** July lucky testing thread **

Hey all I'm back and ready!

16DPO and thinking I will O very soon. Hopefully get a positive test tomorrow or Tuesday. We will see!

Wont be doing a HPT this cycle but expecting AF on 27th July so...

Hope's arent high this cycle as we are both back at work on opposite shifts so dont see each other much but we DTD yesterday and will do again Wednesday. So it really is just fingers crossed for us hoping for stars to align and get very lucky!

Room is quite bright so not best photo...

20200712_222308.jpg

@kksy9b his shingles were mainly on his groin and legs and he got them instead of chicken pox and that was the concern.

AFM my son has told everyone he’s seen that mummy has a baby in her belly. I’m CD 9 so that’s a big no but he’s desperate for a baby brother and sister (nothing like another set of twins)

Ladies im so scared. Been getting ewcm all day and my ovulation test is dark. I think im gonna be out again. I think im 100% sure ive had a another chemical.
Im only on CD7 I'm terrified they will be postive tommorow with O on CD9. Thats to early:sad2:
20200712_230316.jpg

So...

I never get visible lines on my OPK strips after LH surge goes away. In fact sometimes lines don’t even show at all after LH surge.

I tried yesterday and something very faint came up. I tried two today and there was progression. I’ve heard that OPK can pick up HCG? If this is true, then maybe I’m in luck?

I will try not to get my hopes up though. But here’s a photo. What do you think? Top one is from yesterday. Other two are today’s progressions.

View attachment 1084362
Every pregnancy I had I could pick up on OPK. But it would make the opk positive. However, since you never see a line, that could be promising!

Ladies im so scared. Been getting ewcm all day and my ovulation test is dark. I think im gonna be out again. I think im 100% sure ive had a another chemical.
Im only on CD7 I'm terrified they will be postive tommorow with O on CD9. Thats to early:sad2:
View attachment 1084374

@Suggerhoney praying it doesn't go positive for you yet :hugs:

@Hevalouaddict your son sounds like a sweetie, funny story though, when my older sister was 6yo she went all around school telling everyone that mum was pregnant with her baby brother, everyone was congratulating mum and she was like I'm not pregnant! But a week later she found out she was indeed pregnant, and in the end she did have her 1st boy, (she already had 4 girls) so maybe it's a good sign for your BFP this month!

AFM temp rose a little this morning, spotting still happening only on wiping, but some tiny clots in it too, darker blood now. Tested on FRER and BFN. :sad2: my guess is either MC or ectopic. Just waiting for the big AF clear out to hit now, hopefully today since it's my day off, working for next 4 days so that will be hard :(

20200713_090731.jpg

@Suggerhoney praying it doesn't go positive for you yet :hugs:

@Hevalouaddict your son sounds like a sweetie, funny story though, when my older sister was 6yo she went all around school telling everyone that mum was pregnant with her baby brother, everyone was congratulating mum and she was like I'm not pregnant! But a week later she found out she was indeed pregnant, and in the end she did have her 1st boy, (she already had 4 girls) so maybe it's a good sign for your BFP this month!

AFM temp rose a little this morning, spotting still happening only on wiping, but some tiny clots in it too, darker blood now. Tested on FRER and BFN. :sad2: my guess is either MC or ectopic. Just waiting for the big AF clear out to hit now, hopefully today since it's my day off, working for next 4 days so that will be hard :(

View attachment 1084376

Big fat hug babe.

Every pregnancy I had I could pick up on OPK. But it would make the opk positive. However, since you never see a line, that could be promising!

I just read that a positive OPK could also be because of a drop in progesterone and an indication that AF is round the corner. :-(:-(](*,)

View attachment 1084374
I really hope your body isn’t trying to O early again. It is so strange how our bodies react to different things. Just also remember that the lines on your opk can fluctuate darker and lighter at any given point in your cycle. So as far as the opk is concerned, I wouldn’t stress over that unless it’s actually positive :hugs: I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your body hangs on until at least cd 13 for O!!

I just read that a positive OPK could also be because of a drop in progesterone and an indication that AF is round the corner. :-(:-(](*,)

I also read that aswell I never for a dark opk just before af tho, what dpo are you? Xx

@Lightning7 oh no I am so sorry :( That is devastating. Sending hugs.

busy day so can’t respond to everyone but I will. I’m a rock star and wasted a FRER at 6dpo because I could’ve sworn I saw a line on a cheapie. Which i ALSO shouldn’t be wasting!

