*~lucky 13's- for those ovulating around 7/13/13

Mango - yes, probably a lot of little things can contribute and if there is already a problem then you really don't want anything getting in the way. I have heard zinc is good for sperm. Is your hubby on any vitamins?
It is Monsanto corn that Is the problem because they use a genetically modified corn that kills sperm. Unfortunately, corn producers do not label where the corn comes from so there's no way of knowing if yours is 'safe' unless you buy organic. And I am sure the corn used in chips and such is not organic! It sucks... So many chemicals in our food and we don't even think about it until we TTC. I am glad you're still trying because you never know when a miracle could happen!

Newlyweds - sorry you are jealous of my early O! At least when you were not TTC you didn't have to deal with AF as much. I have awful PMS and AF so I always hated having short cycles. Now I am thankful! Unfortunately, I do not think there is any way to shorten your cycle... Unless a thyroid disorder or some other hormonal imbalance was causing you to ovulate late.

I am CD10 already, had some EWCM today and am going to BD tonight! I am feeling (overly) optimistic about this cycle and just can't wait! We are also trying some acupressure techniques this cycle as they supposedly can help fertility and It helps us to feel like we are doing something. So sorry about your BFN but it is still so early. Good idea to wait til 12 DPO to try Again. Good luck!

I know, all these chemicals and such that are used in foods...I wish I could go organic and rid our house and bodies of all that nasty stuff...but truth is..it's difficult! I'll try to stick with eating more fruits and veggies, but even those have them on them. Newlyweds, I know about the wondering about DH sperm thing...I just keep wishing it would replenish. I never did use the at home test I got him but maybe it'll be helpful in the future? We haven't BD'd in almost 2 weeks either! Maybe this weekend...try to get 1 sperm maybe?? I can hope! :wacko:
How old is your DH?? I'm sure he's fine, it is rare that people have this problem, but it happens. I'm just glad we found out sooner than later.
I have to keep positive about it or I'll go crazy. I saw my new obgyn today and he's really nice. He is straight to the point and I can tell he won't sugar coat the truth, yet he listens to me and discusses all my concerns. I have no cysts on my ovaries! yay! and he said the depo shot is nasty since it withholds the hormones so bad and now my body has these hormones and I am getting all these symptoms because of it. I sort of figured I was still regulating but wanted to be sure. I feel better now. He said he thinks I'm ovulating fine and doesn't even care about my temping and said to stop doing it! and live and enjoy my life! :happydance: and when we find out the problem with DH to let him know and we'll see if we need to take a step for insemination or ivf or if he's fixable and we can try naturally. He made it sound like the sperm thing should be fixable unless there really is zero sperm being made but that its common to have a blockage that is easily unblocked and then we can try....so I'm hoping for a simple blockage with DH. I like that the doc and his wife had to do IVF and that he knows exactly everything...emotions and difficulties and all that goes with it. I'm hoping we wont have to do that.

Newlyweds, don't fret the BFN...try not to drive yourself crazy the next few days, you still aren't out of the running!:dust::dust:...I hope AF stays away from you!

DH is on vitamins, has been taking them for a long time. I believe zinc is in them..I've heard zinc is good too. I've not heard of Monsanto corn. Right, there's no way to know what product is really in what we eat. I hate the idea of so many unknown chemicals, even when I think its healthy it might not be.

Literati, I'm so excited you are so close to O and EWCM!!! yay!! :dust::dust: Good luck dear!!

Have a great rest of the week ladies! I'm beat, been doing homework for 11 hours and work 12 hours the next 2 days. I cannot wait to sleep in on Saturday!

OK LADIES - EMERGENCY TIME !! I am home from work on my dinner break but I had to post this. I haven't read the posts up above but I will read them when I get home from work !!!

I am trying to post a photo, BUT it is a super horrible photo.. I can't get it to work so I will post this and try again..
OK SO --
This morning I decided to take a test again (12dpo). I laid it aside for a couple minutes while I brushed my teeth and when I looked I thought I saw a light light light line showing. So I left it for 5 minutes (because the ic's I have say a negative can be confirmed in 5-10 minutes). & When I picked it back up I could definitely see a very light line !!!!! Me and my dh both saw it & I brought it over to show my mom on my way to work about 20 mins later and she could definitely see a line, it had gotten darker then and now it is pretty dark, but I know that is just where it has been left ??? But normally all my test are just BRIGHT white... Would an evap line show in so little time ???????? Ahhhh, I am trying not to freak out but of course a little part of me is ...and now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to test !! I am going to use a clear blue or first response in the morning... Thanks ladies !!!!!!!

