Kay's Christmas Journal 2019

I've got almost all the food and those extra gifts I ordered have been delivered so I just need to wrap them

By Sunday evening I should (fingers crossed, depending on everything being in stock at asda) be done, I have the last of the food coming and exchanging gifts with the rest of the family all Sunday

Thank you. Anything asda haven't got DH is being sent out Monday and if he can't get them then it's just tough

According to my pre-delivery email the only thing I'm not sure on that's been substituted is one of the cheeses. Ds1 likes the Austrian smoked one that looks like a sausage, but it's been replaced with "asda smoked cheese" so I'm just hoping it's similar enough. Couple of other subs but nothing important, different brand on pretzels, different type of alcohol free wine. I'm pretty happy with that as I wanted some stuffing and bits from their Christmas range that weren't available until this weekend and was worried they wouldn't have them, but they do.
Seeing the in laws today for gift exchange so I will have officially given out all gifts, bought and wrapped all the boys gifts, and bought all the important food. Might pop down the co-op and top up milk and that at some point, but I can relax this evening knowing everything is done

Hopefully the substitute will be OK.
It will be such a relief for you this evening to relax knowing it's all sorted :)

Fingers crossed. If it isn't I might have to swing by asda tomorrow as ds1 barely eats any cheese but does like that and will probably think I did it on purpose haha

Nipped to the co-op and picked up extra milk and a bit more cheese. The smoked cheese from asda was fine for what I wanted but needed more cheddar.
I'm officially done and other than walking the dog no one needs to leave the house again until at least Friday :haha: even made sure I had extra on the gas and electric meters

I've just been informed my secret Santa is arriving between 2 and 4, so after that I'll put the presents family gave us under the tree as the tree is near the door a d they are in the way otherwise

He's not even been yet!
SIL and my grandad gave us money, BIL is bringing presents tomorrow, we already opened the biscuits from my niece, and I opened my secret Santa gift and presents from my nieces mum.
This is from my mum, MIL, and the Christmas Eve Sack!

Screenshot_20191223-163215_Gallery.jpg

There's a bag each for the boys from MIL, and one between me and DH, then the same from my mum, plus the 2 big ones are from my mum, and both of them bought for the pets :haha:

Today I have broken 3 nails, had a toy break whilst taking it out of the packaging, lost and then found several items, discovered Samsung have changed their chargers so the boys only have the tiny 1 meter ones that came with the tablets so I'll have to keep an eye on their charge level, and have a tired and over stimulated ds3.
But, we didn't have to get up at stupid o'clock (ds4 was up at about 3 minutes to 6) everyone seems to love their presents, I'm sitting watching The Snowman and Snowdog while DH and ds2 prepare dinner and set the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->