Ladies TTC August/September 2013

awwww!! it's so sweet that your hubby is so excited though!! I'm having a really hard time figuring DH out. I know he wants kids, and obviously he's ready as we are BD with no protection, but we don't really talk about that ACT of TTC. Like, I haven't said "wonder if i'm pregnant" or "i'm worried I might be pregnant at my marathon".. It's kind of sad to me. I don't know why I feel like I can't say anything. He just had those couple freak outs when we were WTT and i'm afraid if we talk about it too much, he'll freak out again. Maybe he doesn't bring it up because I dont? I dont' know.

When my first period comes (or doesn't Fx!!!) i'll see how he acts..

When my first period comes (or doesn't Fx!!!) i'll see how he acts..

THIS was how I found out he was ready. Last summer we had an oops (our first real oops in ten years of dating - pretty good actually! lol). And then my period was 8 days late! When AF finally arrived I was sad, but was hiding it from him since I didn't think he would be sad - I thought he'd be over joyed. The 8 days we waited for AF to arrive he was up/down/sideways about me being pregnant. One second it was like, "wow, you're so pregnant!! :D" then it was, "oh shit, you're really pregnant, aren't you!?". :shrug:

But once AF actually arrived I mumbled that I was a little sad since I had really psyched myself out that I actually was pregnant.....and he sat down and looked at me and with the saddest eyes asked me if I was sure I wasn't pregnant. I told him I'm positive and he stood up, walked around a bit, hugged me and said he was actually sad and that scared him. It was the "wrong" time for us to get pregnant, but we would have been happy if I was.

Fast forward to our honeymoon/after honeymoon - when AF arrived I was crushed! I knew it was such a smallllll possibility that I could get pregnant, but still I held out hope. He was pretty disappointed too. But see, the whole time during the TWW, he acts funny. Anxious, excited, nervous, upset/pissed...everything. But both times AF came he's sad.

Didn't mean to make this a novel - but I think some men are so torn because they're just scared. And I know better than to go around talking about babies 24/7 or bugging him to BD because timing is right. He's a smart cookie, he knows what's up. lol :winkwink:

Awe.. you are so right!! This is why I don't say anything. I haven't said the word pregnant, baby, or anything TTC related since way before the wedding. LOL

Men are such scaredy-cats! Its not like the baby comes out of their tiny area! :rofl:

LOL!!! RIGHT!!!! He's admitted several times that he can't wait for kids, but he's scared of the change, and the responsibility, and the cost. I worry about that too, but i'm 27 years old. I'm not getting younger. Men don't have that URGE for babies like we do. I know he'll be happy as can be when he finds out i'm PG, but until then, I think he'll always be a little nervous at the thought of it all.

Well I'm out for this cycle so on to my third and hopefully lucky one, think we'll try smep and see how that goes :)

Aww, sorry Buttercup!! :(

Lot's of :dust: for the next cycle!!

buttercup - sorry about af but crossing my fingers for you for next cycle.

mara and canthrdlywait - you too are really getting into baby making mood. i am really excited for your bfp this cycle.

canthrdlywait - when hubby and i tried for baby 1 i even put in my phone a reminder not to talk about babies. haha i just felt it was too much for him.

i don't remember all that you two wrote...but in regards to making it a fun surprise etc when telling your hubbies, i can share my experience with our dd. i really didn't say a whole lot prior to testing day but when it was time to test i always asked oh to come in the bathroom so that we could take a look at the result together. i must say since the baby is yours and your hubby's it makes sees that they find out first before anyone else. ) but i guess it is up to everyone to do what works for them best.

nothing new to report. waitinf for ovulation day. untile then we are bedding as much as we can.

Hi ladies,

Tested this morning and got two faint lines, tested this evening and got a darker one. All on different brands. I'm pretty sure this is the start of my bfp - best birthday present ever!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=181673

Sorry to hear the witch got you buttercup, sending you lots of baby dust for your next cycle :)

Congrats on your bfp Rozzer! xx

Woke up in the middle of the night drenched is sweat. I'm 4dpo today. Not sure if it could mean anything as the house is pretty much the same temp as it always is!

rozzer - that is amazing. congratulations. tell us what worked for you? :)

4DPO and I just got very nauseous at work!! I have a serious vomit phobia, so it's freaking me out a bit (don't ask how i'll deal with MS, because I don't know!!). I'm drinking some warm decaf tea right now, but i'm wondering what's going on. I don't get nauseous very often.. I can't wait to go home and eat lunch. It almost feels like hunger.. like I need to eat.. 10 more minutes!!

Hi ladies,

Tested this morning and got two faint lines, tested this evening and got a darker one. All on different brands. I'm pretty sure this is the start of my bfp - best birthday present ever!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=181673

Heck yeah that's the start of your BFP!!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

4DPO and I just got very nauseous at work!! I have a serious vomit phobia, so it's freaking me out a bit (don't ask how i'll deal with MS, because I don't know!!). I'm drinking some warm decaf tea right now, but i'm wondering what's going on. I don't get nauseous very often.. I can't wait to go home and eat lunch. It almost feels like hunger.. like I need to eat.. 10 more minutes!!

Back to symptom spotting are we?? :winkwink:

I agree though, it could be the start of something since you don't normally get nausea. Fx!!

I despise the nauseous feeling (i.e. car sickness, sea sickness, food poisoning). Ugh, I hope none of us get MS!!

LOL mara- I'll ALWAYS be SS. As much as I want to ignore it, I can't help it. But I really am feeling ill this morning. I just ate lunch and I feel better for now!

Iv been feeling ill the last two days, been in bed most of the day. Have a headache, sore throat, dizzy and feeling slightly sick. Had more diarrhea today (sorry tmi) hoping this is the start of something.. Im getting excited for all of us :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->