march/April babies?

Sheri76 - Oooh I'd love it if today was my last day!

DogglyLover - Ugh, I hate having to turn over in the night! I go to sleep on my left side with OH cuddling me from behind but then a couple of hours later I have to turn over - meaning me literally throwing myself around like a beached whale and trying to get OH to turn over and move up too as I don't like to be face-to-face in bed :rofl:

Baileybubs - I've given up PJ bottoms too :thumbup: I ended up getting too stressed out with them twisting around or coming down :haha:

JenJen - I kept waking myself up snoring last night too :dohh: Definitely a first for me!

Had a crappy night last night..
I got home from work and had to lay on the sofa for the rest of the night :( I get the bus to/from work and then have a 5 minute walk from the bus stop to my house. Well, all the way home my lower back was sore - I felt like I needed to bend forward slightly to relieve the pain? But I also had pain in my lady bits too making me want to bend backwords-ish to relieve the pain from that - I couldn't win!
Anyway, I got home and couldn't bloody get one of my shoes off - Uggs :dohh: I couldn't reach down enough to get it off so ended up kicking around like an idiot for a good 5 minutes :shy:
Then whenever I wanted to get up, I struggled to :( It was like I was an old woman! It sort of hurt to straighten my back and ached in my bits when I walked.

Looked on Google this morning (I know I shouldn't!) and everything is pointing to SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) :nope: Apparently, nearly 1 in 4 women suffer from it. I'm gonna ring the doctors later today if it carries on.
One of the Google results was a thread from here which listed some of the common symptoms - green are which I suffer from..

- Clicking of hips
- Pain in lower back region
- Pain on/around pubic bone area
- Pain in hips
- Ache/ pain radiating down inner thighs
- Difficulty rolling over in bed
- Pain when laying on back
- Pain often worse on walking or if sitting in one position for too long

Anyone else have/had this? :(

I had SPD in my last pregnancy and have symptoms of it in this one too. Unfortunately there isn't a great deal you can do - you can get referred to a physio, get given a support belt or crutches but other than that the main thing that will stop it is giving birth!

DogglyLover - Ugh, I hate having to turn over in the night! I go to sleep on my left side with OH cuddling me from behind but then a couple of hours later I have to turn over - meaning me literally throwing myself around like a beached whale and trying to get OH to turn over and move up too as I don't like to be face-to-face in bed :rofl:

Baileybubs - I've given up PJ bottoms too :thumbup: I ended up getting too stressed out with them twisting around or coming down :haha:

JenJen - I kept waking myself up snoring last night too :dohh: Definitely a first for me!

I got home from work and had to lay on the sofa for the rest of the night :( I get the bus to/from work and then have a 5 minute walk from the bus stop to my house. Well, all the way home my lower back was sore - I felt like I needed to bend forward slightly to relieve the pain? But I also had pain in my lady bits too making me want to bend backwords-ish to relieve the pain from that - I couldn't win!
Anyway, I got home and couldn't bloody get one of my shoes off - Uggs :dohh: I couldn't reach down enough to get it off so ended up kicking around like an idiot for a good 5 minutes :shy:
Then whenever I wanted to get up, I struggled to :( It was like I was an old woman! It sort of hurt to straighten my back and ached in my bits when I walked.

Looked on Google this morning (I know I shouldn't!) and everything is pointing to SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) :nope: Apparently, nearly 1 in 4 women suffer from it. I'm gonna ring the doctors later today if it carries on.
One of the Google results was a thread from here which listed some of the common symptoms - green are which I suffer from..

- Clicking of hips
- Pain in hips

I had SPD in my last pregnancy and have symptoms of it in this one too. Unfortunately there isn't a great deal you can do - you can get referred to a physio, get given a support belt or crutches but other than that the main thing that will stop it is giving birth!

I have it too :( my symptoms are pretty much identical to yours. It hurts to walk, get dressed, get off a chair, and turn over in bed. Can you get referred to a physio? I've been referred and I'm waiting to book an appointment.

I have spd as well. It sucks!!!!! This is my third pregnancy and they say each pregnancy it comes earlier than before. My first onset was late maybe about 36 weeks or so. My second, about 6/7 months. This pregnancy it started in first trimester. It hurts to do everything.