Ugh @Lightning7 i am so sorry. I so feel you this month. What a tough go. Sending hugs. I hope next month is ours!

@Suggerhoney LH can fluctuate so I hope that OPK is just a fluke and O holds off a few more days!! What a rollercoaster.

@MrsKatie haha I am the same with testing like a maniac! I’m promising myself this time I won’t test until 9-10dpo (I started at like 7 last time!). I would ideally like to go until 12 but, we shall see! I’m temping this go around too so I hope that gives me some more incentive not to test until I see a reason to. I’m terrible though. At least only cheapie until 10-11dpo. I wasted a fortune on FRER!

My family and I spent the whole day out at the coast. When we got home I just couldn't help myself and tested! Can't believe I got my BFP!
I'm 12 dpo. I'm cautiously optimistic since my cp last month, but this test is waaay darker. So incredibly thankful!

IMG_20200712_170722_2 (1).jpg

View attachment 1084374

I'm so sorry you're stressed right now. If it helps at all, I had a CP last month and O'd early on cycle day 10 this month (usually it's not until cd 14)....and just got my BFP, so it's still possible! Big hugs and tons of baby dust to you!

Omg @CallieBear that is a thing of true beauty!!! Congratulations!!!

@Alligator ugh right?!? My period is due at 8dpo you’d think I could just wait since even THEN I probably wouldn’t get a BFP yet! I have said they’re like willy wonka chocolate bars, like if you open enough you’ll get a golden ticket. feels like if you pee on enough sticks you’ll find the one with the bfp!

@Suggerhoney I have been blindsided by the level of angst over my potential luteal phase issue, it can truly consume you. Plus this is the first time NTNP/TTC when I feel worry about my age. Last time I’d just turned 36 and rolled my eyes at the “geriatric” nonsense but somehow 38 feels so different. Of course it doesn’t mean anything, your body makes the call, but I just sympathize with that feeling.

@tdog I would just use FMU to test as you feel the need to, otherwise, like you said, things get diluted and you'll drive yourself a bit mad over it!

@Deethehippy I've read that a lot of OPKs recommend testing in the late morning-early evening time frame to get more accurate results. I hope the fluttering tonight worked and you were able to get to baby dancing!

@Kwipeh rising back is good, even if it doesn't make it the whole way at first! My implantation dip with my youngest (wasn't temping with my oldest so no clue there), dropped to barely above cover and held for 2 days before jumping back. Everyone is so different that you just never know. And thank you!! I know that I did what I could do between temping, opks and timing....if we don't get pregnant than we don't and will move to next cycle. We weren't supposed to start until next cycle anyways but kind of in the moment decided to start a little early. So i'm viewing this month as a "bonus" month. We are blessed that it didn't take long with either of our other two so I'm hopeful...but of course...now I'm in my 30s with almost a year of wonky cycles so I don't know what to expect! And I was going to add that using OPKs as HPTs isn't the most reliable. You can have lots of false negatives (not getting anything on the opk when you are pregnant) or false positives. I saw a few places say that the only way to really rely on an OPK for a pregnancy test is if it is a full positive OPK. If it's not positive, then you shouldn't use it. And even then, it can sometimes be a false positive. Best bet is to pick up some HPTs!

@Marriedlaydee Good luck this cycle and I hope you and your partner are able to be on the same schedule long enough to get some good bd'ing in!

@Hevalouaddict interesting!! aww....it's sweet that your oldest is wanting another baby around. I pray you all are able to get some answers and make that dream come true

@Suggerhoney :hugs::hugs::hugs: i hope ovulation holds off for you for a few more days. i can't imagine how hard it is to be going through feeling out before you've even had a shot for the month. Do you have PCOS? I read that sometimes with PCOS you can have small surges that aren't you actually ovulating. It sounds like your cycle is pretty consistent but wanted to ask just in case

@Lightning7 :hugs: i'm so sorry hun. I hope you get a clear direction one way or the other soon so you can move forward either way

@MrsKatie nothing is crazy when you are trying...want to test early, go for it! haha...but i'm a POAS enabler so maybe don't listen to me :haha:

@CallieBear :happydance::happydance::happydance: WOW! that line is DARK for 12DPO! Big massive congratulations!!!!

My family and I spent the whole day out at the coast. When we got home I just couldn't help myself and tested! Can't believe I got my BFP!
I'm 12 dpo. I'm cautiously optimistic since my cp last month, but this test is waaay darker. So incredibly thankful!

View attachment 1084377

Congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"