Kay's Christmas Journal 2019

I've been a bit naughty.
I have an Amazon wishlist for the boys that my mum buys off. When I add things to it I write in the comments who they are for. Ds3 and 4 wanted these Goo Jit Zu things, but ds3 specifically wanted the white and ds4 wanted the red. I noticed that she hasn't bought the red one, and was finished shopping so I bought the red one. We exchanged gifts today and I was sorting them to go under the tree just now and recognised the shape and feel of a Goo Jit Zu in ds4s bag, and not in ds3s. I very carefully peeled open a corner and she has accidentally given the white one to ds4. I know that this will be a big issue between them.... so, I found the red one that was from Santa, switched the tags and put both Goo Jit Zu's in to the right bags, so that's one less from Santa for ds4, but they now both have the right colour one from Nanny and no one but me need ever know.

I've updated my lists to show what things have been wrapped together to make the numbers look more similar.
I've posted parcels, exchanged gifts with everyone but MIL, SIL and BIL.
3 school days left (2.5 for ds1 and 2) and I'm pretty sure I've just got a few food bits to get and a couple of school things to attend and that's it

Well done. I would have done same thing with the gifts...not worth the meltdowns x

Ds2 had a stomach ache and felt sick yesterday morning so I kept him home, knowing this bug had been doing the rounds. He didn't eat much but by evening was feeling fine. He got ready for school this morning then had to dash to the toilet, so that's him home now for the holidays as he's only got a half day tomorrow but it's 48 hours off for an upset stomach.
Ds4 has his church service and play today and then play again tomorrow and I'm taking ds1 to the cinema Thursday so I'm REALLY hoping no one else gets it, and if they do it's timed well. DH has to take MIL for a cataracts removal on Friday too. I need illness to only occur on the weekend and everyone to be fine by this time next week. Is that wishful thinking with so many of us so close to Christmas?

I can't believe I did this. Ds2 never asks for anything, then asked me today for a game and said he knows it's late to ask. I said that if it's out of stock and I can't get it then he did get money from my grandad and he could download it etc. He said it was ok, but I kind of felt bad anyway, so I ended up ordering it. Delivery is between the 21st and 23rd, eek. I also ordered ds1 some more charging cables and this thing that clips on his desk and will hold his phone, and he often has his phone propped up while playing or chatting with his friends and I felt like I should make up his numbers a bit. The charging cables probably seem odd, but he goes through them so quickly then goes around taking them from other rooms then no one can find any.

I'm sure they will love it :)

The charging cables are a good idea!

I'm pretty sure he runs over them with his desk chair and that's why his don't last as long as anyone else's.
I'm looking forward to seeing ds2s face when he opens the game as he now thinks he won't be getting it.

That's the problem with kids who rarely ask for anything, when they do ask you just can't say no :haha:

Ds1 just said to me "I know it's a bit late to ask," and I thought it no, what now? Then he said "but can you get those flavoured hot chocolates again?" So I gave it the whole "well I'll try but it is only a week until Christmas and I had finished shopping" little does he know that I had already bought some :haha:

Aww bless him. At least you had already got them!

It was one if the first things I got when I was really stuck. They are different ones from last year but I'm sure that won't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->