I wish I had a better picture to post but I was literally running out the door for work and didn't stop to see if the picture was good. It looks much better on my phone than when it's blown up on my computer..

Completely terrified to go to the bathroom in case I see af making her way....... This has really gotten my hopes up ! Going to be so sad if it isn't right....... But do you think an evap would show so soon ???? I have used this batch of test so I know the batch is good, but could always be a faulty test.. What do you ladies think ???

Newlyweds - I don't think the picture actually got posted because I don't see anything.

But, congratulations, my dear, because you are PREGNANT!!!!!!!! An evap would not show up under the 10 minute mark. A line is a line, regardless of how faint. I'd definitely recommend trying a FRER tomorrow but I really do believe this is it for you! Congratulations! :happydance: You deserve this so much! Please tell us - when will your due date be???

MANGO - I am glad you like your new ob/gyn. It is nice he doesn't think you need to temp to confirm you are Oing, but personally I do not temp for that anymore. I do it because it really helps get my timing right and it's good to know exactly when AF is due or when to test. Do you think you will stop temping? ahha I am being very selfish, but I am disappointed because I love stalking charts. ;)

I hope he is right and that it is just a simple blockage! Will your first visit to the urologist be able to confirm what is going on, or is this going to be a long process? So nice that your dr understands and has been through IVF with his wife. That would make him really sympathetic. It's also great you're oving and that your body is just still recovering from depo. Those hormones are nasty things!

Organic foods are so expensive and I can't be bothered. Just going to obsessively avoid corn until I'm pregnant again.

Sounds like you are working very hard with school/work so I do hope you give yourself a chance to rest somewhere in there! I can't blame you for being so eager for Saturday!

I do not have a +OPK yet, not that I expected one, although I had pretty intense ovulation cramps last night. I haven't noticed any fertile CM yet today (unless I check inside) but I usually only got one patch per day so hopefully it will show up later. We won't BD again until tomorrow anyway.

Nice to hear from you!

AND CONGRATS AGAIN, NEWLYWEDS! I feel very emotional from your announcement (and a twinge jealous)!!

Hi ladies !
Ok so after lunch today around 1;00 I decided that I would not drink or pee, that way I could test when I got home from work around 5;00pm... So I used a first response one... AND IT WAS A BFP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely cannot believe it - I did so much freaking out today it is not even fit !!!!! I am sooooo nervous that it is not right or something will happen... I am going to go to the doctor tomorrow because I feel like I need to hear it from them just to be sure.
We are only telling our parents and keeping it a secret for a while because it is so new and anything can happen this soon.... BUT IT DOESN'T FEEL REAL !!!

So if it can happen for me - even if it is just for this moment and my dreams do get crushed - then it can happen for every one of you out there !!! There is hope !!!!!
Thank you guys sooo much for being a part of this with me. I was just as excited to tell you ladies as I was to tell anyone else ! lol.

I always get one pimple before af arrives, and I have one now so that is making me scared... Hahahah, but I mentioned that to my mom and she was like "you're crazy- go to bed" lol. SOOO, I will let you ladies know how tomorrow goes !!!! If it's a yes, will they make any other appointments for me ???? I need more confirmation, haha.

Ok so back to my responses:

Mango - That is fantastic that you have such a great new gyno ! Sounds like he is not worried at all and that everything will work out, so you should feel the same :)
My dh is 26, but after tonight I am convinced he has at least a few swimmers in there, lol. How old is yours ? So happy to hear from you and that everything seems to be going back on track. You are so very busy with work and school though, so definitely take some time for yourself somewhere in between there !! Praying for you <3

Literati - Woohooo, bd'ing and o time starts soon !!! It is glad you are feeling optimistic, that is important ! I laughed at the fact that you are emotional about my announcement - because my messages always make you emotional, lol :) But I am so happy that you are happy for me. That twinge of jealously just makes you human, it happens to all of us !!! I even get jealous over your early o's - lol ! But we are all in this together and we are all going to get to be a mommy sooner or later. I pray that everything goes well for me and that it does for you ladies too.

xoxoxoxoox, thank you so much for all the support. I will post again tomorrow night !

Newlyweds, that is amazing that you got another BFP! Congrats! Don't worry! I don't think anything will go wrong. Going to get dr confirmation tomorrow is a good idea! After that you can book your first prenatal appointment. You'd better go out and buy pregnancy books and find out what to avoid during pregnancy and start saving for baby furniture, because you are totally 100% pregnant! Yayyyyy!!!!!!

And how cool is it that your mom had a "feeling" it was your month? She has great intuition!

