looking for ttc buddy?

yeah im fine i just wish my days would go faster on my ticker:dohh:
what is your bump getting bigger as well?? are you having a good day at work??

well i have just been to the toilet and i had a load of yellowish cm:shrug:what does this mean????

hi claire this may help?
yes bumps getting harder and more round now definatley look preggas some of my tops look ridiculous had to go and buy some new ones!

Cervical Mucus - How it Relates to Getting Pregnant

Cervical mucus changes are monitored for determining when ovulation occurs through the cervical mucus monitoring test. As your cycle progresses, your cervical mucus increases in volume and changes texture. The changes in the mucus that is secreted from the cervix reflect where you are in your cycle. The consistency of your cervical mucus changes during the cycle due to hormonal fluctuations. You are considered most fertile when the mucus becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy. Many women compare mucus at this stage to raw egg whites.
Before collecting a sample, be sure to wash your hands first in order to prevent the transmission of germs.

The most common ways of collecting a cervical mucus sample are:

Inserting your finger into your vagina and collecting some mucus.
Using toilet paper and wiping the entrance of your vagina and analyzing the mucus collected that way.
The most accurate way to collect your cervical mucus is to insert your finger into your vagina and circle your finger around your cervix or as close as you can to the cervix. This will allow you to actually collect the cervical mucus instead of just it's wetness.
Monitoring the changes in cervical mucus is the only method that will not require looking back to the past few cycles for analysis, and also provide reliable results that you can trust when trying to conceive. You can do this yourself by getting a sample of your cervical secretions and stretch it between 2 of your fingers (the thumb and index finger) to test for the consistency. Examining the changes in your cervical mucus can help you pinpoint your time of ovulation and increase your chances of pregnancy.

Before Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
The first few days following menstruation, there will be little or no discharge present. You will feel dryness around your vulva. During this time, chances of getting pregnant are low.

Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):
The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucus should break easily. You will only be able to pull your fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume.

Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy):
At this stage, mucus resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucus to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your 'mucus peak'. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm's survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.

After Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva.

One caution for this test is that sperm can be confused with the mucus secretions and you could make wrong assumptions. Also, vaginal infections, medication, and birth control can alter conditions and should be taken into consideration when examining any vaginal secretions.

If you are interested in charting your cervical mucus to try and pinpoint your time of ovulation, you can download our free cervical mucus charts. You can download a blank CM chart from BabyHopes.com in two different formats: PDF or Excel Spreadsheet

There are several cases where you may not be able to collect an adequate sample of cervical mucus. Medications, being over 35, & not ovulating can have a dramatic effect on your body's ability to produce the fertile cervical mucus.

If you are not able to determine your time of ovulation, you may have to use another ovulation prediction method, such as basal body temperature ( BBT ) charting or using ovulation tests.

works so busy today quite fed up with it today :sad:

thanks for that, but it doesnt state after ov, iam 4dpo today.
have you told everybody that you are pregnant??
have you worked out how to use the camera yet??

After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva

still not took any pictures yet keep forgetting!

everyone knows now family and friends which is good x

i will have to wait and see:wacko:
whens your next scan??

claire- thick cm, sometimes yellow is my first indication of pregnancy. dont want to get your hopes up too much if your not, but thats my first sign every time. i have had 7 pregnancies, two were mc, so i really know my body in this area. hope its a good sign for you! :hugs:

haley- it seems early to feel at 15 wks but its not. i felt my last one at 14 wks. my ob said it was his position and the fact that his placenta was in back of him. i bet you are for sure feeling that baby:wohoo:

katie- yay to the new home and job. a new baby on the way would just be the cherry on top!!!:baby:

naderz- how are you hun? tired still im sure. hope your not sick anymore and getting on good:winkwink:

28th august i be 20 weeks then which is only 5 weeks away and im half way how scary is that!

i had little movements all morning so convinced it is baby moving! :happydance: feels more real now!

ooh thats exciting!!! maybe this is your month claire!!!! :wohoo:

Melissa how many dpo did you get it????
I'm not getting my hopes because I will have one huge full if I'm not

i think it was about 3 dpo. im gonna try to paste my ff chart on here.

tmi- i do know that for me it stays dry after my af when im not pg. but when i am it dries up a little after i ovulate, then comes back pretty quick. its thicker though and sometimes yellow. stays for the rest of my pg too

claire- it looks like for me it was 3-4 dpo. ff said i ovulated on cd14 due to temp change, but i changed it to cd13. i have a slow temp change due to low progest. that they dont account for. also had ov pains on cd12 and cd13, so i averaged it out to cd13. even though based on last scan, it was prob cd12.

sooooo, that would have made me 3dpo if it was cd13 and 4dpo if it was cd12.

is that confusing enough for ya???:shrug:

i know everyones different so not all women get it, but its also very normal to have heavy cm from pregnancy.

Thanks for that Hun. Knowing my luck it's my body playing games

i sooooo hope not!!! im praying for you!!!!!!

it would be just perfect if you and katie got pg this month.

like i said though, im not trying to get your hopes up in case its just your body being silly. but for me its always a good sign. in fact while i was charting every day, i was telling my DH that we were pg cuz of the cm coming back.

how long are you waiting to test?

i started testing at 8 dpo. my first was negative and i threw it away.

at 9dpo i tested and it was negative but forgot to throw it out. when we got home i looked at it before throwing it away and it had the lightest line ever. my hubby couldnt even see it, but i could.

at 10 dpo i had bought a more sensitive test and it was still really light but it came up pos.

makes me wonder if my 8dpo test wouldve come up pos if i wouldve kept it and looked later. or if i wouldve used a more sensitive test on that day to start with. i guess i will never know:shrug:

To tell you the truth I haven't even throught about it. I'm just waiting to start spotting next week:growlmad:
Yesterday I had pains like af was going to start , so who knows.
Since we have all started this thread someone as got pg everymonth, wonder who it will be this month??????

i spotted at 5dpo this pg. and i think had a couple more days of spotting. then it stopped and started again. i didnt put it all down on ff chart, but it was more than what i had recorded. i wrote it in my calender book here and kept track instead. i had cramps off and on too. dont know if it was implanting or what

i even had af pains like i was gonna start around the time i usually start but didnt. dont remember if that happened with my previous pg or not.

i still hope this is your month!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->