Ladies TTC August/September 2013

Wow so much has happened with all you ladies since I last visited. Congrats to everyone who has gotten BFPs!!!

I kind of stopped reading because I was frustrated with feeling like I was doing everything right, temping, OPKs, preseed, BDing at the right time and seeing that BFN at the end of the month. So hubby and I just went with it. I stopped temping, I stopped doing OPKs but we did continue to use preseed and BD :)

Then this morning I realized I was somewhere around 4-6 days late. Again I stopped temp charting so I am not exactly sure but it has stayed pretty consistent, starting around the beginning of the month. So I decided to take a test this morning. I walked out of the bathroom to turn on the news, feed the animals and fill the water bowl. I walk back in and see the first cheapie test attached below. I looked into the mirror and laughed. I couldn't believe it. I thought all day about telling my hubby and went back and forth when I got home I couldn't help myself, I had to test more. So I tested twice which is the FRER and EPT you see attached. When I saw the word pregnant I knew I couldn't contain myself and asked Matt (my hubby) to come look. I was practically jumping with joy at this point and he is like what is going on. He comes in and sees and looks at me with what I can only only describe as shock and contentment all at once. He threw his arms around me and I started crying. He pulled back, kissed me and said "We are going to be parents." One of the single greatest moments of my life right there. I still can't really believe it but I am pregnant. So many emotions right now. I figure I am probably 3ish weeks from conception. So nervous about getting through this first trimester. When your best friend has had 8 losses all very very early, it definitely puts that reality right in front of you. But at the same time we are already talking due dates (beginning of October I believe), boy or girl and starting sentences with "When the baby gets here...." I want to run and tell everyone I know but we have decided to only tell my best friend and her husband(because of her history of losses and sensitivity to the subject in general plus she knows a lot about these things and we need someone to blab to) at least until March. My dad turns 50 and I would love to give him a Happy Birthday Grandpa card :)

Sorry for the rambling but I needed to spill somewhere, keeping my mouth shut will be very difficult I can see already......Challenge accepted. :happydance:

Attachments

• 0204140711.jpg
    0204140711.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 0204141816.jpg
    0204141816.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0204141817.jpg
    0204141817.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 0
Yay!!! :) A Big Congratulations Jen!! That's a great looking :bfp: :) So so happy for you! A happy and healthy pregnancy for you hun. Keep us updated and take care. Xxxxx such happy news :)

jen!!!! Congrats!! this is awesome news!! The first tri was so hard for me because we weren't telling anyone.. once we were able to tell everyone time has gone so much faster!!

Thanks Strawberry and CantHardlyWait!! Still kind of in shock and excited. No real symptoms yet. Some general stomach pain and feel a little bloated. Slightly constipated. No MS or anything though.

CantHardlyWait-You must be so excited for gender scan!! Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

How is everyone else doing?

I'm really hoping for a girl, but i'll be thrilled with either!!! DH thinks it will be a boy!

yaaaay jen how fun. congrats lady. sooo happy for you. how are you feeling?

how are you all doing?

canthardly wait how cool with gender scan, cant wait for mine. :)

stawberry how is your ms? any better? i am sooo getting worse everyday.

Congrats Jen!! :happydance:

I had my first scan on Tuesday and i'm happy to say all is great! We saw the hb and baby wiggling around and he/she is measuring exactly to my estimated date :cloud9:
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee382/lizzybearface/efc9905c-185e-40cd-94c2-2fd7fa7445d7_zpsd7ed7274.jpg
I'm feeling OK symptoms wise, tired and very up and down with my moods but very little nausea. I'm more hungry if anything! :blush: It'll be interesting to find out the gender as this pregnancy is so different to DD's :)
Sorry you're feeling so rough Bella, hope it eases for you soon :hugs:
Canthardlywait, enjoy your scan tomorrow! :flower:

yaaaay jen how fun. congrats lady. sooo happy for you. how are you feeling?

how are you all doing?

canthardly wait how cool with gender scan, cant wait for mine. :)

stawberry how is your ms? any better? i am sooo getting worse everyday.

No real symptoms yet. Some slight cramping (from implantation I assume), a little bit more tired than usual, but I feel like my appetite is already starting to grow eek. Goal is to not gain too much during this pregnancy as I am already overweight.

I'm really hoping for a girl, but i'll be thrilled with either!!! DH thinks it will be a boy!

