***Lucky Testers: 32 Testers, 21 BFPs, 9 Angels***

So my cycles ranges from 25-28 days. I ovulated on day 8 this month so FF is predicting AF on dpo 14 which would only be cycle day 23. So do I go by FF and expect AF on day 23? Or do I go with my norm of 25-28?

Do you normally have a 14 day LP? If so, I'd go with the 23 day cycle. Wow that's an early O!

This is only my 2nd month tracking it so I'm not sure how long my usual lp is? Last month I had a positive opk on day 13. This month it was on day 7 & had temp spike on day 9 so FF said I o'd on day 8. I thought that was a little early too. So now I don't know to go with the normal lp phase of 14 days or my usual cycle length. I guess AF will let me know

Sweetmama, I'm sorry about the sickness :hugs: Grated Apple really did work for me. Just nibbling on it. Plus if I still did throw up, I found it a lot easier in my throat than salty crackers and ginger xx Much love xx

Arturia, I'm so sorry this has been such a roller coaster for you sweetheart xx Maybe you guys could start not trying but not preventing? Still do the temping as its a great tool to find out what your body is doing when but don't feel the need to have scheduled BDing? I know it's hard to try and switch off when you want a baby but maybe a bit of a break is the best thing for you guys right now xxx Much love to you :hugs:

Kitty, Curiosity, KK and Choco, how're you ladies going? So much love and :dust: and Kk I hope beanie is well xxx

Green, you're late for AF now, aren't you? I remember you saying somewhere your LP is only 10-11? Looking forward to seeing what your temp does today! Will go over and stalk your testing thread xxx

Les, I have everything crossed for you for this cycle lovie xx Come on prog, do your thing!! :dust:

AFM, I'm going to see my best friend today! I'm very excited. I haven't seen her since Peapod was tiny. Nervous to be leaving the house but I need to do it. There's supposed to be some crazy weather heading our way, so need to take the washing off the line before I go! Pity it's been spitting since just after I hung it up but stopped last night, so I hope it's dry :dohh:
Since I've started taking these multi vitamins though, my goodness I have some gas! It's a tad crazy, lol. Cd 6 for me today. 10 days until O!

Lots of love and hugs to all xxx

It's so nice to see friends after a long period of time! We don't have any kids yet, so I can't imagine how hard it will be in the future. Have fun!

I'm going by my LP from last month, which was 10 days, spotting on 8 and 9. However, since my body is still adjusting to being off BCP for the first time in over 10 years, things are still probably settling down. I'm not considering myself late yet. My longest cycle on the months where I forgot to renew my prescription on time was 36 days. So in a week, I'll consider myself late :p

This is only my 2nd month tracking it so I'm not sure how long my usual lp is? Last month I had a positive opk on day 13. This month it was on day 7 & had temp spike on day 9 so FF said I o'd on day 8. I thought that was a little early too. So now I don't know to go with the normal lp phase of 14 days or my usual cycle length. I guess AF will let me know

The time period between starting AF and ovulating can vary, but the time between O and AF is pretty set for the same woman. So if last month, you had a 14 day LP, you'll probably have around that this month. Sounds like day 23 is right!

The time period between starting AF and ovulating can vary, but the time between O and AF is pretty set for the same woman. So if last month, you had a 14 day LP, you'll probably have around that this month. Sounds like day 23 is right!

Yeah I feel like AF will prob be showing up in the next day or two 😞

tiny-We already were NTNP. I only tracked anything my first cycle and it was half-hearted. I figured out some estimates on my first month, and still got excited if I thought we had 'hit' them, but not much pressure to hit the right 'time'. Not that it mattered much since he just didn't seem interested.

After this past month though, I was just thinking that it probably wouldn't be best to bring a baby into the world that might not be wholly wanted by one of the parents.

Thing is, this whole thing is kind of crushing me. I already feel like I gave up some fairly significant dreams to be with my husband.

Three months ago when I stopped my BC finally, I thought he was on board with having a baby, and that I had my 'village' in order to help me raise him/her in the right environment. Maybe not everything was perfect financially, but we would make it.

Now, my mom backed away from her side of the help, and my husband isn't even sure he wants to be a dad anymore ever. Or rather, he does, but fears his mental health will prevent that. But in the past he has alluded to not wanting to be a father at all. I get the feeling his feelings on the matter are complicated. :nope: I would have hoped for honesty from the get-go, but honestly... he probably doesn't really know his true feelings, entirely. And that means, whatever romantic scene I remember of him tossing my birth control in the garbage, he just isn't ready.

I've been trying to figure out if not giving up my last significant dream (being a parent) is more important than being married to him. And ultimately... I think I might end up miserable if I stay with no children. But with the house, I can't leave. It's just complicated. Deciding unilaterally to go on birth control just seems like the easier solution. But I felt it best to try one more time to discuss it before I just went for it.

At least I still know I have the power to choose birth control on my own if we can't come to a decision or make a plan as a couple.

Arturia - It seems like maybe the stress of the house might also be playing a part but you're right if you stay and have no baby because you want it so much it will cause a big issue and resentment and that isn't good either. I would tell him truly how you feel with no fights just lay it out. Tell him how you'd value him being on board and reassure him that even if the baby has mental health issues it's not the worst thing in the world and it's easily managed. You can't always give for him without having some take in return! Hope this doesn't seem like I'm judging because I'm not I sympathize completely.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on sickness, gingerale and light snacking on apples and crackers seems to be helping.

