March 28th Due Date Buddies?

I don't have a clue how big this baby is - I had a c-section last time so my consultant sent me for a growth scan to see if I can deliver this baby naturally or not! If he's too big I will have to have another section :(

Yay for girls too!! I would have been happy either way :)

I had a growth scan last week , baby was already at 4lb 13oz!!!:dohh: I am still trying for my VBAC :thumbup:

Hi meandmrb2011,

Glad all is well. I was wondering what happened to ya!!! Nevertheless, we are team pink and expecting a girl. We would've been very happy either way. But we are very thrilled as we have two boys already. This pregnancy has been very challenging and I really can't believe we are moving along, although I wish I could seriously go to sleep and awaken at 37 weeks or so. I'm really so done. I can barely move sometimes, heartburn, acid reflux, spd, vomiting, just to name a few. I lost almost 10 pounds due to vomiting and not being able to eat for almost a week. I was dehydrated and given fluids amd meds to stop it. Ugghhhhh. Enough of my ranting. Congrats on being team pink. My little chica is my avatar. I'm having another 3D/4D soon can't wait to see how much she has grown. Me and her bags are packed. Oh the anticipation.

Aww you poor thing :hugs: I hope it gets a bit easier for you xx I loved my 4d scan , your babes is very cute!!!xx

I feel for you Lexus!

I want a vbac too. Got my consultant app at 36 weeks and unless they really strongly advise otherwise I'm going to stress that I would like a natural birth!

Thanks ladies! Trust me, I'm counting down EVERY chance I get!!!!!

meandmrb2011, that's a hefty weight for your LO. Since you want a vbac are they planning on inducing if LO gets too big? I have big babies too. But we shall see with this one. She's measuring ahead but I'm unsure if she will be as big as my boys, can't wait to see. What do you have already? Two girls?

Good luck and prayers for both of you for your vbac!

They don't seem too concerned. The general feeling is I will go early anyway as I am already pretty "full" with big baby and I have too much water. Also the progesterone shots they put me on at 16wks (baby two was a preemie) I had to stop at 31wks due to a developed allergy!! So I am just waiting and we will see what happens . I think most women go between 2-4weeks after stopping the shot !! It is all quiet on the Western front for now though !! :thumbup: how are you all doing , any plans this weekend?xxx

They don't seem too concerned. The general feeling is I will go early anyway as I am already pretty "full" with big baby and I have too much water. Also the progesterone shots they put me on at 16wks (baby two was a preemie) I had to stop at 31wks due to a developed allergy!! So I am just waiting and we will see what happens . I think most women go between 2-4weeks after stopping the shot !! It is all quiet on the Western front for now though !! :thumbup: how are you all doing , any plans this weekend?xxx

Church this morning and I had a family get together or "baby shower" yesterday. It was pretty fun. I wish you luck with everything. Gosh, I'm so jealous. So I'll be waiting for you as you may deliver before the group. So exciting! Is this your third daughter?

Church this morning and I had a family get together or "baby shower" yesterday. It was pretty fun. I wish you luck with everything. Gosh, I'm so jealous. So I'll be waiting for you as you may deliver before the group. So exciting! Is this your third daughter?

Knowing me I shall defy every odd and carry this baby to term and just be the size of an elephant instead !!! :haha: this is my 2nd girl , #1 was a boy :thumbup:

I'm sure everything will be fine! I'm sure looking for this month to be over with. I'm so excited! Does everybody have everything they need for baby or their bags packed?

I've got everything to put in the bag but not actually packed it yet.

For the baby, just need some more sleepsuits but got everything else. It's funny how much more relaxed I am this time around, as a first time mum I overthought everything lol.

Ive got a pile of things that ned to go in the bag. ..but it isn't packed yet!

Talking of bags girls , what have you packed in yours? Maybe we can share good ideas , This is what I have in mine...

Big fluffy dressing gown/robe.
Slippers.
Three pairs pjs. (just in case I stay in for longer)
Disposable underwear. (for labour & the first few heavy lochia loss days)
Undies & socks.
Maternity pads.
Breast pads.
Nursing bra x 2.
Cheap nightshirt to labour in.
Pack of nappies/diapers.
Pack of wipes.
Homecoming outfit for baby.
Two sleep suit/vest sets for baby.
Hats,socks,mitts,bootees for baby.
Packet Dextrose glucose tablets x2 (labour energy!)
Belvita breakfast biscuits (great for energy & light!)
Labour massage oil.
Hypnobirthing & relaxing music.
Toiletries.
Good lip balm.
Lucozade isotonic (like Gatorade!)

