office bills the ultrasounds as "office visits" - so just $25 each and I only do two per cycle.

Oh wow that is an excellent price my u/s are over $100 and 2 per cycle as well.

For those considering/ who may have researched IVF, have you ever looked at IVF abroad? We were recently told about a couple that went to Panama paid roughly 10k and got their BFP (they now have twins) but I am not sure how I'd feel or afford having to be out the country for such a long time.

Hi Babaywhisperer. Oh wow these insurance companies can be so difficult at times at fertility treatments are so expensive. Our insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments so evertything we've been doing is out of pocket-bloodwork, scans, meds, actual IUI procedure. Given our situation doc only recommends 1 go at IUI and if no luck move onto IVF. Initally I was a bit floored to hear this but since everything is out of pocket for us I think I'd rather we spent our money on IVF if IUI doesn't work as it increase chances of BFP. You are on your 2nd cycle now right? If so why are you worrying about cycle 3 and you will be getting your BFP this month:flower:

FutureBabyG-GL hun hoping all goes well for you and I love the vacation after IUI idea. Hmm think I may be stealing this idea this month when we do our first IUI.

I have to think about this. With IVF and my age they will likely push to transfer 2, and twins would be a lot since I already have a baby, the cost would be huge, and the pregnancy will be more complicated.

Wow...I have been so busy at work today...looks like you guys are busy too.

IVF abroad just makes me nervous...plus we have dogs & taking all that time off from work. I realize it is cheaper & def safe & works as long as you do the research...but I am just more comfortable sticking with the USA.

IVF for me will cost roughly $9-$15K. But it can get costly depending on what you do.

I have mentioned this before, but my dumb insurance will cover meds & u/s (charging a copay) if I do timed intercourse. So no coverage for IUI...how dumb is THAT! So an IUI with my gyno ran about $500 (that is wash & procedure). My RE is the same price for the actual IUI, but add in $250 x 2 for ultrasounds & I was on follistim & using a trigger. So You could say $1000 - $1500 per cycle...but my follistim lasted 2 cycles...so cycle 2 was closer to $1000.

So Babywhisperer - you have a lot going on. First your IUIs cost more than mine...but your IVF is significantly more. So it really depends on your personal financial situation. If I were in your shoes I may do 2 IUIs...but I would also shop around for a cheaper IVF option. I think Floridasian once shared on another thread a great link to IVF statistics. So you couold start there with research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->