march/April babies?

Sleep suits id say but i call the all in one jackets lol im in the UK to they have weird names for things dont they. I have jackets/coat for her i have all in ones aswell as the normal jackey without the legs and feet attached. i'd have a blanket on her to not a thick one but one that shall keep her cosy and warm :)

I just relized your still an eggplant at 28 weeks i thought i would have changed:( as that would be 4 weeks of that now right boo

Thanks cherrybump it's all very confusing lol!! Sounds like a good idea having a selection - gives me a good excuse to keep shopping too!!

I know I was gutted I thought my egg plant would change :( must be next week.... I miss my weekly fruit lol!

Hope everyone is ok!

Nimbec it is such an annoying time of year (weather wise!) that we are due isn't it?! I bought one of these
https://www.next.co.uk/x51884s7#138571x51
But dh refused to let me get 0-3 months so it will last for about two minutes :dohh: (I plan to chop the wee feet off and hem the ends if it gets grown out of too quickly). Other than that I think vest, sleepsuit, cardigan and blankets depending on weather. Which, in all honesty, could be anything from 20 degrees in mid April to 4 degrees at any point :dohh:

Question for all: I have a hospital appointment at 34 weeks. You don't get scanned then do you?

Doggylover that is absolutely adorable!!!! Yes it's a mine field weather wise although one thing is for sure I live in Wales so it WILL rain most days lol lol!!

I have apps every 2/3 weeks and am scanned at all now until I give birth...not sure i that's cos I'm high risk or just routine under consultant care... Hope your ok!

Nimbec it is such an annoying time of year (weather wise!) that we are due isn't it?! I bought one of these
But dh refused to let me get 0-3 months so it will last for about two minutes :dohh: (I plan to chop the wee feet off and hem the ends if it gets grown out of too quickly). Other than that I think vest, sleepsuit, cardigan and blankets depending on weather. Which, in all honesty, could be anything from 20 degrees in mid April to 4 degrees at any point :dohh:

Question for all: I have a hospital appointment at 34 weeks. You don't get scanned then do you?

I got this suit too! I think I got it up to 1 month in size... Thought that was a compromise! It's very cute :)

My doc wont scan at all anymore (unless something happens that raises concern) :nope:

I'm now doubly jealous! Apparently they seem to be out of stock online so I may have to make a shopping trip ;)

I'm in Australia & the weather can vary from 40 degrees to a mild 25 so Ive bought clothes to suit both. March must be an unpredictable month for weather everywhere :shrug:

I think it changes to a squash at 29 weeks. I live in a 1 bed house so no nursery for us. We are trying to sell but no luck, stupid hs2. We should be ok here until he gets mobile though. Kind of wish I'd never bought this house now, but I was so proud of myself at the time.

Our nursery is all done yay and we have loads of clothes right up to 12-18months as a lady I work with just gave us all her all boy clothes!

Thats good news steph. I got called up to HR today to discuss what my maternity pay is. Ill be getting 120 a week which i work out to be 480 a month which is good for me as im part time and only get 530 anyways plus ill be getting help filling in those forms for child benfit and child tax credit so there is little extra cash there and i get the 120 a week for the full year im off :). Was very pleased :)

I dont have another spare room to make a nursery but i am bidding to get another flat for me and baby so Ryan can keep this house lol.

I do feel the same about the forums thing they need one for in the middle of second and third. Labor scares me an reading there stories doesnt help much lol but i do read there birth stories lol really shouldnt xxx

How are you getting maternity pay for 12 months I thought it was only paid for 9?

Mrs bump I'm sure you have a lovely 1 bed house and bubs won't know any different. She/He will have his own part of your room so don't stress and just think there is far less room too make a mess :)

I don't get any maternity pay as I'm self employed and have been off sick due to hypermemesis and have not met the required number of hours worked in the last 6 months grrrrr stupid as before that I worked more than full time and have paid all my taxes :(

Aw that sucks nimbec!! Its rubbish how benefits systems work isnt it sometimes?

I agree with a pp's question about 12 months maternity pay, I thought it was only 9 months, unless of course your employer is paying it which is very nice of them.

Steph, glad you got your mat pay sorted. I'm doing the same but am taking my holidays before mat leave rather than after coz my employers dont pay up any holiday you have accrued if you leave so I figured I'd best take them now and then I can finish early too!!

Hi all the other ladies that have joined!! :hi: I agree with everyone about being in limbo with the forums, weirdly all the 2nd tri posts are about the beginning of 2nd tri, and all the 3rd tri posts are about the end of the 3rd tri!!
Oh and I am so jealous of all you ladies who's nurseries are all finished!! I have got so much to do!! We do have the moses basket ready though for when she arrives and clothes and nappies etc as well as a car seat so we have everything that is absolutely necessary thankfully!!! My df is somewhat of a procrastinator and likes to use the phrase "I'll do it tomorrow". I'm yet to see this magical day "tomorrow" as it never comes!!! And theres only so much I can do on my own, I cant order the crib yet as we have a double bed in our spare room that needs moving. Think I need to get a rocket up his bum lol.

Is anyone else at a point where they give up trying to sleep properly?? If its not toilet trips, its hip pain or back ache, and otherwise I find I am just wide awake!!! I know they say we need to get used to this but its so hard working a 1o hour shift, on my feet all day pushing wheelchairs etc, when you are growing a human being and have only had 2 hours sleep lol!

Bailey- I can totally relate. I just can't get comfortable. There have been so many nights where it's like 2-4 hrs sleep then I go work a 12 hour shift at an ER. And I'm thinking "yes I'm trying to listen to your dumb complaint but I can't keep my eyes open or think straight"

Regarding mat leave, that's AWESOME you all get 9 months! My employer will pay 50% of my pay for 6 weeks. Then I'm allowed another 6 weeks of no pay based on the federal law. That's fairly common for the US tho. (And they wonder why ppl don't breast feed for long enough)

Yeah I've heard that mat leave in the US really sucks!! We are quite lucky over here in that way I guess.
I find myself spacing out at work sometimes and quite often have no idea what I was in the middle of doing from being so tired! It's a good job my colleaugues are pretty understanding and helpful.

It definitely seems like we ladies in the uk get a great deal on maternity leave.

I'm counting down until mine - 8 weeks yesterday, or 40 working days....OR 36 teaching days :haha:

baileybubs I know exactly what you mean about the sleep thing! I have 2 kids already and as soon as they are in bed I'm usually only up for 30 minutes more before I need to crash but I have an inflammation of all the cartilidge around my ribs and sterum (costachondritis) it's meant to be common in pregnancy if you get big too fast or caused by a virus, I'm not sure what mine is caused by but it's so painful to lay on my side because my chest gets squished and I'm not meant to sleep on my back lol.. then I'm up at half six int he morning to get the kids ready and do the school run :( Sucks!!

I'm scared to start my nursery too early in case something bad happens, my mum keeps telling me it's bad luck and I think that's why I'm so scared. I'm going to hold off until 30 weeks at least but my nesting instinct has already kicked in x

Baileybubs I'm so the same with sleep grrrrrr!! I guess it's our bodies way of preparing us?! My nursery is nearly finished I have a few essential items missing still tho!

Hi Ukgirl & Doggylover and all new people !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->