MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Just a question, has anyone else had the flu and whooping cough injections?

I got the flu jab -sore arm for a few days but that was it - I am getting the whooping cough one too, not until 31st December though

I had my GTT today wasn't too bad, the waiting was boring but I had a TV to watch and they done my 28week appointment whilst I was there too, so that passed some time. Baby HR 161 Head down and measuring 27weeks (which is perfect for my dates lol) and my BP was perfect too, Think I may have an UTI though , just waiting confirmation and blood results now. Meantime drinking lots of water to flush out any infection :thumbup:

:happydance::happydance::happydance: Realised that my next appointment is after Xmas lol -then I am onto 3weekly appointments so I think time is about to speed up a LOT XXX

My whooping cough was today but I misssed it because I was aT the drs with my son. He's got a chest and ear infection. X
Hope my gtt comes back clear.

Poor wee soul hope he is better soon Donna xx

*****TMI ALERT ******

After weeks of abstinence, weeks - actually whole weeks maybe even going onto months lol.... me and hubby DTD last night and wow was it great -OMG!! Love how some sensations are heightened in pregnancy haha.... He was so worried about hurting my pelvis, and I was like I don't care, it will be worth being sore tomorrow haha.

And tbh I am sore regardless ;)

Just got some peptac for my heartburn and omg relief!! For five minutes probably but it has been awful all day. I have been very fortunate to have never suffered from heartburn ever before (bar one night in this pregnancy weeks ago, and that was very mild lol) so it is probably nothing compared to anyone else who suffers and I am just being a big baby, but it has been terrible - truly my heart goes out to any of you who suffer <3 hugs xxx

