long cycles support thread :) the yelping vaginas club! (closed group)

Today marks 2 years since I joined this group. It seems fitting that my baby girl turned 6 months today. What a great ride it's been with you ladies; I don't think I could have gotten through it without you. Love you girls! :hugs:

Can't believe i'm saying this but I got a :bfp: yesterday! Dee & Bethany I wish you were on facebook! I posted about it on our facebook group.

Can't believe i'm saying this but I got a :bfp: yesterday! Dee & Bethany I wish you were on facebook! I posted about it on our facebook group.

WTF!?!?! AHHHHHHHHH that's unbelievable! CONGRATS!!! Were you even trying again or was this a bit of an oops!? That's amazing! :) Any idea how far along you are? :hugs:

Bethany - I'm glad your blood work is improving maybe that's a sign things are regulating. I'm six months PP and AF has not returned so I doubt that pregnancy helped fix my cycles and I am probably back to long cycles if I ever get an AF again. :wacko:

Dee - He's such a cutie! Our thread's only boy so far! How's he sleeping for you?

I really can't complain about his sleeping right now. Around the 2 month mark he really improved his sleeping and now goes from 7pm - 5:30am through the night. And after eating at 530 he'll go back down until 730 or so. It's great. He also just got his first tooth on Friday - at 4 months!! He hasn't bitten me nursing yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time! :kiss:

We were ttc because I thought it might take a while, well it happened first cycle :haha: I'm only 4 weeks :)

Wow that is early to get teeth! Lucy got 2 just before 6 months but no more so far, and what a great sleeper he is! Lucy sleeps 9/9.30 until 7.30/8.00.

I'm so glad Cam is a good sleeper. That makes a huge difference. We had a bit of a rough patch with Claire with sleeping for about a month and a half around 4 months but she's now sleeping between 10.5 to 11.5 hours straight. It is amazing to get to sleep again. I forgot how much I missed it. :thumbup: Have you introduced any solids yet?

Bethany - How are you? I saw that you are on cycle day 119. :cry: Are you going to ask for Provera? Have you ever tried Clomid? Thinking about you! I miss talking to you.

You both should join Facebook! We miss you!! You wouldn't really have to friend any one. I have a private Claire page for my family and they don't have any friends and they are private so no one even knows they're on there we could do that for you too....I know I'm being pushy you can just ignore me. :winkwink:

That is awesome news about the BFP! Congrats!!:happydance::baby:

Thank you girls...I actually had something to help start AF and then the day after I got 2 days of smiley faces and have had 3 days of temps over 98. So I'm going to wait a little bit longer to see if I actually did in fact ovulate before taking anything.

Caroline, you're not being pushy about facebook and I would never just ignore you:hugs:I actually would like to get on facebook, but it's caused problems in the past with my husband and I because of certain people we know. So we both just kind of leave it alone. I do hate feeling left out, though:wacko:

I joined on here in January of '12 so my 2 years will be here next month:dohh:I never thought it would be that long for me to conceive/have a baby again. Just have to believe that God has a reason why it hasn't happened before now, I guess. And have hope that it will happen soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Love and hugs:kiss:

Yay! I hope those smiley's mean good things for you! I will definitely be chart stalking and keeping my fingers crossed. You're right, there is a plan for you and I have no doubt the you will get that long awaited BFP and all the wait will be soon forgotten. :hugs:

I completely understand about Facebook. We wouldn't want to cause problems for you and your DH. Just know we are always thinking about you!! :flower:

Yay for the smileys Bethany!!! Hope it means you've ovulated. Fingers crossed and sending you big baby dust clouds :)

AFM I'm getting there. I had a major hiccup with Breastfeeding. Katie's latch was so bad that she basically ripped off half my right nipple. The injury was so bad that I would resent every time she was hungry. The LLL and everyone else I spoke to just said keep nursing and eventually it will heal. Well I tired that for a few more days and I was miserable, cranky, in pain, and would actually have preferred labour again to the on going bf pain I was having. My mum eventually suggested that I stop feeding her on my right side and give the nipple time to heal. So I'm currently feeding her from my left all the time (supply building up nicely) and I'm gently hand expressing 1-2oz from the right every 4-5 hours to maintain the supply so that eventually she can nurse on that side again. The nipple is healing up nicely, and already looks much better. Hopefully just a other week of hand expressing and it will have fully healed. Think I will first try electric pump to see how well it's healed and to make sure it won't rip open again. I stupidly put her back on that side a few days ago just to see how it was healing up and she ripped it back open and it bled (stupid mistake I won't be doing again!). I don't think her latch is the problem anymore, but more that when she sucks the breast tissue in, she caused the crack to open up again.

Anyone have any knowledge about tongue tie? Katie has a slightly heart shaped dip at the end of her tongue, that I've read can be a sign of TT. I also think her latch might be slightly shallower than normal. Who would I talk to about getting her checked for TT?

Dee, Cam is sleeping beautifully! And wow a tooth at 4 months, fingers crossed he isn't a biter xxx

Yay for a smiley Bethany! I really hope it means you o'ed :hugs:

Katya- I am so sorry to hear about the breastfeeding troubles you have been having but great job being strong and toughing through it! I had so many issues early on but once you get through it, it's so worth it. I don't know much about tongue tie. The lactation consultant thought Shae had slight lip tie but it turned out it didn't affect her latch much. We were going to see an ear nose and throat dr to gee it snipped if needed though.

Dee- 4 months and a tooth already wow! Shae is just now getting her first, it's barely starting to poke through.

Good Luck Bethany, hope the smiley faces mean you did ovulate, hope your BFP comes soon! :dust:

Katya sorry I don't know anything about tongue tie, but I would think you would speak to your doctor?

Hi everyone...hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year:xmas16:

Just an update on me. About a month ago I started taking Femaprin, which is supposed to be a really good form of Vitex. So about 3 and a half weeks ago I had a loooong AF and then yesterday on (CD 23) I noticed some light pink spotting. I didn't think a lot about it...I thought maybe the Femaprin is doing *something*. Then today when I woke up I have full blown AF...and I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate:dohh:I've been doing opks for the last couple of weeks and they've only been semi-dark. So I'm not sure what's going on with my body. I just hope that it's trying to sort itself out.

Anyway, that's about all for me. Hope everyone has a great week!:hugs:

Bethany - Maybe it's like Provera in that it is like setting a reset button on your system. :shrug: I hope that's all it is and this new cycle will be THE one. :thumbup: Miss talking to you! Hope you had a good holiday! :hugs:

Thanks Caroline...I hope everything with my body will start sorting itself out. It's been 2 years since my cycles have been semi-normal and I'm ready for a change, lol:thumbup:

I miss getting to talk to all of you, too...everyone on here has been so wonderful and such great friends to me over the last couple of years. And yes, we did all have a good holiday, but were sick with a 24 hour bug on Christmas day, so that wasn't much fun. Other than that, it was a very nice Christmas and New Year.

How is everyone else doing?

It seems like it is getting something going for you Bethany. I really hope your cycles get back on track and it gets your ovulating. I miss this group as well :(

All is well here. Shaelyn and dh were sick with a bug as well over New Years, good thing I didn't catch it so I was able to care for them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->