march/April babies?

Whoa what an impressive history for your cot!!! That is so cool to think of all those babies who have slept in it before your LO!

For my oldest two I used the same crib their dad slept in when he was a baby. I also used the same bouncy chair just made my own fabric cover for it. In my experience the oldest stuff is built to last and is usually very sturdy. Ikea stuff is brill. When we lived in Norway we had an ikea highchair it folded down to a desk. Loved it! As long as paints not chipping off and all the mechanisms (if the front is slide down) are working well then use it :)

Baileybubs, it was me with my £60 Ikea cot! It's not a cot bed, but we hope that by then time this one is ready to move to a bed, we'll have another one lined up for the cot!!! My brother nearly fainted when I told him we were getting the cot from Ikea, and said it will be unsafe. :dohh: I told him that they all have to reach the same safety standards, and if it does fall apart...we only lose £60, not the £350 he spent on his!

My LO had an Ikea cot, they are fine, I'm re-using it for this one when the time comes.

Wow funny how some of us get told things about our Lo and others dont. I also asked about my birthing plan thing and my midwife said just write down on an A4 paper little bullet points. lol But wait until ive had those parenting classes as ill pick up things from there. I could always do a copy for now just incase and if i do pick up anything from there then i can re-write it lol. There is a bit in my folder for it but she said was better just to put it on the A4 paper at the front of your folder lol.

Weird you guys aint been told the position of your baby yet. From what she said yesterday (my 28 week app) she said from now she'll measure my bump and feel the baby etc. Oh and my arm has been sore today from the needle popping out my vein yesterday (when she was taking blood) i has nice weird looking bruise :(.

Ive been bit sore all over today also :(

Not sure where my cot is from all i know is Ryan's mum bought is from ebay lol

Cherry Bump: yeah just write points since they don't have a huge amount of time to go over them at them hospital. I always think its good to get your birthing partner in on what's going on too so they can help advise, or at least refer to the notes at the time but to be honest they will prob ask you stuff even if you put it down or said not too (ie don't offer drugs) sometimes it's just quicker if they ask than root through notes, plus you may change your mind.

Hope your arms gets better soon :flower:

Thanks hun my arm is ok but now it my other arm causing bother lol i got my whooping cough jag in the other arm lol and it has been sore most of today. the jag itself was fine lol x

Yeah mine took a few days to stop feeling so sore, jab was fine too, just after - ouch!

Hi Ladies!!

Hope you are all doing well? I went for the free hospital scan that the hospital I'll be delivering offers and it was terrible. The technician hardly knew how to use the machine and was completely useless! Couldn't even figure out where his head was until I told her, I'm sure up until that point she was just pointing at the screen and making things up. So no pics, sadly, but his heartbeat was good (when she eventually got the sound working) and he was wriggling around, so that's good. Luckily I have regular scans with my gynae and he is AMAZING, have another with him next week Thursday, so I'll see if I can charm him into getting a really nice pic that he can print for me.

On the bright side of life, we finished with the wall decal in Ethan's room, and I LOVE it! It turned out pretty much exactly like the picture where I found it on Pinterest! :happydance: Here's a pic, let me know what you think!!

Attachments

• Bean's Room.jpg
    Bean's Room.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
Oh I love that plastikpony! Very lovely! And I also love your name choice, Emilia would have been Ethan had she been a he lol!

Oh and may I add, finally I am no longer a bloody eggplant lol!!!

So I settled for a portable mini crib which is 10 inches shorter than standard cribs and has wheels on it so I can have it next to my bed or move it to the nursery. Instead of having a crib crib and then a bassinet etc.

So you ladies that have your hospital bag all ready and set up what did you pack? How about your DH/OH, do they have their own bag?

No packing with me yet, I'm going to leave that another few weeks. I'm just going to pack a change of clothes for dh in my bag, just t shirt and underwear, he's not bringing his own bag. He doesn't have or need that much! I'm pretty sure at least half my bag will be snacks for us though!!

Hi all

Love the decals :) !!

I've packed babys bag as I'm high risk and Midwiffe told me off ;) gave me a propper lecture and I just need some extra bits and bobs for mine - like snacks etc

Hope everyone is well?

Is anyone else suffering from shooting pains through their hips? I do have a back problem but this is different :(

Oh geez, you ladies are so prepared. I havnt started on my bag yet. I figured I would wait until 34 weeks.
Did you guys buy special outfits for baby (in hospital and for the way home)? I figured that I would just from my newborn size collection?!? :shrug: a going home outfit is just for sentimental reasons right?? First pictures home etc??

We have started preparing for our hospital bags but not packed anything yet but we are only just 31 weeks.

When is best to start washing baby clothes? I don't want to do them too early and everything be dusty by the time he is here and needs washing again!

My arm was fine yesterday after that jag but today its super inchy and i dont wanna inch lol

Im 29 weeks tomorrow and ive been overly prepared i have my hospital bag done and nappy bag ive even pulled it out and re-done it lol. Baby's bag should be fine but its my bag not sure if ill have enough of everything lol might get more materntiy pads as the pack i have only has 10 in it. Need to buy some snacks/juice to.. and i have a homing coming outfit for her. Which Ryan said he'll bring up later on as i know ill be kept in for few days. I keep getting told at least 3 days from people as im wanting to breast feed and its my first lol but who knows.

Ryan wont be staying over night with me he's gonna come home so when his mum bring him back up he'll bring carseat and home coming outfit although im thinking if i have enough space i could just squeeze that outfit into my own bag and he can just bring the seat.

Yep im to prepare i think lol.

Oooh glad you have change from eggplant hun means ill change tomorrw yay!!!

I didn't think they kept you in for any length because you breastfeed. I can't remember if you were a special case or not sorry! As far as I knew it didn't make a difference, I know the room I was sharing in, we were all pretty much discharged at the same time, so many cases and some were bf, some not. We all just stayed 1 night.

I don't have my bag packed yet, mainly becasue I want new PJ's for afterwards and i'm waiting for funds to get them to pack! I have 1 outfit for baby so far and keep meaning to write a list. I really need to get more organised!!!

Hi all

Love the decals :) !!

I've packed babys bag as I'm high risk and Midwiffe told me off ;) gave me a propper lecture and I just need some extra bits and bobs for mine - like snacks etc

Hope everyone is well?

Is anyone else suffering from shooting pains through their hips? I do have a back problem but this is different :(

Sounds like sciatica. Do you see someone for your bad back? I see a chiro and it is a life saver.

I've not packed a bag or finish nursery or DD new bedroom!! Leaving it to last minute :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->