~*Learning*To*Bake*&*Decorate*~Lesson 2 -Icing with fondant added!

Zoe, your cake rose so well! It looks lush! The muffins look fab too, I am rubbish at muffins, ive tried loads of times and they never work!

Aww ta.Thats the whisk and flour i think.Can't taste till weds as it's for lunch with a friend

: (

As for the muffins that's the second attempt.I made some yummy apple and cinnamon ones and they were wonky but delicious x

OH keeps going on about carrot cake so i will be making carrot cake this week or next

OMG..that cake looks ACE!!!
absolute perfection hunny!! what made those impressions on the sides?
god would i love to taste that!! mmmmmmm

get baking everyone!! ive finished all my cupcakes now thank god...still dont think i have enough time for this cake though LOL
i had to run to tesco n pick a handmixer up for £5....this is now my eighth....or nineth! LOL

hehe losing count of the mixers that have gone to mixer heaven!

I really hope you have time for kais cake, I wanna see it!!!!

lol ive had loads!! when i had my kenwood hand mixer...i had about 5 other sets of beaters from previous dead ones LOL so i'd use one for cake mix, take those out n pop some more in to do buttercream LOL

i have the 8" base baked, but i only have 2moro to get the 6" done and then to decorate the whole thing...plus i have dance class at 8pm and kai to take ans pick up from nursery...seems impossible to me!! LOL

lol ive had loads!! when i had my kenwood hand mixer...i had about 5 other sets of beaters from previous dead ones LOL so i'd use one for cake mix, take those out n pop some more in to do buttercream LOL

i have the 8" base baked, but i only have 2moro to get the 6" done and then to decorate the whole thing...plus i have dance class at 8pm and kai to take ans pick up from nursery...seems impossible to me!! LOL

lol u should see my diary..its FULL!
kais cake, cupcakes, dance classes, kais birthday bowling n pizza hut, parents evening, a mums meet at a local restaurant, a photography meet at ormskirk, cinema trip to watch alice in wonderland...and all that is just from now till sunday LOL

busy busy busy!!

LOL! We have our tickets booked for AIW fr Saturday then I have to rush home and start the Ben10 cake for Sunday!

Thats as about as exciting as my week gets!

Hey girlies

Kinda left my cake baking till the last minute (as per usual for me) Bens birthday is on Friday and Im doing a 'zoo' on 2 tiers ... Baking today, decorating tomorrow and thurs, eating friday!!

This time I'm gonna use plain sponge but whats the ratio of ingredients do you think is best for a choc sponge???

Well my fist cake is in the oven!!!

I followed your recipe to a T andrea, and its been in the oven 50 mins now, the outside is a nice golden brown but did the skewer thing and its still a little wet at the bottom.

I baked it on 160 fan oven, is it too high or too low?

actually, dont know if its makes a difference but ive made the whole thing in an 8 inch tin. not 2.

OMG..that cake looks ACE!!!
absolute perfection hunny!! what made those impressions on the sides?
god would i love to taste that!! mmmmmmm

get baking everyone!! ive finished all my cupcakes now thank god...still dont think i have enough time for this cake though LOL
i had to run to tesco n pick a handmixer up for £5....this is now my eighth....or nineth! LOL

I drew around the top of the tin not the base so to much grease proof hence the impressions!

My Wilton soccer tin arrived today :happydance: Time to play at the weekend xx

I need a new sandwich tin.Mine is to shallow and pants! Any one want to recommend me one?well i need 2 x

I have an awesome one but ive no idea where it came from, it just appeared in my cupboard one day :rofl:

lol umm I don't think I have cake tin faires lol Is it a deep one? Oo I was looking on Ebay and saw a hello kitty mould cake tin did you use one or carve it?I Love your Peppa pig cake btw x

Eoz i didnt use a mould, the only ones i found on Ebay were from Hong Kong and upon readint he listings the cakes were tiny :hissy: so i hand cut the shape from a circle sponge, it was really easy!!

Are you ready for round 2 Jac now youve mastered making the sponge :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->