march/April babies?

Also, I thought I was very ahead of the crowd with my wall decal....clearly I am just keeping up with the trends :haha:

Thanks doggy i love how bright it is :flower: i hope it will be ok for a boys room :thumbup:

Haha i missed your post Sm lol. Sorry trying to read from this laptop ive tried to turn the brightest own but it wont go no darker lol

LOL Cherry, I snuck over early tee hee :haha: shame your laptop is playing up, mine keeps turning off - annoying :dohh:

Thanks doggy, LOL no pink walls :haha: we are keeping the room white with grey skirting board (chosen by hubby) and i chose the wall sticker and Zeddy and parsnip border haha im such a girl LOL

Smanderson, that is gorgeous!! I don't think it's too girly at all, especially with the colours you are doing in the room. It's going to be fabulous, you MUST put up a pic when its done!

Dogglove, I also thought I was doing something very 'different' with the wall decal, turns out I'm just cool like all the other kids :rofl: But seriously, I haven't seen any of my friends kids rooms with decals, so I'm going to keep on feeling a little chuffed with myself if that's ok :haha:

We got another tree up last night, so that's 3 out of 6. Think we're on track for finishing this week! My biggest probelm at the moment though, is that I don't have any pyjamas for the hospital. Like, none. So I'm going to try and correct that today. Also, I need bigger panties, mine still fit but I have a bit of SPD and I want some bigger ones so that I know for sure it's the SPD that's hurting and not my underwear digging into me! :blush:

Dogglove, I also thought I was doing something very 'different' with the wall decal, turns out I'm just cool like all the other kids :rofl: But seriously, I haven't seen any of my friends kids rooms with decals, so I'm going to keep on feeling a little chuffed with myself if that's ok :haha:

I think I will do the same :rofl: None of my family or close friends had even heard of wall decals...we must all be very behind the times! So I will also continue to feel a little chuffed with myself!!!

I hadn't seen many people doing wall decals either but looks like there are :haha:!

We've kept the nursery all white except one wall and then we bought the matching blind (blackout too ;))

I'll try and get an updated picture of her room tonight but I just keep forgetting. Here's a picture of it just after it was wallpapered and what we're planning on the main wall looking like...

Attachments

• EvaRoom.jpg
    EvaRoom.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
  • wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4
I have seen a few of these wall decals on eBay too at cheaper prices so you guys should check them out if you haven't already bought them. I bought mine from eBay for under £10!! Hopefully it looks as good as it does in the picture but if it doesn't then it's only £10 wasted!

Cheryl - I love the sound of your star wallpaper!

Who said they got a cot for £60 from ikea?? That's soooo cheap!!!
I have seen a cotbed on Amazon that I am going to get that's £145 with the mattress. Still don't know if I should hold back on buying it yet though as I don't want to get rid of the spare bed yet.....hmmmm.
The only thing I really NEED now is the pram and car seat. My brother has allegedly got us a car seat but its second hand and the woman he's got it off is now not replying to his messages so I don't want to get a pram/travel system without a car seat just yet!

What pram had everyone got? My car is teeny tiny and so I really need one that folds up pretty small (and easily!!).

We set up the 'BabyPlan' deal with Mothercare when I was about 13 weeks.. You can pay off as much/little as you want, when you want and you get up until 2 weeks before you're due to pay it off. Also, if you change your mind on the pram you can just swap. If you change your mind altogether and decide you don't want to buy from them, you just lose £10.

So we started off with Silver Cross Linear Freeway (in grey though) - Pram/pushchair and carseat all for £425:

https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyPX-JoHOs9BkmQSbwlamJWZSQGuQCHJmr4f3zdmyxWuWj29F3

Then changed to Quinny Buzz - Pushchair and carseat for £445 (+ would have had to pay an extra £160 for carrycot):

https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9s1yoaCLiN3vr8a_hIMsbrnq_g2dzSxXtE0TovRHL6kA_z0vv

But are now debating changing to the Jane Muum Matrix Lightweight 2 - everything in the picture for £449 (can't decide between green or red though):

https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFVm-PzDCwuIegsknUQD0rQ9kbg51bHo0aruLLKz3YmNebccchhttps://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTle1WUJ39_dGSy0O6H_hCS_y8uXPuX5Nuf0gUaVixDH0XiGDa3kg

:shy: The ladies in Mothercare think I'm crazy but if a better pram/pushchair gets put on sale and I can get more/better for my money, why wouldn't I go for it?!

