long cycles support thread :) the yelping vaginas club! (closed group)

Sorry you seem to be having a tough time Bethany! I also gave up after 16m and got my bfp the month after. Easier to give up and protect my emotions i guess. We will always be here, I've just been quite busy tidying the house and been really tired recently, so not on here much. Feel free to PM me if you wanna chat xxxx

Bethany how are you?

Dee, How are things with Camden?

NewMrs., Raven, Still out there?

Miss you! :hugs:

Thanks everyone....I'm okay I guess. Nothing new to report.
Katya, how are you? Any news on the little one's arrival?:baby:

I'm good Bethany, getting really really umcomfy though! No sign of the little lady at the moment :(

Finally our nursery furniture is being delivered today, so hopefully can get the wardrobe and chest of drawers set up before baby arrives. Then hubby and I can set up the combed this weekend :)

I'm sorry there's nothing new to report Bethany. :hugs: I'm still confident you will get your BFP. Are taking anything now to encourage things?

Thought you ladies who aren't on Facebook would like to know that Katya is in labor!! Most likely on track to have her little gal on her due date!! :happydance:

Wow, that's great! Can't wait for updates and pics!:happydance::baby: Any news on how Nat's doing?

Thanks Caroline. I'm not taking anything prescribed to me...my doc had prescribed metformin a while back, but I didn't feel like it was really doing anything so I started taking an inositol/folic acid combo(about the same thing as Pregnitude only a lot cheaper!) instead and actually had better bloodwork results from that than the metformin. Maybe it just needs a few months to start working more:shrug:I don't know, lol.

I'm sure Katya will come and make an announcement when she gets time :)
Nat is doing good, 35 weeks now :happydance:

Hooray Katya! Can't wait to hear how it all went and see a picture of your new little one!

Natalie I hope everything is going smoothly for you and that you are getting ready for baby :)

Bethany - That's great that your bloodwork improved! It sounds like a great step in the right direction. I'm sending out good thoughts your way!

Cam is growing up so fast! He is so happy and vocal and I am crazy about this kid! Here is a picture from this weekend (don't worry, we weren't actually driving with him in the passenger seat!)

new fave cam - small.JPG

Bethany - I'm glad your blood work is improving maybe that's a sign things are regulating. I'm six months PP and AF has not returned so I doubt that pregnancy helped fix my cycles and I am probably back to long cycles if I ever get an AF again. :wacko:

Dee - He's such a cutie! Our thread's only boy so far! How's he sleeping for you?

Caroline, sorry I can't remember if you're breastfeeding or not. If you are breastfeeding then AF may not return until you stop. With my first child I fed her until she was almost 2 and then once I stopped, AF showed a few months later.

Any updates on Katya?

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. Been very tired!

I've had my little lady! My waters went 1am Thursday morning and Katie arrived 5.26am Friday morning (her due date!) weighing 7lb9oz. We are doing fab at home. Just very tired :)

Photo%2016-11-2013%2021%2023%2055.jpg

Aww, so happy to hear you are both doing well!:happydance:

Get some rest and a big Congratulations to you!:baby:

Did you try to post a pic at the bottom? Just wondering because I guess if you did it's not working on my computer:nope:

I think I'm on CD 56 today. Last cycle was about 3 months.
No idea when I ovulated, I keep thinking that I'm ovulating so I think my body likes to trick me!!! Wish me luck :D
All the best to you gals as well :)

Caroline, sorry I can't remember if you're breastfeeding or not. If you are breastfeeding then AF may not return until you stop. With my first child I fed her until she was almost 2 and then once I stopped, AF showed a few months later.

Any updates on Katya?

I'm not breast feeding anymore but I am pumping twice a day so maybe that has something to do with the weird spotting. Think I might break out the opks just to see what's going on. Let the craziness begin. :wacko:

Good luck Frenchie! :thumbup:

My waters went at 1am on Friday 15th and I was getting period type pains every 7-10mins. Went to hospital at 3.30am and they confirmed my waters had gone and took the usual obs. My blood pressure was borderline high so I wasn't allowed to go home and was admitted to the antenatal ward. The contractions got stronger throughout Friday and I was given some co-codamol which didn't really do much. I was examined and was only 2cm and medium soft cervix. So off we went for a walk to try to speed things up. The contractions were now every 2-3mins and pretty painful but I couldn't have any more pain relief until I was 4cm and admitted to labour ward. Eventually one of the midwives suggested I should be examined as I was in a lot of pain and I was 4cm! So yay off we went to labour ward where they gave me gas and air! Seriously it was amazing stuff! I loved it. My contractions were now only 5 mins apart but I progressed from 4 to 6cm in 4 hours so they were happy. I still only had gas and air up until this point and was coping really well. I was examined 4 hours later but had only progressed to 7cm so they decided to start the drip. This is when things get a bit hazy. The contractions came really strong and fast and I was beginning not to cope very well and demanded an epidural. However the anaesthetist was in surgery for the next 1.5hrs. I have no idea how I got through he next hour or so. The gas and air made me really spaced out so don't remember much. Then when the anesthetist finally turned up to do the epidural she was called away to an emergency! So I was given a massive dose of pethidine to help with the pain. I guess it helped a bit, hubby says it helped a lot but I honestly don't remember. The gas and air was making me forget huge chunks of time lol. Eventually I felt the urge to push and I lost it. It was so painful. Hubby had to kept telling me to breathe as I would stop breathing, meaning I wasn't getting any gas and air. I remember asking the midwife for process reports and feeling relieved when she told me that soon I would need to stop pushing and just pant. Did that and heard the midwife say the baby had the cord wrapped round her neck twice but loosely so I had to stop pushing. Once they slipped the cord back over she was born two pushes later and omg the relief was amazing. Katie was placed and my chest and I just burst into tears, not quite believing she was here. And honestly I forgot about the pain I had just gone through and would have done it all over again! Katie had an apgar score of 8/10 so was really healthy and copes really well with the labour. It took me 40mins to push her out :) I was then stitched up due to a second degree tear - didn't really hurt as I still had gas and air. I also had the injection to deliver placenta as I had lost 600ml blood. My blood pressure spiked at the end of labour so they had given me some tablets to bring it down, once I had delivered Katie my blood pressure plummeted to 80/55 so was given IV fluids and wheeled to postnatal ward. Katie arrived at 5.26am on her due date using gas and air and a dose of pethidine. I spent all of Saturday in bed as I was too dizzy to sit up. Once my blood pressure stabilised recovery was pretty fast. I still have sciatica which make it difficult to walk around, and I tore my calf muscle from the strain of pushing but other than that I'm good. The bleeding has slowed right down. Katie is Breastfeeding well and I'm getting some sleep which is helping with recovery.

Great birth story :) The gas and air is pretty crazy stuff! The radio was playing in my delivery room and the same thing kept repeating over and over in my head like I was high on drink/drugs :haha:

Great story Katya!! I wish we had gas and air offered here! Seems like good stuff!:thumbup:

Great story, sounds like you coped very well. I had to wait forever for the anasthesiologist I think almost 2 hours it was torture, sounds like you did ok without it though. We have no gas and air so I needed it bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->