Magical Maypoles ~*May testing thread*~

New test from this am, still didn't go dark right away though, here it is along with yesterday's. I'm not sure if it will get much darker mine don't usually. We bd yesterday hoping to dtd again today or tomorrow but we both are just so knackered right now it's hard to get in the mood! Oh is fed up of me wanting to jump on him at ov time think he feels under pressure x

The opk from today was smu, but I've just done another after the school run with a lighter sample and it's def negative sooo not sure what to think now. Will try again later.

Screenshot_20230421-095103.png Screenshot_20230421-095031.png

New test from this am, still didn't go dark right away though, here it is along with yesterday's. I'm not sure if it will get much darker mine don't usually. We bd yesterday hoping to dtd again today or tomorrow but we both are just so knackered right now it's hard to get in the mood! Oh is fed up of me wanting to jump on him at ov time think he feels under pressure x

The opk from today was smu, but I've just done another after the school run with a lighter sample and it's def negative sooo not sure what to think now. Will try again later.

View attachment 1115128 View attachment 1115129

they are very close hun. Keep testing today and tomorrow but I think you’re almost there. Would definitely get some bd in if you can

I'm in such a hard place right now.. I feel like we waited so long to even get the reversal (and forever to actually come to that decision) and now I'm on cycle 17 of actually ttc with nothing to show for it.. I feel so guilty complaining over 17 cycles when I know there are some out there that have tried for years, but the reality is that 17 cycles IS a long time too.

My husband basically refuses to see a Dr, and just wants to let nature take its course, but the Drs here won't normally do any fertility testing or treatments for women until the man has been ruled out (since male factor is easier to treat). Unless there's a valid reason to test her first.

The thing is, we know he is likely the main cause as his count and motility are still low (we did an at home test that shows video since he won't even go in to the dr for a proper analysis, it's ridiculous..) I don't have any reason to think there might be an issue on my end, but of course all the what ifs are going through my head...

I just feel like I'm stuck between feeling like this whole journey can't be for nothing, that everything happens when and how it's meant to, etc, and feeling like I may just have to accept that it's not meant to be.. I don't want to give up, but some days it feels like eventually I'll have to.. I never wanted a large age gap for my kids, but with each passing month that gap only grows bigger.

I wish my husband had been more open to the idea of adoption (or even embryo adoption) but unfortunately he isn't. He did eventually come around to the idea of an IUI but that wouldn't happen for a while yet as the catch there was me getting down to my goal weight (which means I still have about 40 lbs to lose) I know that can only help the chances but still..I know if I manage to get there he will just come up with another excuse/reason to stall. I hope we won't have to wait until then though. I'd love to get pregnant naturally but it doesn't look like it's going to happen...

He's been taking his supplements for about 2 months now, though has missed some days.. We have one more test left from our at home sperm test and I'm hoping I can convince him to take it, just to compare the two and see if there's been any changes, because at this point I feel so helpless. It doesn't help that my kids all talk about wanting a baby sister some day..(they of course don't know we are trying) it also sucks when people ask if you'll have another, or even just assume you, like them, are "so done having kids". I feel so helpless, I don't know what more I can do.

Sorry for the mopey post, but you all are the only ones I can vent to about this stuff. It's just such a lonely feeling, isn't it? Especially when your SO doesn't even get it! My husband very much has that "If it happens it happens, and if it doesnt it doesnt" attitude. But I know I'm not alone here... This long term thing is so hard! So for all of us that have been here a while, I sincerely hope our efforts pay off and that we all get healthy babies soon!

I totally get you hon.
Its just so emotionally and mentally draining month after month after month!
I have that I'll believe it when i see it kind of feeling.
Its just gotten to that point now where im on verge of giving up.
But deep down i dont want to give up on my rainbow.
I pray we both get very nice sticky BFP surprises no later than 10dpo and by 14dpo we have matching lines on our ICs followed by line stealers and a 3+ on a digi no later than 5+1 weeks.
Like with my sons.
Praying for full term healthy babies.

:dust:

I find just b4 my peak i get lines that get to matching from the 5 min mark.
But when its peak the test line comes up dark strait away.
I think your extremely close. I rekon the next teat you do will be peak hon.
I ovulated cd15.
We bded cd10 cd12 cd14(peak day) and cd15 (ovulation day)
We usually do day after too but didnt bother this cycle.

Hi lovely.
Hope you and your oh are ok. Its so lovely seeing you back again. But im so sorry ttc is on hold. Hope you can start again soon.

Is the equivalent of 2dpo hon? If so then were 2ww buddies. Oh lovely I really really hope we get sticky and healrhy rainbow :bfp:s when we test.
Fx fx fx :dust:
Yeah it's pretty much the same thing! I triggered on the night of the 16th, so ovulation most likely started the night of the 17th, and the IUI was the morning of the 18th. Praying we caught the egg and little bebe bean implants successfully!

I'm in such a hard place right now.. I feel like we waited so long to even get the reversal (and forever to actually come to that decision) and now I'm on cycle 17 of actually ttc with nothing to show for it.. I feel so guilty complaining over 17 cycles when I know there are some out there that have tried for years, but the reality is that 17 cycles IS a long time too.