That's so exciting that you are having a girl! Hubby is already asking when the gender scan will be lol. We had talked about letting it be a suprise but he is very set on finding out so we will probably try to make it fun in some way. But the next baby, I get my suprise :)

Still kind of in shock, went to family dr this morning to confirm pregnancy and sure enough, 4-6 weeks along. Kind of hard to tell because not sure of the exact date of my last period. going to look around at Obgyns this weekend and call to set up first appt on Monday.....eek!! So excited! :happydance:

Congratulations canthrdlywait yipee a little girlie :)

And HUGE congratulations Jenn delighted for you both H&H 9 months x

Its really exciting seeing all you girls get to your big scan really wish 12 weeks would get here for me as that is our first scan on NHS we don't get early ones unless there is any medical reason for them.

I am just coming up for 5 weeks and fingers crossed I am feeling ok with my last pregnancy I would have been in hospital by now with my hyperemesis so each day is a blessing.

I visited my GP to discuss hyperemesis and also made my booking appointment for first midwife meeting on the 19th Feb.

I am stressing a bit as I work with pre-school children and we think one was showing signs of slap cheek, called my midwife and explaind but she didnt seem too worried basically saying if I am not sure if I have had it then I could request bloods to check my immunity to it and if I feel any symptoms then contact GP. When I read up it seems to be quite serious in early pregnancy. I called GP for bloods and have to wait till Tuesday at earliest!! fingers crossed is just a virus and not slap cheek I suppose worst is kinda of passed as I think children are infections before the red cheeks, rash.

How are you Bella you finding anything that is helping?? I am on folate instead of folic acid and milk thistle also got thorne B complex but stopped that for the minute. We don't get this in the UK but alot of ladies on Hyperemesis FB page from U.S. take unisom (not gel tabs) and a B6 vitamin at night and has helped but you would maybe want to check with DR. I have ordered some off amazon and had them sent to UK also got stock of lucozade sport (not fizzy) and lillipops. Since I found out I have been trying to drink plenty and in between drinking lucozade and taking to my bed also. If I can think of anything else will pop it up. x

Hg, glad you're feeling ok so far really hope it continues for you :)
Congrats on team pink canthardly!!

Yay that you got your little girl Can'thardlywait :) Congratulations! So exciting. Xxx

buttercup - aww nice scan. we are booked for our first scan on the 21st.

cantharlywait - yahhhhhooo on the pink result. congrats on getting your girl. they are a lot of fun. i guess you will be shopping soon then ehe?!

stawberry - how are you lady? are you feeling ok with ms and all?

hgsurvivor - thank you for all the tips. good thing that you are doing well so far. i read somewhere that second pregnancies tend to be better for when it comes to hg. i have been feeling sick since around week 6 then this thursday i started to feel worse and friday i couldn't smell anything. i feel so bad for my daughter. i can't even take my vitamins so pills are out of the question. i spoke to the nurse today and she wanted me put on iv at the hospital. i just want to see how the next couple of days go before i do that though.

jen - have you told friends and fam about your news or keeping it quite until wk 12?

alright ladies take care until next time.

bella- we are waiting to tell people until week 12 and finding it quite difficult. I am going to tell my best friend but haven't had a chance to see her face to face. My hubby told one of his good friends that he doesn't see too often and told his boss lol.
The funny thing is my husband accepted a full time position at the company he has been working for a day after we found out so we saw some friends yesterday and they were congratulating him. He whispered in my ear "If they only knew..." And I was like stop you are making it that much harder. I am calling the ob today to set up my first appt eek. Very nervous! Still feeling alright. Have had some twinge like pains in my lower abdomen and hip and slight cramping but no bleeding. According to dr this is normal. Did any of you ladies experience hip pain or random stomach pains this early?

Jen- cramping and such is completely normal. I cramped pretty regularly until week 8. I kept thinking AF was coming any time, but she never showed. It's just your uterus getting adjusted and stretching a bit.

Thanks for the reassurance CantHardlyWait! I have had pretty consistent cramping and just makes me worry. Hopefully by the beginning of March this has passed. I set up my first appt with the OB this morning. At the office I am going to they do the first appt as an informational appt with nurse and then your next appt is with the dr. So my first appt with nurse is first week of March then two weeks later will be first scan hopefully!! So HGSurvivor I know what you mean about waiting till week 12 because by my guess that is where I will be too at first scan.

So anxious for the weeks to come, praying our little bambino (first official nickname lol) is sticky and healthy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->