Ladies who will TTC in December are welcome to my thread

Hopefully it's an implantation dip despite your weird sleep.

Your doctor is right, Galyna, get ready to need a nap every afternoon.

I'm working on scaling back my coffee consumption. Not easy with a toddler! I don't drink tons of coffee but I usually have 3 or 4 cups a day.
how will i take a nap at work, my friend?:flower:

how do you feel today?

I'm lucky, I don't really have any major vices to give up. I don't drink or eat much caffeine. I don't drink alcohol, smoke or do any drugs. My diet isn't great but not terrible.

If I ever get pregnant I will have n all natural pregnancy and delivery if at all possible.

I'm lucky, I don't really have any major vices to give up. I don't drink or eat much caffeine. I don't drink alcohol, smoke or do any drugs. My diet isn't great but not terrible.

If I ever get pregnant I will have n all natural pregnancy and delivery if at all possible.

Wait till you get to that pain, everybody wants natural, then when pain comes they change their mind because it is unbearable. Lots of women say this, right Mrs.K?

lol, Galyna, I will be home birthing so an epidural isn't an option for me lol

lol I do know that I will do everything I can to avoid a hospital. I have a good Midwife I know. I know all about childbirth and such.

lol I do know that I will do everything I can to avoid a hospital. I have a good Midwife I know. I know all about childbirth and such.

it is with Ideal conditions of your pregnancy. so....

I had an epidural with my birth and it punctured my spinal fluid causing the most unbearable headaches for the first two weeks after birth, it also didn't work because it went wrong. So I don't recommend it unless it's really needed. I was told there is only a 1 in 200 chance of that happening, but it happened to my sister as well and she is the only other person I personally know to have had one!

Galyna, birth has been turned into a disease instead of a natural state of being. Most all pregnancies can be delivered naturally and at home, Only about 2% of births actually require assistance in anyway.

Galyna, birth has been turned into a disease instead of a natural state of being. Most all pregnancies can be delivered naturally and at home, Only about 2% of births actually require assistance in anyway.

yes, i agree, what i was trying to tell you is that we can never know 100%, we can only plan.:thumbup:

I had an epidural with my birth and it punctured my spinal fluid causing the most unbearable headaches for the first two weeks after birth, it also didn't work because it went wrong. So I don't recommend it unless it's really needed. I was told there is only a 1 in 200 chance of that happening, but it happened to my sister as well and she is the only other person I personally know to have had one!

yes, i have heard the stories like this, it depends on the doctor though. IT is sad that some of them are done incorrectly.

I had a similar thing, because i had a herniated disk, they did blockade on me when sticking a long needle in my spine when i was 20.

Yes, Galyna, no one can for sure know what will happen, but I take that 98% good chance and will stay home and birth. I know my body. I know all about child birth and 98% likely everything will be fine :)

Galyna, sleep under your desk ;) Or after work.

I think I would have been ok with just the pain, if my labor hadn't been so long. I went into active labor in the evening, so I'd already been up for 12 hours, then I was in active labor for about 26 hours. I got to the hospital at 10pm, then got the epidural about 12 hours later. If I hadn't been so tired I would have gone med free, but I needed to recover my strength or I really suspect I'd have ended up with a c section (especially since my water broke at the start of labor). Hopefully my next labor will be shorter and I can go med free. The pain relief was great but I didn't like being stuck in a bed and I hated the IV. Without the epidural my midwives are very much in favor of moving around, eating, changing positions, whatever you need, but they're limited once the epidural is in. A lot of women will tell you it's the only way to go, but I think it's best to just educate yourself on all the risks and benefits and see how your labor is going. You just never know.

Very well spoken Mrs K. I hope you get the shorter Med free birth you want!

It's all very well to have the knowledge and the plan etc but there are many many factors beyond your control. By all means have an idea of what would be an ideal labour and birth for you, but it is just that because you have no idea how you will feel or how baby will cope until you're in that situation. I don't mean to sound negative and I'm completely for natural/homebirths I managed ok without an epidural (needle phobia also kept me stubborn) but don't be so rigid. In my experience working in the field, the dead set, planned to a letter adamant I will have this or that were the ones that didn't manage it, because they were so worried about not sticking to the plan that they couldn't relax etc and the situation would snowball. The ones that were successful were the ones who went in with an open mind, were flexible about what was happening and ultimately relaxed more. Staying calm is key, but that should include whatever you need to do at the time.

FX I know your words are trying to help and be supportive, but shall have what I shall have and that is that. If the worst happens it happens and another route will be taken, but that is not my plan nor what shall happen most likely.

I do not plan to have a medical pregnancy or birth and that is that. If it is not meant to be it will not be, but I do not let fear dominate my life, nor doctors bully me into things.

I wish you all to have your pregnancy and birth the way you choose. If you don't like my choices too bad.

That's all I'm trying to say, what will be will be. None of us really want a very intense medical experience, I'm just really glad to hear you say that what is meant to be will be. I do mean it genuinely from a supportive place! I'm sure you will the have the experience you're hoping for, but what I'm trying to say is aim for all that but be aware there's a chance it may not work out that way. Then you avoid the pressure and the disappointment if it doesn't. It has nothing to do with not liking your choices! Whatever anyone chooses is fine with me, we just don't always get what we want. I also agree with not letting medical professionals bully you into anything. After 2 hours of pushing with a baby whose arm was stuck by his face a midwife gave me all the injections of local anesthetic because she was going to do an episiotomy (her words were a small cut) I was having none of and I said while being backed by my partner that in no uncertain terms was she to cut me. She obeyed my wishes and I didn't ever tear a tiny bit, so they don't always know best.

You're preaching to the converted so don't take it the wrong way.

Good to hear FX. Yes, I know things do happen. I'm glad you stood your ground. I have a very supportive group of home birthers I consult with often. I have a very knowledgeable midwife in my corner and I have researched pretty much everything about pregnancy and birth.

I generally support everyone's choices and I'm sorry if I snapped at you. I often have people who tell me I'm crazy, psycho or going to die if I don't get 20 ultrasounds and go plan to birth at home. I can be a bit touchy about the subject in non home birth groups.

I fully support women to have the pregnancy and birth they choose. Whether that is 20 ultrasound visits, getting blood drawn ever few weeks and listening to every last word of their doctors or women who do the total opposite and go all natural as our foremothers did.

No worries, just don't want you to think I'm attacking you! I'm glad you have a lot of support, and a pro homebirth midwife, it can make a big difference. I personally would love a homebirth but I think if it really came down to it, I would chicken out, ha ha! I will stay home as long as possible in labour next time (if I get pregnant again) but will probably go to a birth Centre. I know dh is not comfortable being at home and this would play on my mind. Also I had a velementous cord insertion with ds which wasn't found until the 3rd stage, it could have been very dangerous for us both so I'm a bit worried of having the same thing next time. It doesn't seem to be something they look for or detect early.

Sorry you had the cord condition. Yes that is one thing that can make home birth more risky is something like that, but it is pretty rare and not genetic- more just random chance. So your odds of it happening again are low.
But yes, if it would stress your guy out too much that could throw the whole vibe out for the relaxed birth.
You're best bet is doing what will make you both the most relaxed.
My guy is very supportive of my decision and knows I research everything 10x over. He would stress just as much or more at a center or hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->