My husband basically refuses to see a Dr, and just wants to let nature take its course, but the Drs here won't normally do any fertility testing or treatments for women until the man has been ruled out (since male factor is easier to treat). Unless there's a valid reason to test her first.

The thing is, we know he is likely the main cause as his count and motility are still low (we did an at home test that shows video since he won't even go in to the dr for a proper analysis, it's ridiculous..) I don't have any reason to think there might be an issue on my end, but of course all the what ifs are going through my head...

I just feel like I'm stuck between feeling like this whole journey can't be for nothing, that everything happens when and how it's meant to, etc, and feeling like I may just have to accept that it's not meant to be.. I don't want to give up, but some days it feels like eventually I'll have to.. I never wanted a large age gap for my kids, but with each passing month that gap only grows bigger.

I wish my husband had been more open to the idea of adoption (or even embryo adoption) but unfortunately he isn't. He did eventually come around to the idea of an IUI but that wouldn't happen for a while yet as the catch there was me getting down to my goal weight (which means I still have about 40 lbs to lose) I know that can only help the chances but still..I know if I manage to get there he will just come up with another excuse/reason to stall. I hope we won't have to wait until then though. I'd love to get pregnant naturally but it doesn't look like it's going to happen...

He's been taking his supplements for about 2 months now, though has missed some days.. We have one more test left from our at home sperm test and I'm hoping I can convince him to take it, just to compare the two and see if there's been any changes, because at this point I feel so helpless. It doesn't help that my kids all talk about wanting a baby sister some day..(they of course don't know we are trying) it also sucks when people ask if you'll have another, or even just assume you, like them, are "so done having kids". I feel so helpless, I don't know what more I can do.

Sorry for the mopey post, but you all are the only ones I can vent to about this stuff. It's just such a lonely feeling, isn't it? Especially when your SO doesn't even get it! My husband very much has that "If it happens it happens, and if it doesnt it doesnt" attitude. But I know I'm not alone here... This long term thing is so hard! So for all of us that have been here a while, I sincerely hope our efforts pay off and that we all get healthy babies soon!
I'm so sorry your husband isn't in board to go to the Dr. My husband has good count but low motility and IUI worked for us once so far. I would really recommend it. I'm sorry there's a goal weight you have to reach before doing it, I think it may be the best option in your situation.

My OH is the same way about getting tested he's 48 and says if it happens great. I was on the fence about continuing as it's almost been 2 years now of ttc and no healthy pregnancy/baby yet. We decided to continue till I can't or except that it may not be in the cards for us. So I'm giving it some more time. I hope it happens soon for all of us. Hugs !!

Looks very close @NightFlower!
Im not sure which day to call peak.. The top 2 yesterday and the bottom 4 all today starting from smu going through to evening, I will test again tomorrow but expect to see a negative by then just not sure wether to class today or yesterday as peak x

Screenshot_20230421-232121.png

@Pink.Rose I find it weird that he was obviously happy to/able to go to to the docs for the vasectomy and the reversal but doesn't want to know how well it's worked? So he's not scared of the docs as such. Do they not do a test as routine after to see if the reversal worked? He's done the hard part, the actual operation!

Men can be pretty stubborn though. In just over a week im dragging my oh off for his analysis lol

@Pink.Rose I find it weird that he was obviously happy to/able to go to to the docs for the vasectomy and the reversal but doesn't want to know how well it's worked? So he's not scared of the docs as such. Do they not do a test as routine after to see if the reversal worked? He's done the hard part, the actual operation!

They do yes but he's active duty and was away for training the month it was due, and when he came back we were preparing for an overseas move (which didn't happen, we ended up staying state side as our youngest has medical needs that couldn't be met where we were originally assigned) so he wanted to wait until we moved and then it just didn't happen..

But yes that's what I think about all the time, clearly he's ok with having another if he put himself through all that. I think he's just afraid of hurting his pride honestly. Like he doesn't want to be told he's the problem or something he almost never goes to the dr or takes medication for anything though, he just sucks it up. He's so weird. With some things he says "knowing won't change anything" and with others its more like "if I ignore it then its not real". He is absolutely stubborn and difficult.

Last edited:
This mornings opk was a definite negative so my surge is def over. It did seem quite long tho hoping that's a good sign. So I could be oving today or 1dpo!

@Pink.Rose
I feel you on everything you have writen.
My husband is the exact same. Refuses to get any tests done and wont even take anything to help.
His attitude is hes not the problem and theres nothing wrong with him.
He is so stubborn. He is also very much like if its meant to happen it will happen.
I know we been pregnant 3 times but all were losses and that could be down to my eggs being old or it could be his sperm. But there is no way he is ever going to get anything done.
He never ever goes to the doctors and he never takes any medicine. Even pain relief he only takes if he really badly needs it. He will be 48 on may 13th. Im 43 and my 44th is a week b4 xmas.
Im only 4dpo today but I already know im going to be getting BFN.
I just know deep down im not pregnant.
Next cycle will be cycle 15 so im not to far behind you.
Yes long term ttc is extremely hard. No one can understand unless they are going through it.
The endless BFNs just make you feel so hopeless.
Ive also resigning myself to the fact we probably wont be getting our rainbow.
Some will think oh how negative.
But its not negatively its hopelessness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->