Labor Watch thread

Went for an NST just now and having more contractions.
Dr checked and I'm at 3cm now.
She offered to rupture my water as baby isn't engaged but I declined and I just hope baby will engage with these contraction I'm having. They are about 2-3 minutes apart lasting 30 seconds.

I hope you have a baby verrrry soon! Yay!

I haven’t had any internals, so I have no idea if I’m dilated or not. My midwife doesn’t routinely do them. I want to know, but I don’t at the same time! I’ll be sad if I’m not progressing at all.

Here’s to hoping something will start soon for all of us that are left... :flower:

Baby boy born March 11th 6:37pm. Successful vbac with no pain meds. I arrived at hospital at 6:15pm fully dilated ready to push!

Congrats wantingagirl and want2beamom!!! want2be, I can't believe how quickly you went!

Sevenofnine, at my 39 week appt with dd2 I had like no progress from 2 weeks before at barely a fingertip dilated at about 3 in the afternoon, went into labor around 2 am the next day so it really doesn't mean much. While I am hoping I get checked at my appt today, I'm totally expecting to hear no change still. So frustrating!

Congrats wantingagirl and want2beamom!!! want2be, I can't believe how quickly you went!

Sevenofnine, at my 39 week appt with dd2 I had like no progress from 2 weeks before at barely a fingertip dilated at about 3 in the afternoon, went into labor around 2 am the next day so it really doesn't mean much. While I am hoping I get checked at my appt today, I'm totally expecting to hear no change still. So frustrating!

It’s good to keep being reminded that progress beforehand doesn’t mean everything :haha: Otherwise I might go crazy!

I keep expecting there to be signs that labor will come soon, but it seems a lot of women start without very many signs at all!

I'd say I didn't have very many early signs.
At 39 weeks I was still closed, posterior and long.
At 40 weeks I was 1cm, posterior and long.
I'd say labour started at 40+3...and 24 hours later he's here.
No real signs of labour before that...

My baby was born yesterday morning (march 12th). At 11:40am.
My water broke at 5:30am and contractions (mild ones, wouldnt even call them active labor) started shortly after. We got to the hospital around 10:15am. I was 6cm dilated. Baby was born at 11:40am, no meds but literally seconds from being knocked out and CS. We almost lost him. Very scary. His first apgar was only a 1. It all happened so fast. Hubby didnt get to cut the cord or hold him. Baby boy def had an angel watching over him. We ended up changing his name to Noah Scott-Alan. He weighed 7lbs 8oz and was 20 inches long. I was 40+5.

And i cant remember if i posted here the day prior but on sundayni had bloody show. It started out more like mucous plug w a streak or two of blood and as the day prgressed it turned into a little more bloody show type than mucous.

Hope this helps all those labor spotting.
Congrats to the new babies. ��

Congrats ladies!

Yay Guppy so glad he finally came. Sounds very scary! Im so happy everything turned out ok and hope u r both doing well.

Congrats guppy! What a scary experience but glad to hear you are both ok now! Enjoy your baby snuggles :)

Had an ob appt yesterday, 1 cm dilated :cry: dr did a sweep, came home and got on the yoga ball, walked a bunch and even busted out the breast pump. I didn't get a single contraction from any of it. Had maybe 5 all of yesterday evening, obviously not regular. Really feeling upset and defeated as this is officially the most pregnant I've ever been and I'm getting no signs of any sort that something could be soon. I didn't even get spotting from the sweep! Further making me feel that nothing is even close. Sorry all, really tired of being pregnant and feeling sorry for myself

Had an ob appt yesterday, 1 cm dilated :cry: dr did a sweep, came home and got on the yoga ball, walked a bunch and even busted out the breast pump. I didn't get a single contraction from any of it. Had maybe 5 all of yesterday evening, obviously not regular. Really feeling upset and defeated as this is officially the most pregnant I've ever been and I'm getting no signs of any sort that something could be soon. I didn't even get spotting from the sweep! Further making me feel that nothing is even close. Sorry all, really tired of being pregnant and feeling sorry for myself

Uhg I’m sorry you’re not seeing more progress! I don’t get any contractions from anything, even the breast pump. Quite annoying!!

I’m feeling so done, and have no end in sight yet. Feeling pretty pathetic today. I’ll probably be the last one here. :cry:

Uhg I’m sorry you’re not seeing more progress! I don’t get any contractions from anything, even the breast pump. Quite annoying!!

I’m feeling so done, and have no end in sight yet. Feeling pretty pathetic today. I’ll probably be the last one here. :cry:
Yes I feel the same! We can comiserate together I guess!

Had a little bit of mucous twinged with brown and pink the last 2 times I went to the bathroom...not sure if it's from the sweep or something happening. No contractions and it's not much if its plug.

Oh Guppy big hugs!!
That must have been terrifying. I'm so glad was ok in the end!

Congratulations to you and your family <3

Thinking of you Twinkie and Sevenofnine! Patience is easier said than done :(

A loose 1 today at my appt...she said it’s like an easy 2 on outside but still 1 on inside. Very thin and anterior and soft..baby head def down there...go back next Friday on due date for US if she’s not here by then and to schedule induction

Gonna try everything to get her out now

Yes I feel the same! We can comiserate together I guess!

Yes we can! Hope everything picks up very soon... or I might go insane...

Had a little bit of mucous twinged with brown and pink the last 2 times I went to the bathroom...not sure if it's from the sweep or something happening. No contractions and it's not much if its plug.

Brown and pink spotting has to mean something is happening!!! I hope contractions start for you! I’m having tons of BH today, but that’s it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->