march/April babies?

Welcome to all, whether officially in third tri or not ;) I know how you feel, as someone mentioned all the second tri threads seem to be early in second tri, and all these third tri ones are terrifying "I'm in labour!" Threads! That just seems forever away for me!

We have all our main bits and bobs, and next week we are getting the paint for the nursery :happydance:

Hi new ladies :wave:

Hmm I'm thinking storage boxes inside Los wardrobe too, maybe just down one side so I still have hanging room.

Can't remember who has peeling wall paper but I understand! Oh has fixed the damp but some areas are still without paper, I have a fire surround that needs tiling and a fire to go in it (thankfully its just for an electric one and not an open chimney) and other bits and bobs. Fir now so long as the tools are away and it's functional I will be happy, now the rails in the walk in wardrobe are up! I was really looking forward to some new bedding the mil was getting for the bed which would of been nice but typically its sold out and out of stock! Been searching for months too!

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well this fine Monday morning! DH and I started on the wall decals for the nursery yesterday, it's a bigger job than we thought! Hopefully we can get it done in the next 2 days, along with hanging the curtains! Then we're pretty much done. I just want to shampoo the rug too and have to wait for the cot which should be done being refurbished this week. We' holding off on buying anything else until my baby shower. I have no idea when that is, but I do know its not in the next 3 weeks! We have most of the essentials anyway.

Other than that no news really. I've lost 2kg since coming back from holiday, that's not a bad thing is it? I'm not dieting, just eating healthy. And I eat pretty much all day long, just lots of fruit, dried fruit and salad...

Me, we are getting our whole bedroom replastered and recarpeted at the same time, I'm staying at my mum's for a week to give me a bit of a break! Looking forward to a nice new room though.

Our nursery is yellow fortunately so neutral colours seeing as they will be sharing for a couple of years.

We went yesterday and got paint for the kitchen,the stairs and hallway and the nursary... We hav ordered wallpaper for the nursary thts coming in march with our furniture, we're team blue so we're doing it beige decor and blue bedding... Doin a star and whale theme if tht goes lol..xx

If due early April but will most likely have a planned csection around the middle of march

Happy Monday ladies!

Hi Cheryl :hi:

Well I've ordered some wall stickers for the nursery (Winnie the pooh ones) which I'm hoping look ok, rather than wallpapering. We are gonna paint the walls lemon yellow sometime in the next few weeks and those stickers will go on one wall making it a feature wall.
For the moment we have a Moses basket and figure she'll sleep in our room for the first few months so I don't know whether to get rid of the spare bed that's in there yet and hold off on getting the cotbed. What do you ladies think?

Any UK ladies had their whooping cough vaccination? Got mine in half an hour, hope my arm doesn't ache too much!

We've also gone with wall stickers, looking great so far! When we are done it'll look like the pic I've attached. I'm too excited!! The baby's room is quite massive, so I'm keeping a single bed in ther for me to sleep on if nights get crazy, so I'm close to the little guy. We also have another cot in our bedroom which is where he'll be initially I think, or on weekends or nights when hubby doesn't need his sleep too much :haha:

Attachments

• il_570xN_352802856_1ceh.jpg
    il_570xN_352802856_1ceh.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 5
I had my whooping cough jab 2 weeks ago, my arm did ache for a couple of days afterwards but that was the only side effect.

Oh I am getting a wall decal too! We are having light green/duck egg walls, and then this wall decal. It's stupidly expensive (IMO!) but i have loved it since I saw it, before I was pregnant, so I am having it no matter what :haha:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/929050..._type=all&ga_facet=wall+decal+elephant+monkey

Not sure whether to get the elephant in grey though in case he blends into the greeny walls too much!?

OH!! How gorgeous DoggyLover!!! I think it depends on the greeny colour of the wall, but I do love the Elephant in blue!!!

We also bought our decals from Etsy :happydance: Pretty pricey but we didn't have to buy a cot coz we have two hand-me-downs, so I figured it was worth it! Of course they had to ship it so South Africa for us, but it was totally worth it!!

i had my jab for whooping cough last week my arm was sore and stiff for about 2 days then ended up getting a cold after which made sleeping even harder.
so jelous of all you ladies decorating your baby's room. living in marriage quarters so decorating for us would be a waste of money as we'd just have to paint back over it anyways. we do have some wall stickers though.

Here's our room wall decal

https://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/katy_robert/6E727C1C-0A57-4B2F-8AC1-A748B33FF023-404-00000047227B13A6.jpg

OH!! How gorgeous DoggyLover!!! I think it depends on the greeny colour of the wall, but I do love the Elephant in blue!!!

We also bought our decals from Etsy :happydance: Pretty pricey but we didn't have to buy a cot coz we have two hand-me-downs, so I figured it was worth it! Of course they had to ship it so South Africa for us, but it was totally worth it!!

Etsy have the most gorgeous stuff! I agree it's definitely worth it! Plus our cot is only £60 from Ikea, so saving on that too! My brother nearly had a heart attack at the price, but when I reminded him that he paid £800 for his nursery furniture, and even with our wall decal our total will be under £500 he hadn't a leg to stand on :haha:

Baileybubs - I had mine on Thursday and boy did my arm ache! It only really stopped yesterday!

This is in my daughters bedroom from when we set her nursery up, it was so cute the other day as she noticed it and said "oo it's got tigers on it!"

https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk23/Nij48/DSCF4063.jpg
The boarder, the walls are actually magnolia, but the light in the room made the camera go a bit fuzzy.

Hey bailey :wave: lemon with stickers sound nice.. I need to book my whooping cough vaccine xx

All ur ladies wall ideas makes my paper seem boring, I wanted to do something like you ladies but hubby loved the star paper we hav ordered. X

Hi ladies :wave:

Im sneaking over a little early i hope you dont mind :)

We are keeping our white walls and planning on having Zeddy and Parsnip border with a wall sticker of a tree - i think this one is cute and hopefully not too girly for our little man :D

https://www.beckyandlolo.co.uk/scroll-tree-wall-stickers

smanderson: I feel like we are all sneaking in early! lol, the decal is so cute!!

I feel like we are the only ones who haven't gotten ANYTHING, not one single thing for our bubs. We are having a baby shower early March and were gonna buy stuff after that seeing what other ppl got. Also our lease is up day after my DD and we are moving on the same property in larger apartment so everything we buy is gonna stay in boxes till we can set it up in the new place.

smanderson: I feel like we are all sneaking in early! lol, the decal is so cute!!

I feel like we are the only ones who haven't gotten ANYTHING, not one single thing for our bubs. We are having a baby shower early March and were gonna buy stuff after that seeing what other ppl got. Also our lease is up day after my DD and we are moving on the same property in larger apartment so everything we buy is gonna stay in boxes till we can set it up in the new place.

LOL i know :haha: but whats a week or two between friends :flower: Thanks hun i love it and hopefully it will brighten up his room :dust:

Dont worry hun, as long as you have a few essentials you can buy everything else once you move :flower:

Smanderson I absolutely love that wall decal! I have seen it (or very similar) before and it's truly gorgeous!

Doll face I don't know how you can control yourself! I hate shopping, but have gone a bit mad in the last6 weeks buying almost everything:blush: I admire your willpower!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->