Umm , I think that's it !!!! Oh and I have the sweetest little fairy rag doll for baby!!!xx

Some great ideas mrsb! I find out in the next couple of weeks if I get a vbac or not, so I'm waiting to finalise my bag as I'll need different stuff depending. My basics are:

Dressing gown
Night shirt
Cheap undies
Maternity pads
Nursing pads
Nursing bra
Nappies
Wipes
2 sleepsuits and 2 vests
Home outfit for baby and me
Camera, fully charged
Lip balm
Socks
Tens machine

Great idea about the energy foods, I think it really helped contribute to my c section last time that I hadn't eaten for 24 hours and had vomited my last meals back up, plus all my water. I had an epidural in me for the last 12 hours and ate and drank nothing during that time. I read that sweet oatmeal is a good idea, apparently they call it the 'midwives pethidine' so I'll probably find some biscuits or something with it in.

Ok wow let's see to sum it up, my bag contains:

Toiletries (deodorant, body wash, body scrubber, face wash, towels, maternity pads, body spray, cooling spray for vaginal area, cooling wipes for vag. area etc.)
Disposable undies
Hard candy
A robe
bras
under shirts
makeup bag
lip balm
Toothbrush etc.
Mouthwash
4 nighties
4 day outfits
shoes
slippers only for hospital that I will throw away once I leave
4 cute socks
My tablet
Camera
SD card
My own personal hospital gowns (2) and matching dress and baby matching outfit

My baby's bag contains:

two cute outfits for pictures
booties and made hat
another set of booties
socks
pink and black zebra teddy for her
diapers
wipes
3 hats
2 blankets
4 hats
Baby lotion
Baby powder
Baby body wash
Naval cord care kit

That's all I can think of for now, but I think I covered both our entire bags! I'm pretty sure we are set for everything. Besides her car seat sitting in the room. Oh the anticipation!!!!!

The only other thing that's not packed is my extra cell battery and charger, I will get that at the last minute!!!

I'm fairly certain you all are going to be way more prepared than me. I heard the hospital supplies diapers/wipes/etc. on different list suggestions so wasn't too worried about being prepared in that region.

For baby:
2 layette sets (one newborn, one 0-3)
2 coming home outfits (one newborn, one 0-3)
hat
mittens
2 pair socks
a little pack of wipes
10 diapers: 5 newborn, 5 size 1
baby lotion
swaddle blanket
2 bibs

Me:
nursing pillow
2 nursing tanks
nursing bra
breast pads
pads
lanolin
2 pair of PJ bottoms (one will be worn to come home)
a cotton dress with easy boob and "area" access
robe
flip flops
socks
toiletries
one regular tank
...think that's it?

Also packed the hubs a toothbrush, deodorant, razor, and change of clothes (incase he has to come straight from work).

So... Had my vbac appointment on Thursday and looks like I will get to labour! Hooray! My consultant tried to tell me I had cpd (small pelvis) but as my midwife said, there is no real way of knowing without physically measuring it. Isabelle was back to back so that probably explains why she got stuck as I was pushing her out.

Anyway, on with the bag packing!! Forgot to mention I will be taking some tiny baby clothes as Isabelle only weighed 5lb15 at 39 weeks! All the newborn stuff was ridiculously big on her.

Yep!! Although I know when I get the contractions I'll be wishing I listened to my consultant and just went for the section lol.

So... Had my vbac appointment on Thursday and looks like I will get to labour! Hooray! My consultant tried to tell me I had cpd (small pelvis) but as my midwife said, there is no real way of knowing without physically measuring it. Isabelle was back to back so that probably explains why she got stuck as I was pushing her out.

Anyway, on with the bag packing!! Forgot to mention I will be taking some tiny baby clothes as Isabelle only weighed 5lb15 at 39 weeks! All the newborn stuff was ridiculously big on her.

YaaaaY ..... Hoping it all goes well , no no no , it WILL go well for you :hugs: how exciting :happydance:

Yep!! Although I know when I get the contractions I'll be wishing I listened to my consultant and just went for the section lol.

Lol, everything will be fine! I must admit though, since I have my babies natural with absolutely no pain meds, I have been thinking about the pain lately!!!!! So not looking forward to that part! But, look on the bright side at least it doesn't last forever......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->