• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladies who will TTC in December are welcome to my thread

Well i actually woke up cause my stomach was super upset not sure what caused that but i was able to get back to sleep and luckily my son kinda slept in so he helped me out

so ladies, i read that i can not eat deli mean like turkey and chicken, do you eat these?

Well lunch meats have garbage in in them which are not good for you. There are a few more natural brands that are ok, but yes your should limit it for sure.

Well lunch meats have garbage in in them which are not good for you. There are a few more natural brands that are ok, but yes your should limit it for sure.

i just want a turkey wrap....

The main risk is listeria, which can be dangerous when you're pregnant. Realistically, I hear about a lot more cases of listeria in produce and ice cream, and nobody tells pregnant women to avoid spinach. Only you can decide what risks are serious for you, but I don't avoid lunch meats as long as they're from a reputable source. If you're concerned, you can heat the turkey before you make the wrap, but I know that's not really the same flavor.

I'm a little bit nauseous this morning. Not bad, I'm just stealing Teddy's crackers. This pregnancy really seems different from the first one so far.

Sorry the nausea is getting to you Mrs. K, hopefully your body will adjust to the HCG soon and it will pass quickly.

Yes, Lysteria is a minor risk- I was more referring to things like this:
BHT, BHA, & Tocopherols – antioxidants that help maintain the appeal and wholesome qualities of food by ******ing rancidity in fats, sausages, and dried meats, as well as helping to protect some of the natural nutrients in foods, such as vitamin A.
Citric Acid – widely distributed in nature in both plants and animals. It can be used as an additive to protect the fresh color of meat cuts during storage. Citric acid also helps protect flavor and increases the effectiveness of antioxidants.
Corn Syrup – sugar that is derived from the hydrolysis of corn starch. Uses include flavoring agent and sweetener in meat and poultry products.
Gelatin – thickener from collagen which is derived from the skin, tendons, ligaments, or bones of livestock. It may be used in canned hams or jellied meat products.
Modified Food Starch– starch that has been chemically altered to improve its thickening properties. Before the starch is modified, it is separated from the protein through isolation techniques; therefore, the source of the starch used is not required on the label.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) – MSG is a flavor enhancer. It comes from a common amino acid, glutamic acid, and must be declared as monosodium glutamate on meat and poultry labels.
Sodium Nitrite – used alone or in conjunction with sodium nitrate as a color fixative in cured meat and poultry products (bologna, hot dogs, bacon). Helps prevent growth of Clostridium botulinum, which can cause botulism in humans.

The main risk is listeria, which can be dangerous when you're pregnant. Realistically, I hear about a lot more cases of listeria in produce and ice cream, and nobody tells pregnant women to avoid spinach. Only you can decide what risks are serious for you, but I don't avoid lunch meats as long as they're from a reputable source. If you're concerned, you can heat the turkey before you make the wrap, but I know that's not really the same flavor.

really avoid spinach? why? because of this bacteria?

It's not to be avoided. It's not likely you will catch it but just know about the risk in all of it. For instance they say don't drink or eat unpasteurized dairy and I certainly will be as I buy raw milk and will be getting goats or dairy sheep in the next few months if possible to have my own raw dairy at home.

It's not to be avoided. It's not likely you will catch it but just know about the risk in all of it. For instance they say don't drink or eat unpasteurized dairy and I certainly will be as I buy raw milk and will be getting goats or dairy sheep in the next few months if possible to have my own raw dairy at home.

yeah, i am checking the labels all the time for unpasteurized dairy. I am not eating this. Well, even when we wash lettuce it still can have bacteria, not sure how i should protect myself and the baby?

I'm definitely not saying to avoid spinach, it's so good for you. I'm just thinking a lot of the warnings are overblown.

It's true lunch meat isn't the healthiest food, but it doesn't worry me in moderation. My brother is a butcher so we know pretty much exactly what most of our meat has been through. He recommends I skip the fermented sausages during pregnancy but I have zero concerns about his roast beef and so on.

Yep, that is how I feel- have what you like mostly, just know the risks and know the ingredients. :)

Hey girls! new to this! But I'm excited to see what people have to say and get to learn a little more!!
So let me start with how me and my fiance are ttc . He has a daughter from previous relationship. She is now 5. Any who..we had unprotected sex (he finished in me) on Dec 14 and I got af on Dec 15 2016. It lasted 6 days until 20th. 27 and the 29th we had more unptctd sex(same ending). I'm not sure when I ovulate or how long my lp is or how long my cycle is. I am irregular as to where I had a 20 day period once or twice! (Spotted on and off) an app on my cell says I ovulated on Jan 1 2017. On Jan 7 I noticed some creamy light pinkish beige cm on underwear. Not even a lot at all. I've heard of IB and possibly it can be! I wasn't sure as to where I took a rephresh pill. (Felt like I had something going on down there, either uti,or bv) I stopped taking them since the spotting incase was caused from pill. On Jan 9 and today the 11th I've taken about 2 test prep strips that I've ordered from Amazon and both came back negative. I always get hyped every month thinking I've gotten that special spermie to meet my egg without us trying, Im hoping since we dtd somewhat around ovulation time that this month it worked!

I'm definitely not saying to avoid spinach, it's so good for you. I'm just thinking a lot of the warnings are overblown.

It's true lunch meat isn't the healthiest food, but it doesn't worry me in moderation. My brother is a butcher so we know pretty much exactly what most of our meat has been through. He recommends I skip the fermented sausages during pregnancy but I have zero concerns about his roast beef and so on.
MsK, wheh was your last period? on the 28th? of Nov

Hey girls! new to this! But I'm excited to see what people have to say and get to learn a little more!!
So let me start with how me and my fiance are ttc . He has a daughter from previous relationship. She is now 5. Any who..we had unprotected sex (he finished in me) on Dec 14 and I got af on Dec 15 2016. It lasted 6 days until 20th. 27 and the 29th we had more unptctd sex(same ending). I'm not sure when I ovulate or how long my lp is or how long my cycle is. I am irregular as to where I had a 20 day period once or twice! (Spotted on and off) an app on my cell says I ovulated on Jan 1 2017. On Jan 7 I noticed some creamy light pinkish beige cm on underwear. Not even a lot at all. I've heard of IB and possibly it can be! I wasn't sure as to where I took a rephresh pill. (Felt like I had something going on down there, either uti,or bv) I stopped taking them since the spotting incase was caused from pill. On Jan 9 and today the 11th I've taken about 2 test prep strips that I've ordered from Amazon and both came back negative. I always get hyped every month thinking I've gotten that special spermie to meet my egg without us trying, Im hoping since we dtd somewhat around ovulation time that this month it worked!

Its def possible if you actually did ovulate that day when does your app say your af is due

Galyna, it started on Thanksgiving, but I don't recall the date. I count my weeks based on ovulation because I ovulate a little late.

Galyna, it started on Thanksgiving, but I don't recall the date. I count my weeks based on ovulation because I ovulate a little late.

so your due date is on the 4th or 5th of September?

The 5th based on ovulation date, which was most likely the 13th.

Sounds like you had a good chance, good luck and fingers are crossed for you. I know how hard it is to wait. Just in case, next time be sure, use opk and do your temps, those methods help a lot. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->