march/April babies?

Thats good news steph. I got called up to HR today to discuss what my maternity pay is. Ill be getting 120 a week which i work out to be 480 a month which is good for me as im part time and only get 530 anyways plus ill be getting help filling in those forms for child benfit and child tax credit so there is little extra cash there and i get the 120 a week for the full year im off :). Was very pleased :)

I dont have another spare room to make a nursery but i am bidding to get another flat for me and baby so Ryan can keep this house lol.

I do feel the same about the forums thing they need one for in the middle of second and third. Labor scares me an reading there stories doesnt help much lol but i do read there birth stories lol really shouldnt xxx

How are you getting maternity pay for 12 months I thought it was only paid for 9?

Um depends on your employer i guess i dunno but i work part time and i put down that ill be taking the year off and i got my mat1 form and handed it in. If you work ask your employer. But i think some places only pay maternity pay for a few week to 6months. you can also google maternity allowance your will be more info on there

Nimbec : I'd recommend lots of layers, then you can add and remove. especially that time of year when it can be cold yet then get mild or something. I used to still pop LO in a cardy / jumper and coat and then have blankets as well. Good luck next week with the op :flower:

I dunno, I'm not so phased with the 3rd tri forum, maybe because I have been there before, I know some other here have as well but you know, I feel like it will soon be here and time is quickly running out, I have so much to do before baby gets here, not just baby wise, so I think that is rushing my time away!!

We don't have a nursery either, baby and my daughter will have to share eventually - we need a loft conversion so that's waaaaaaaaaaay in the future! For a bit baby will be in with us, they have a wardrobe just for them which i'm making all nice for them. Got the new changing mat delivered today which got me all excited.

Can I join in? I just arrived in third tri and am due April 10th. Does not feel like I should be in the 3rd tri yet am I am still nervous about everything but glad the baby seems to be doing well.

We have not picked out a name yet. Boys names are so tricky!

Welcome etoiles! I know the feeling!

Thanks Kte good thinking!!

I've been nesting today hehe faffing about in the nursery looking at baby clothes organising in to piles of size and sleeve length tee Hee. Partner thinks I'm mad!!

Hi ladies! Due 21st March. I couldn't wait to join third tri actually, I'm fed up with pregnancy this time around and just want to meet my little boy! It will be us discussing labour signs before we know it :)

To the lady who's self employed and doesn't get maternity pay - are you sure hun? You don't have to submit any hours worked or earnings. All you need to qualify is to have been registered as self employed for 6 months and to have paid 13 weeks of NIC. if you've been in hospital not working then they wouldn't know, unless you mean you didn't pay your contributions during this time? If you're not up to date with them, I'm sure you can pay them in arrears anyway. Please check!

Our nursery is all done as LO will be in our room to start and then sharing with Isabelle for a bit. We're getting our room decorated in a few weeks as we had damp and the wallpaper is peeling off, icky! Not what I want to be looking at while recovering from childbirth!

Hi Littlelady it was me talking bout maternity allowance.....my tx return is just going in and i'm sure i'm upto date with NI because I had to be to claim my sick pay while i have been off......so I will call them again to check!!

I can't wait to meet bubs either! but still have a few essentials to get!

Def get the wallpaper done, you will be staring at it for many hours after the new arrival! lol

I'm finding it hard to belive once its gone midnight i'll have 10 weeks left. started getting bits for my hospital bag today. i have all babys stuff for the bag just have to pack it. i have 7 weeks left at work, one person thinks i'll end up going into labour at work, i'm hoping not, what worries me is the fact that she was the one that told me i was pregnant and she's been saying since i found out i was pregnant that its a boy. i'm hoping shes not going to be right about that as well.

We started sorting baby clothes yesterday and got a stack of things for the hospital bag put aside :)

I too have started getting bits for my hospital bag.

I only have three weeks left of work and then I can start Mat leave. The first two weeks are A/L then I will get 6 weeks at 90% before I'll be poor lol.

I'm not going back to my current job after Maternity leave but will have to look for something else.

Off to see Midwife this morning for my 31 week check.

Good luck! My 31 week check is at 33 weeks because my midwife can't count lol.

ooooo ukgirl....

i was started sorted out baby clothes last night. as we live in a one bedroom flat i dont have much space so i bought one of those plastic drawer things like a storage box stack. i just fitted all her things in. x

Im getting those plastic storage drawers to go in my wardrobe for babies things too we rent a small 2 bed flat so need as much space as possiblex

they are super handy. im going to buy few under the bed storage boxes to as ive got 3-6months stuff lol they wont fit in the drawers:(

I've got to have a scan this week as baby is measuring small also small bit of sugar in my urine. Other than that BP and heartbeat was fine.

Hi ladies is it ok if I join you ladies 2 days early I feel like I don't fit in on the 2nd Tri anymore, I'm due the 16th April... Everyone getting organised??xxx

Hey Cheryl welcome to third tri :)x

I know Cherry from another thread and hi to the rest of your ladies. I am 2 weeks early slowly creeping on this thread cause I really can't relate to anything in second tri anymore!
So Hola =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"