Kay's Christmas Journal 2019

They are by Tom Fletcher (of McFly) and all his books are awesome so far.

I was never a fan of his music so I didn't realise at first either. But some of the books he makes up songs for and they are quite good.

Just a prewarning, the Roblox sets on ebay are counterfeit imported items, they don't come with redemption codes which official ones have.

On thanks for the heads up. I've not had the actual money to buy any yet (used Amazon vouchers for today's purchases)

Mil has said instead of buying DH and I presents this year she would like to contribute towards our Christmas food. It would certainly be more helpful than socks and talc (not to sound ungrateful. You can't have enough socks in my opinion) DH takes her shopping every Thursday so each week she'll just pick up one or two bits to go towards either our meal or treats. I best clear out my Christmas food cupboard and a draw in the freezer ready :haha:
I've not really saved anything this year and have been a bit worried as DH worked has stopped for winter earlier than expected too so this has eased the weight a little.

Do you reckon that it matters if you donate smart price items to food banks? I really feel like this year I need to do a reverse advent calendar but obviously money is extremely tight as I mentioned above. I thinking it's one of those "thought that counts, grateful for anything" occasions, but I don't know.

That's a lovely idea. My Nan often sends us a box of treats like celebrations, crackers, Pringles etc. Such a nice thought.

Smart price items are more than thoughtful I think, Aldi is quite cheap too.

DH complained I sent DD to harvest with a tin of Weight Watchers soup...but it was in the cupboard and we don't use it :-k

Ds4 school have decided that each class have a colour and they have to bring something that colour. Ds4s class had orange. It was pretty much a pile of oranges :haha: it certainly makes rooting at the back of the cupboard more difficult.

I forgot about aldi, good thinking.

We love food here. We always get munchie bags for BIL and SIL and BIL gets them back for all 6 of us. The kids get ridiculously excited over a bag of sweets and fizzy drinks instead of a toy

I bought ds2 some new football boots, chances are he'll need them before hand if it stays this wet though.

Just a prewarning, the Roblox sets on ebay are counterfeit imported items, they don't come with redemption codes which official ones have.

I never realised! I still buy them for the kids though, they are cheaper and they don't know the difference:haha:

Probably, the way this weather has been! :rain:

Hoping he can last in his firm ground studs, lots of the places he has matches at have 3G pitches and ask that they wear astro trainers. He so hard to buy for, he never knows what he wants himself, and I haven't got a great deal of money this year.

Fingers crossed :)
I'm struggling with what to buy this year too.

His interests are basically the sports he does. He does play on the Xbox but not the way ds1 does, he's happy to have an hour a couple of times a week and then leave it. He said he might want the new wwe game but isn't sure yet so is waiting to see YouTube videos and reviews of it. There's only so many football kits and karate mugs you can buy. He likes cooking but gets very little time for it. When you ask what he wants he never knows, he'll usually request food, we've had years when he just said "a toblerone and some nuts." It's great not having him demand expensive things but so hard when you've got nothing to go on. And he's so grateful for everything, which is amazing, but I never know if he's actually grateful or not. Like last weekend was his birthday and I forgot to get anything to make a special cake. I had basics in but that was it. I said to him I could do a Victoria sponge or lemon drizzle or that I didn't mind running out to buy other things and he was just like "no, I'll have a Victoria sponge" then when I made it it looked really pathetic and I showed him and was like "I will go to the co-op and buy something, we can still eat this but I'll get you something nicer for your actual birthday cake" and he said that it looked delicious and that's the one he wanted. He genuinely gets more excited about the Christmas music and dinner etc than he does about the presents.

Today I got BIL and SIL their birthday snack bags, and while in Home Bargains I noticed that they had these little flavoured hot chocolate sets so I picked one up for DS1. He goes hot chocolate mad in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->