Just wanted to drop in with some non-baby news, we sold our place and bought a new one all in the span of a couple weeks! We're thrilled to be upgrading to 3 bedrooms and hopefully 1 of those rooms will be for a little one soon.

Just on CD7 right now and already seeing some EWCM so we BD just in case. That's my update for now!

I'm in the O wait....so not much going on here. AF just ended, so just waiting to O! Trying OPKs and fertilitea this month for kicks. So glad the wedding stress is over.

Congrats sweet!! Sorry about the sickness, I've always found something helped so it's a bit trial and error, have you tried those travel sickness bands? I've heard some ladies be successful with those?

Arturia, it's a shame you're feeling stressed, honestly do whatever you feel best, If your going to try again soon though I wouldn't use birth control pill, anything hormonal can mess up your system no matter how short of a time you take it for, when we were not trying for a few months we just used condoms, anything hormonal messes me up for years!!

I retract my previous statement, I'm so sorry arturia, I don't even know what to say, I was engaged to a man who didn't want kids, for a while I kidded myself, thinking that I would be okay with that, but the 12 years old in me that wanted 18 children was still slightly resident and I couldn't never have kids, so we discussed it and I left, he took it well and it wasn't too long until I found my current OH who shared the same goals as I do, not exactly the same timelines but it didn't matter because being a mother was on the cards. I really do think that you need to have a proper discussion about it, if it's just fear on his half rather than not wanting then that can be overcome, it seems so sad but if you're going to be unhappy for life, then I don't think it's worth it, kids are a massive decision, whether it's to have them or not, i really wish you the best in finding a suitable outcome to your current situation :hugs: xxx

As for me, thought I was having an anovulatory cycle so we stopped BDing, turns out I ovulated 4 days ago with no BDing anywhere near ovulation so I'm 100% not pregnant this month XD oh well I've just wasted another month -_- it will teach me for not seeing the month through I suppose!!

Sad news on my front today, I woke up to blood and lots of it :( I'm just devastated completely. It seems so unfair to get a positive that in a blink of an eye it gets taken away. So unfair.

It might not be what you think, ring your GP and see if you can get a quick appointment, one of my friends had tons of bleeding early on and has got a very healthy little boy now, sorry if it is :hugs:

Oh man sweet I'm sorry <3. Definitely do go in. Sometimes it's just a hematoma. Hoping for the best for you :hugs:

Sweet-it's possible to have bleeding around the time of your expected period and still be pregnant. Call your doctor though because you'll need to be checked out.

Thanks for the well-wishes people.

We talked (briefly) last night and he told me it was my decision, ultimately. (He's right, of course.) I told him no child should come into this world if he/she's not entirely wanted. He reiterated that the child would be wanted, but that yes, he's not sure he's ready, but that no one ever is. (That's true because having a child is utterly unpredictable.)

After thinking about it, I decided it's maybe best to not decide right away, which falls under the non-decision of not getting birth control but still not putting any effort in. Truth is, both of us are incredibly stressed and making any life-altering decision at this point is just a bad idea. Let's just get through the next week, get moved, and support him as best as possible until his work settles down. THEN decide. It'll all take a month to work out anyways.

I told him in the meantime he needs to accept my help. No I can't help with work, but I can make sure he's fed and has clean clothing and hugs whenever he needs them. And hopefully, NO more meds for now. He's stressed, but I think his temper is working itself out to a certain degree.

On the note of birth control itself, at least my own anecdotes are that one or three months wouldn't have had any notable effect. My hormones seem to have gone normal-ish already, and I'm still hoping to temp once we've gotten past the super-stress point of next Tuesday.

arturia, you are such a smart cookie. You are always planning stuff out and I love that. Not many people do that now-a-days.

But on a side note, I was on bc years ago, then stopped, then a couple months later went back on, and when I stopped again it was way worse than the second time. My cycles would be 10 days long, then 20, then 10, then I would bleed for 10 days. It was just awful. I quit BC officially years ago when I really looked into the whole blood clot thing, it terrified me, and on top of that paying $60 a month for BC was out of the budget at the time, so we were just extra careful with BD until now. Just my opinion, you are of course free to do as you wish, but thought you'd want more insight since I've been there done that and hated and regretted it.

Sweet, keep us updated dearest. Some women have like AF bleeding during their entire pregnancy. My DH was a surprise baby (he was in there for 10 months before she went into labor! and she didn't know she was pg until she went into labor!), and I asked her, how the heck did you not know you were pg?! Didn't you notice your vagina stopped bleeding every month?! I would notice that! And she said she had normal periods. He came out super healthy and wrinkly from being overcooked haha. So keep your chin up and see a dr.

I can't get in to see my doc until next week but I took another test today and it's completely blank not even a hint of a line :/

arturia, you are such a smart cookie. You are always planning stuff out and I love that. Not many people do that now-a-days.

Yeah, I've been told I am smart (both by people and the IQ tests) but that sentiment actually lent itself to laziness, (why try if top marks come easily?) and also to anxiety. (I know all the things that can go wrong)

These days I just try to be 'wise'. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->