ha donna blesss u x
I get heartburn so bad it makes me sick up acid ! I have it every day and its worse at night . I had it bad with my son 2 x

~~~~ Wanted to ask...what have you ladies bought for your little one/s?~~
**I have to try my best not to buy all the cute little bodysuits!!!

we have everything, and I mean everything we need/want for her. found out she was a girl really early so bought all the clothes we need for the first year. bought all the equipment we need as we saw sales or found good second hand deals. just waiting on LO to get here to use it :flower:

I got told at the VBAC clinic to get as much prepared at home incase of a fast labour as the emergency services will never refuse to attend me if I am stuck at home. With dd2 being 2 and a half hours and dd3 1 and a half I am worried about not making it to hospital.

I do have another scan due at 34/36 weeks to see if the placenta has moved up, without knowing this I am worried about how things will go.

I know exactly how you feel! I had a surgery on my cervix and since then the damage from that has given me very fast labors. #5 was about 3 hours. #6 was 45 minutes. we barely made it with #6 and have been advised to call an ambulance when labor begins this time :wacko:

I had low lying placenta with #4 and it moved up enough to be ok. hope yours does too!

ha donna blesss u x
I get heartburn so bad it makes me sick up acid ! I have it every day and its worse at night . I had it bad with my son 2 x

ugh, I get heartburn every night. just in time for bed. boo. :(

I've got my glucose load test on thursday.... I'm mainly dreading drinking the lucozade on an empty stomach!

Had that done last week--that stuff is so disgusting--I made a mistake and returned to the clinic too late. I had to repeat the test the following day so, had that sugary orange drink twice!!!!:dohh: Thankfully, everything went well and don't tell anybody... shhhhhh...but I wanted to eat my favorite sweets when I got home since I didn't have a threat of having diabetes :blush:

hi ladies
I watched a tv show pregnancy and birth: the truth and I have to say Im scared now ... of the actual birth

Jesse your nursery is coming along nicely :flower: Im not doing a nursery will just reserve a corner in our bedroom for the baby

Did the same one day and actually watched several!! It can absolutely scare you. On one hand you know what to expect and on the other, YOU KNOW WHAT to expect:wacko:

We've been buying steady for baby to even out the costs. Got cloth diapers, video monitor, bathtub, breast feeding pillows, some bottles and a little bit of clothes....still need our travel system.

I passed by the flu shot and feel good with my decision.

I find my heartburn is when I eat too much so I've been trying to scale back. I feel like pregnancy is stArting to kick my ass :sleep:

WannAbubba I'm totally jealous. I hate sex now. My libido is zero, niltch, nada and it feels tight and uncomfortable and over sensitive and ugh...:growlmad:
I try to DTD atleast twice a week to keep my OH alive :haha: butt he whole time I'm waiting for it to finish. Faking any enjoyment just to speed things up, poor OH.

I miss my multiple orgasms and enjoyable sex life, I'm just praying it will return post baby.

We've been buying steady for baby to even out the costs. Got cloth diapers, video monitor, bathtub, breast feeding pillows, some bottles and a little bit of clothes....still need our travel system.

WannAbubba I'm totally jealous. I hate sex now. My libido is zero, niltch, nada and it feels tight and uncomfortable and over sensitive and ugh...:growlmad.....

SEX LIFE
I know how awful this can be!!! I experienced this the first three months of pregnancy. Thankfully, it came back while I was here in California only my husband was back in Italy:shrug: We'll have some romance this weekend when he's FINALLY in town. Hopefully it will be a good day for me because I have my down days when I feel like a horny 80 year old with occasional hemorrhoids, gas, back aches, and huge underwear!!!!

JessesGirl29, you just might go through another change and get your drive back :)

hi ladies

I wasnt in yesterday ... the memorial service of Nelson Mandela was yesterday and the roads were closed off

anyways Im also finding it hard to deal with heartburn ...

Me and DH DTD twice a week and I have to say Im really enjoying it now more than ever and so is he ... my vjj is also tight and afterwards its swollen ... sorry for TMI

One thing I hate though is oral sex now ... him performing on me its just to sensitive down there so Im always passing up on it LOL

We havent bought much yet for baby ... mainly clothes, blankets and diapers ... and I bought a walking ring from my brother second hand as his son hardly used it and I just put it away ... this month we're buying the dresser and bottles ...

Wow I moved up a block ... 3rd tri LOL

Morning girls, I haven't brought much either, but I do have quite a bit from my son.
His clothes are in his draws, just need washing etc.. I've got 3 sterlisers lol. I've got a bouncer and carseat, did have 2 bouncers but lost one moving ! Had a swing bt threw it out cuz I'm getting a new one, I've picked my pram but not buying that til feb, and I've got his crib just need a new matress and got his moses basket x

I have two bags of clothes for 3-6 & 6-9 months which my husband will have to take with him to Italy. I'm promising myself not to buy anything else until the baby shower in January --- everything is so cute that I can't help it! Also, things are so expensive in Italy so, it's tempting to buy things now ;( I did buy a breast pump that was on sale. I'll just wait and see if I'll need it, otherwise I'll just return it.

my baby is kicking me in my right rib and it hurts like hell ...

I fractured my rib in 2006 ... I fell in the bath

gosh it hurts so much feels like I can cry

i truly apologize for only introducing myself now, i am Nancy from South Africa, i m 24 and this is my firs child and we are team blue

sorry i clicked post by mistake:flower: i just found out that i will be delivering in March by cesarian..so the have changed my due date from April to March...i am happy to be part of this thread..i hope you will welcome me with warm hands...:blush:

sorry i clicked post by mistake:flower: i just found out that i will be delivering in March by cesarian..so the have changed my due date from April to March...i am happy to be part of this thread..i hope you will welcome me with warm hands...:blush:

Welcome to the March group and congrats on your baby xxx Hope you are keeping well :hugs:

my baby is kicking me in my right rib and it hurts like hell ...

I fractured my rib in 2006 ... I fell in the bath

gosh it hurts so much feels like I can cry

Aw that sounds painful -poor you -hope baby moves soon :hugs:

Me and DH DTD twice a week and I have to say Im really enjoying it now more than ever and so is he ... my vjj is also tight and afterwards its swollen ... sorry for TMI

We havent bought much yet for baby ... mainly clothes, blankets and diapers ... and I bought a walking ring from my brother second hand as his son hardly used it and I just put it away ... this month we're buying the dresser and bottles ...

Wow I moved up a block ... 3rd tri LOL

Yep SWOLLEN here too lol -glad it is not only me :blush::blush:
Congrats on reaching the next box on the ticker YAY!! Third tri
:happydance::happydance:

I have bought a few sleepsuits, vests cardigans and a couple of outfits in neutral colours size newborn and 0-3months. I have a whole suitcase full of baby boy stuff, newborn thru to a year (and then another case of bigger stuff for later if needed haha) but will need to shop if we get a girly :winkwink: I bought a vibrating chair, a Moses basket, a pram, a baby bath, top n tail bowl and a couple of towels, a few sheets and blankets and about 20 cloth nappies and a nappy bucket lol - we don't do showers here and will probably get clothes as gifts rather than anything else so I needed to be organised with the bigger things. Have my car seat from last time, which fits my new chassis and had my steriliser and breast pump already from last time too

Still need to buy some disposable newborn size nappies -for those early meconium days, maternity pads breast pads and after baby is here I will buy a cot and a highchair :thumbup:

xxxx

We still have a good sex life but I do miss different positions to be honest.

I had the whopping cough and flu vaccine the same day, one in each arm. My right was swollen red and itchy for a few days which was the whooping cough one. Its fine now but did get me a little worried.

Got my results back today by letter for the GTT - all normal (I dont often get called that lol)
In case anyone is interested:
Fasting glucose of 4.4 mmols
2 hours post of 5.9 mmols

So thats all good.
Midwife tomorrow kind of looking forward to seeing her as it seems ages ago that I last did.

Had dd2 sent home from school yesterday, she has a throat virus but is well enough to just have paracetamol and is fine for school today, which is great.

Just washed my hall and living room carpets, man that vax is getting heavy! Or I'm getting weak...

Take care everyone, cant believe how close to the end we're getting!

I.want.sleep. My back hurts so much that I can't sleep. I'm living on Tylenol. I'm officially thinking I have a pinched nerve, instead of little man laying on it. He just moves waaaay too much, you'd think he'd have rolled off it by now?? I'm not normally one to complain about pain, but nothing is giving me relief! Even the Tylenol only lasts a few hours. (I took some about 3 hours ago and just woke back up due to pain) I'm praying the doctor will be able to tell me something at my appointment in 5 days bc I can't keep taking Tylenol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->