:hugs:

Hi ladies !!!!!!
So this is still so surreal, just like a dream !!!!
I went to the doctor yesterday and did a urine test and he also took basically all my blood to test, haha. I showed him my test and he was genuinely just as excited as us, it was so nice !
I called in the afternoon and my urine test confirmed POSITIVE !!!!!!!!!
I have an appointment on thursday to find out the results of the blood work. Fingers and toes crossed !!
So I am basically like a cat on a hot rock because I am sooo nervous that something bad will happen. (Have you heard that expression before or is that a Newfoundland thing? lol). But I going to try and stay as positive as possible !!

We have only told our parents yet and I'm not sure when we will finally share the news with family and friends. I think I'd like to wait until 8 or 12 weeks (even though that won't be easy). If anything happens then I will have them for support and I do not want to have to explain anything bad to my entire family and friends...

But I feel perfectly fine ! Which is the odd part because I'm like "Am I really preggo???". But my mom said she was the same as well, and I have always been similar to her for periods so hopefully I am the same as her again.
& Yes, she has the craziest intuition !!!! My dad and I tell her that she is a witch, hahaha.

Thank you guys so much for being here for me ! I will be there for you two every step of the way too <3

xxoxoxox. I will keep you posted !

Literati - Have you gotten your positive opk yet ?! Hopefully your weekend is full of bd'ing ;) !!!

Omg! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Cannot imagine your excitement!
It is crazy, I am so busy with school work and that's why I haven't been on here as much and I have to shower and my husband and I are spending the rest of the evening together and I don't have time to be on here....I wasn't going to check in, then was, then wasn't and I decided I have to just in case Newlyweds has news...and oh my gosh! you do you do you do!!
Soooo happy for you!!

just an fyi, we BD'd the other night, I had the most stretchy fertile fluid I've eveer had and sort of felt bummed about it since his aspermia, but felt...hey...there's a chance..so we did it and I'm hoping for the best, maybe a few prayers sent our way might help. I still feel very wet and haven't O'd yet according to temps (I know i'm supposed to stop that!) but I want to just confirm, plus I do want to know if I'm regularizing my cycles too. Plan to BD tonight, just in case there's a few sperm straggling to get out.

Newlyweds - It really is surreal at first because nothing really is different except you don't have your period! But I am sure reality will sink in soon and you will really get that you're truly pregnant! I'm so glad your doctor was very excited for you and that you already got your blood tests. Congrats again! I'm glad you're so happy.

Try not to worry. I feel bad that my experience makes people scared that it will happen to them. I am sure it will only happen to me. I am defective and bad things always happen to me. But most people I know never have anything bad happen to them and I'm sure you are the same. Also, it is very normal to not have any symptoms at first...and especially if your mom felt the same way then that's probably extra normal. So just relax and enjoy every moment! :hugs:

AFM - I had my positive OPK yesterday morning and it was already negative today. My temps are confusing me so I can't actually tell if I ovulated yet, but I woke up at 4:30 am with intense ovulation cramps on my left side so I'm pretty sure that's when I ovulated. I'm certain our timing wasn't good enough this month, but oh well. We tried. I guess an August baby wouldn't be so bad. :cry:

Also, I have never heard the expression "cat on a hot rock" so maybe that is just a newfie saying!

Mango - I'm glad you checked in for the happy news! But it is good you make spending time with your hubby a priority in the evenings.

That is so disappointing that you had such fertile CM and don't feel like there was any sperm for it, but I do hope a little miracle happens and that one spermy makes its way to your egg! I had very stretchy EWCM this morning as well!

Haha, you can temp if you want to! It is nice to know when it actually happens. My temps haven't shown anything for me yet either but I think I might have ovulated today.

Have a good weekend, you two!

Hey Newlyweds! How are you feeling lady?
Literati...you O yet? I am glad we aren't really trying this month...my temps are not up, although my fertile stretchy fluid is gone since last Saturday (which is when I thought I O'd). I think it's the medication I've been taking that is throwing my temps so I'm not going to bother. I can wish that a little spermy got through though! I'm sending wishes that you had a few make it through too!
I'm too tired to write much more, so I will check in in a few days on my day off.

Mango - yeah, I ovulated on Saturday like I thought. 4 DPO today but not too hopeful for this month. Obviously I want it like crazy but I feel it would be foolish to get my hopes too up at his point.

