june could be the month

oops, yes, corrected. I keep doing that, lol. 12DPO.

My temp dipped again today though. Still above the coverline but following the same downward post-ov pattern as a previous month so AF will be here Tuesday.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, here goes next month!

:hugs:

can some1 give me idiot proof instructions on temping and charing?? im curious.. is it easy to do??? xxx

Garden, I'm sorry you got your BFN but there is still a chance. At least you have a wedding coming up soon, how exciting!

Don't get too bummed out if you have a BFN because there is so many other exciting things going on in your life right now. Besides, NTNP gives you and your future-hubby a chance to bond together before your BFP :thumbup:

can some1 give me idiot proof instructions on temping and charing?? im curious.. is it easy to do??? xxx

Have you signed up for a free trial account with www.fertilityfriend.com and taken their charting lesson? I'd start there....

The Basics:
*Purchase a Basal Body Thermometer (not a standard thermometer)
*Keep it by your bedside and as soon as you wake up, before even rolling over, etc. take your temp and make a note of it.
*You must wake up at the same time every day and take your temp at that time consistently. Even 30 minutes will make a difference
* Your temps will fluctuate daily but there will be an overall pattern of lower temps observed before ovulation and higher temps after ovulation.
* Ovulation is said to occur on the day before your rise in temps. Since temps fluctuate daily, you can't pinpoint ovulation until three days of raised temps have passed.
* Fertilityfriend.com will calculate what day you ovulated based on the temps you enter on your chart. You can check mine out with the link below in my signature...

I really love temping and knowing what's going on with my body. I can't imagine not doing it. ...

I agree. I love temping. I get a good idea what's going on and it doesn't freak me out as much when I haven't gotten my AF if I know when or if I Ov. The way it works is that your LH hormone (low progesterone) creates low temps and progesterone (with low LH hormone) which you need for implantation and to care the beginning part of the pregnancy creates higher temperatures.. If you temp stays up above your cover line for 18 days the likely hood of pregnancy is high. (cover line is usually the highest temp in your phase before Ov.) But if your temps are erratic then it could be somewhere in the middle. That's why Fertility friend is good it does the hard work for you all you have to do is enter the information. Temping is good when you use the other signs that go along with it. checking cervix or cm, listening to your body like Ov pain or tender breasts sometimes. etc. Sorry if that's long just trying to give you an idea of how it works to go along with how you do it. :)

does not seem like a bit of a pain not being able to lay in or anything???? is it difficult to do?? xxx

looked at your chart ggardenofedens and nooo idea what it all means lol... xxx

does not seem like a bit of a pain not being able to lay in or anything???? is it difficult to do?? xxx

I used to just wake up take it and go back to sleep :thumbup: I've just started temping again and i take it when my DD wakes up around 6 and then my DH takes her down stairs and i go back to sleep for a couple of hours :)

All you need to do is put the the temp in the box and the chart takes care of itself, there are a few tutorials on the FF website if you get stuck, its easy once you get going :thumbup:

if i dont fallin the next few months i might try,... DH wont want me doing that he prefer the "it will happen when it happens" idea.. which i do too.. but if it takes too long im open for trying diferent ways xxx

That's exactly how my husband is! I do feel that way but like I said before it's more then that for women. And the anticipation is just ridiculous! I take my temp around 7 am. But if I wake up an half an hour late I just add .1 degrees. It's ok if it varies just a little I have always been able to tell. But I definitely notice a difference if a get awoken (say around 5 am) because of my daughter then go back to sleep it does take a toll on my temp for sure. It can be up as much as .5 degrees (which could fake Ov) So usually I will take it at 5 if I get woken up and add the .1 degree per half hour. (so .4 degrees) But I also take my temp again at 7 am to see what the difference is between the two temps. Just for curiosity sake. If you want to learn more look up Natural Family Planning (it's actually for preventing) but it explains how it works.

woah, i have been reading various articles and sites and i cant get my head round it....lol.... does it help with iregular periods??

what cd we all on... im on CD19... xxx

^^ the only reason im charting is because i had long irregular cycle in the past so it helps me to see if any thing is happening or when i might be expecting AF, if you have such a long wait for AF it can drive you mad imo :laugh2: My DH understands the reason for me charting, besides fertility friend doesn't predict you ovulated until AFTER :)

I'm now on CD32 :(

CD 20 (got a smile OPK test today) So hopefully that means I'm actually Ov this month. yay. I say yes it helps with irregular periods. Mostly when to expect AF. after your rise in temp (usually stays high for 14 days) But will very but once you see a drop again almost always you can expect AF in 24 hours. Which has been nice for me. I hate being caught off guard!

This may sound like an odd question but if you use one of those digital ovulation kits, is that similar to temping? I am really bad at waking up on the same time every day but I know that I need to start tracking my ovulation better. Are the digital tracking kits a good option???

I'm on CD28, AF is coming tomorrow. Bummed we didn't get our :bfp: again but on to next month.

My OH is similar - when I told him I wanted to start temping, he was dead-set against it and said he'd rather "let it happen when it happens". He thought it was too clinical, etc. and couldn't wrap his head around the fact that I want to temp for ME. I knew NOTHING about my cycle and hadn't had a period in years thanks to birth control but I remembered them being kind of irregular (usually 29-33 days long). I absolutely love temping and the fact that I know what's going on with my body now.

It's even grown on him and toward the end of my cycle he'll ask if my temp has gone up or down. He doesn't completely understand all of it but knows that upward curve is good and downward curve is bad, lol. :)

And as for not being able to sleep in, I take my temp and go straight back to sleep on the weekends. During the week I have to wake up early for work every day anyway so it doesn't bother me at all. :)

And as for digital ovulation kits, I assume you're talking about the Clear Blue Digis that show a smiley. They're not like temping since you temp every single day of your cycle and it tells you that you've ovulated but only about 4 days after the fact. OPKs are taken around 12-14 days before the start of your next cycle and give you a 12-24 hour forewarning that ovulation is coming. I use both together combined with charting my cervical fluid too.

well thanks for the info...maybe i will look into it a bit more next month if i dont get my BFP this month....xxx

come AF, hurry up!!

AF is due today, my temp has dropped .7 degrees in the past 3 days so I know she's coming but where the heck is she!?!? I've always woken up, gone to the bathroom and boom, she's there. It's currently 1:30pm, I've used the restroom several times to check and still nothing. There was a teensy bit of pink-tinged CM this morning with my FMU (sorry if TMI) but nothing else. I'm 15DPO. Normal LP is 12-14 days. If my temp hadn't been dropping so drastically, I'd think there were a chance for a :bfp: but I don't even want to waste a test to check because of my temps! I know she's almost here, I'm just getting impatient and tired of running to the restroom to check so pls just get here already!!! (unless you decide to stay away for 9 months you silly :witch: bwah ha ha!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->