What pram had everyone got? My car is teeny tiny and so I really need one that folds up pretty small (and easily!!).

Afraid I can't help there! My DH and I both have really big cars, so we bought my dream travel system, the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe, which includes a car seat, carry basket and car seat base. It's pretty big but folds down really easily (one hand!!) and has 4 different seat positions, including lying flat which I really like about it!

Attachments

• graco-quattro-tour-travel-system.jpg
    graco-quattro-tour-travel-system.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1
My sister has a Mini City Jogger (or however spelt!) and it folds up nice and small to go in the back of her car, its a 7 seater but when it's full you need a small pram to squeese in too!!

I have had numerous prams and pushchairs for my daughter - i'd recommend going into a store and examaning, playing with a few to see if it suits your needs. As per, there is usually so many pro's and con's for each!

I'm not getting a pram at this stage for LO, we have a Tomy Freestyle carrier and I plan on just using that from the start. I just used to carry my daughter when she was little and it is so much easier. The car seat we have isn't one for a travel system.

I've got a Phil and Teds Dot. I went to the shop and tried loads of them but this was the only one I found easy to manoever. Plus it folds up very small which, as we have limited room in the car and house, is essential for us, plus it's good for walks, and we live in the country. I strongly recommend trying them out, as I ended up picking one I never thought I would, some of them just didn't suit me at all.

:haha: Laura definitely go for the one which is the best bargain at the time!!

I have the mothercare my3, but it's definitely not going to be good for a small car!

Smanderson I absolutely love that wall decal! I have seen it (or very similar) before and it's truly gorgeous!

Doll face I don't know how you can control yourself! I hate shopping, but have gone a bit mad in the last6 weeks buying almost everything:blush: I admire your willpower!!!

I update my registry pretty much everyday lol. So I have TONS of stuff "bought" in my mind, just nothing physical yet hahah

I have a obaby travel system i got off amazon as it was much cheaper than the one on agros lol and that one had gone on sale. Im also going to get a sling or whatever there called. Basically you carry baby infront of you i thought this would be handy if i go into town has you can never tell if you will get on a bus or not or be ask to put your buggie down for a wheelchair :( to much hassle i would rather just used the sling to carry baby in and that way i can breastfeed her that way to some how lol.

I had midwife today and it went well. Got more blood taken. She said her head is still down :) but her body is across the way lol she does like to move side to side in there and loves stretching her legs out lol. Her heartbeat this time was 144 :) which is good and she is measuring right on to date :) i also was given a dvd and leaflet on breastfeeding and i book myself in for the whooping cough jag which i get this thursday :).

xxx

Ok slightly odd question but do they always tell you the heart rate? No one has ever told me his heart rate and the only thing in the notes is heartbeat heard.

Smanderson I absolutely love that wall decal! I have seen it (or very similar) before and it's truly gorgeous!

Doll face I don't know how you can control yourself! I hate shopping, but have gone a bit mad in the last6 weeks buying almost everything:blush: I admire your willpower!!!

I update my registry pretty much everyday lol. So I have TONS of stuff "bought" in my mind, just nothing physical yet hahah

Oh I see! Registries aren't a big thing here at all, but I know exactly how you feel - when I got married and did my wedding gift registry I was obsessed with putting stuff on and looking at it all every single day :haha:

Ok slightly odd question but do they always tell you the heart rate? No one has ever told me his heart rate and the only thing in the notes is heartbeat heard.

I've never been told mine, same as you. I've calculated it roughly myself with my own Doppler and my stopwatch on my phone! But that's all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->