I am glad you are enjoying not really trying this month! :hugs:

Newlyweds - how is your pregnancy going? Can't wait to hear more!

hi ladies !!!
i am SOOOO sorry that i haven't checked in !
i got super busy at work around the time i found out, and then i came down with the flu !!!! it is different not being able to take any medication for it (but no complaining because it is a good reason lol).
i had another doctor appt today and we started filling out my chart, weighing, measuring, etc. still seems so so so unreal ! i still feel perfectly fine !
although my heart is in my throat every single time i wipe ... and it probably will be like that for the next couple months.. lol.
i should have an ultrasound between now and next month, so maybe that will ease my mind a bit more.
we still haven't told anyone other than parents !!!!!!!!! it is just so early yet (really only around 5 weeks, but ill know more at the ultrasound), and i am still so nervous in case something happens .. so we are just keeping it on the down-lo..
how are you ladies doing !?!?!?!
mango - did you have any other appointments with the dh ???

literati - congrats on being 4 dpo !!!! it is way too early to feel negative though !!! i think i may have felt like that as well ?
just try not to think about it too much and carry on with your normal living. i am convinced that it worked for me this month because i was so busy and didn't have time to think about it, haha.

i will be checking in more regularly !!!!!!!!!
can't wait to follow everyone's journey <3

Newlyweds - Thanks for checking in! Sounds like you had very good reason to not be around. So sorry you got stuck with the flu! That must have been rough, especially not being able to take anything for it. So wonderful that you had a pre-natal appointment already. Yay! I'm glad it's starting to feel real. And I do hope that anxiety goes away soon.

How many weeks will you be when you get your ultrasound?

Understandable not to tell anyone else for a while. Friends of ours just announced that they're expecting as well. She's 8 weeks already! It was a little hard to take because they only just started trying and they don't even know that I've been pregnant already. It just sucks feeling "behind" now. I would love to be pregnant at the same time as her.

I am 7 DPO now. This TWW seems to be going slowly...but it doesn't really matter since nothing exciting is going to happen anyway. Just have to keep trucking. I am glad that the month you barely thought about it and kept so busy ended up being your BFP month.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Mango - How are you doing? Any weekend plans?

Hi ladies! Newlyweds, sorry you got sick!! I hope you feel better now! It sucks you cannot take anything for meds to make you feel better...BUT..you are so right it is worth it! At least you have an amazing reason why not. I bet it is still sinking in for you and feels surreal. Try not to worry too much about anything happening, I'm sure you'll be fine, but I can understand the fear you have. I think everyone probably goes through that. I know I would.
How exciting about your 1st appointment! when is the ultrasound? ohhhh...how exciteing and happy!

Literati, I am probably about 7-9 dpo, my temps have been low but I think it is because of the medication I have been taking at night and our bedroom is sooooo cold with the weather change. Whatever, I know that most likely I could not be BFP, but still hope. I've checked my temp a few days but not writing it down.
Sorry your tww is going slow...it's half over though! :dust::dust: for you this next week! I hope you get that BFP, you deserve it!!!

I'm doing fine, we see the urologist Tuesday and will find out more then...hoping it's an easy fix problem and not that he truly has no ability to produce sperm.
Have a great week ladies! :hugs:

Mango- well I am 8 DPO so if you are right about where you are, we are totally TWW buddies this time! Yay. And I do hope you have a miracle and are BFP already but if you're not, at least with that appointment on Tuesday you are well on your way to that BFP! You will find a way! I recently read about someone who had a sperm problem and the girl has PCOS. The guy just had surgery to stop the blockage and she went on meds to make her ovulate and they got pregnant on their first try with twins! There are all sorts of ways to defy the odds and I believe you will be able to too!

I've noticed my temps are bit lower now with the colder weather too.

I think PMS is finally kicking in. I am feeling a bit irritable today!

Newlyweds - hope you're all better now and had a great weekend!

I know this is tmi...but I had a glob of gel-like EWCM today that stretched like 3-4inches. How odd...my body is crazy.

Hmmm... That's weird! Too bad you haven't been recording everything on your charts so I could analyze for you. ;)

I've heard around the middle of the TWW some estrogen is introduced to your system (regardless of BFP or not) so that could be the cause of EWCM in the TWW.

Hmmm... That's weird! Too bad you haven't been recording everything on your charts so I could analyze for you. ;)

I've heard around the middle of the TWW some estrogen is introduced to your system (regardless of BFP or not) so that could be the cause of EWCM in the TWW.

I read that about the estrogen too, so I 'm sure that is what it is.

Mango - Yep! Do you think you will test this month or just wait for AF? Can't wait to hear about your appt today?

Newlyweds- how are you doing? Have you had any spotting since your last BD session? Hope you're not feeling too worried.

AFM - I think I'm 10 DPO today. I was feeling really optimistic for a couple days and had a dream about having a baby, but today my temps went down lower than they should so I know I'm out. I am so tired of this waiting game and now that I have another friend in RL who's pregnant I'm having a really hard time not feeling behind. Why is it so easy for some people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->