HopefulPony, I haven't spoken to anyone yet. I was going to wait and see how I get on but I'm sat at my desk at work and it's hurting to even cross my bloody legs. I just went to get something and my lower back is killing me :(

Do I ring my doctors or my midwife? I hate having to ring and explain things! x

Due April 4th! :) ... and I never even heard of this spd thing until now.. but this sounds a lot like how I feel! for about 2 months now I've been feeling this way. I actually fell on the stairs all because it hurt too much to lift my legs high enough to reach the stairs, and I feel like a cripple rolling over in bed... I drag my legs because if I dare move them I get shooting pains. Feels like constant charlie horses while walking, sitting, getting up and rolling over. I thought that was normal or something to do with my placenta previa.

- Clicking of hips
- Pain in hips

These symptoms all sounds very familiar, I've been thinking that I probably have mild or the onset of SPD for a while - but ignoring it and hoping it will go away! I have had a terribly bad back in the past, but thankfully it hasn't been too bad while I've been pregnant, but it has been worse recently, particularly when I get up from being seated, the first few steps are really painful - accompanied by a lovely pain in my pubic bone. I also have a real problem turning over in bed, it's so painful and I end up like a beached whale! Poor DH :)

Would be interested to hear what your doctor says if you do decide to go - I know a couple of people who've had it so bad that they've ended up on crutches, so this is why I think mine is mild and probably just a normal part of being pregnant/to be expected for some - but it is sore! Also annoying as it's (pubic bone) not really a place that you can grab or anything if it hurts!! :haha:

I had SPD with my first It was almost 15 years ago & I was young & never mentioned it to my dr, it was a lot worse after I gave birth! I couldn't get dressed or walk up stairs without being in agony. I was still in pain a year later when I returned to work, at the time I thought it was because I had delivered a big baby (she was 8"15) three & a half years later when I had dd2 four weeks early & 6"9 I never had any spd, & now 11 years later again I can feel a few pains that might be the start :dohh: I'm sure though if I had of seen a physio with my first dd I wouldn't have suffered for so long...

I'll be working up to 37 38 weeks, if work lets me, i only work on tills with the odd faceing job so i couldn't see a problem with it. Still need to write my notice for work as i'll be leaving rather then going back to work, my wages wouldn't even cover the cost of nurseary and hubby dosen't want him to go in one just so i could work and get nothing from it. plus i wouldn't be able to work if he was to go on tour as there would be no one to look after LO. I am gutting to have to leave work but we worked that its the better thing to do.

Steph, I am not going back to my job either, but I'm not handing my notice in coz then you don't get maternity pay. If you just go on maternity and then hand in your notice a month before your maternity pay ends then you will still get it and if its only government statutory maternity pay you have recieved you don't have to pay any back.

I have almost all the symptoms but it's not too agnoising for me. I've really found the pillow between the knees and a nice soak in a warm bath helps a lot. Is there anything much they can do if you do have it?

If you think you have spd then it might be an idea to see a chiropractor or osteopath. I know they have good track records. But it will cost. Whereas a physio referral would be free but can take time.

I see my Chiropracter regularly. He saw me when I thought I had carpal tunnel syndrome but was a trapped nerve in my neck. Best £35 I have ever spent!!

Steph, I am not going back to my job either, but I'm not handing my notice in coz then you don't get maternity pay. If you just go on maternity and then hand in your notice a month before your maternity pay ends then you will still get it and if its only government statutory maternity pay you have recieved you don't have to pay any back.

i've been told you should get smp whether you stay or not (if your entilted) i also got told if i was to back i'd have to stay for 6 month others i'd have to pay all back, which one of the reasons we made the decsion for me to leave as i can't make that promise of staying for 6 months if hubby was to go on tour then. i think the smp is from work and i get 6 weeks pay from the goverment, i think thats what my letter said, i'll have to read back over it.

I have never had a forum go so big... thanks ladies.

Just sending you all a happy Friday :O) xx

I'm also not going back to work once my maternity leave is over - not by choice though as my contract ended.

But in terms of smp, I am getting paid my full amount even though it will continue 5 months past my contract ending, and I don't have to pay any back. I think every job is a bit different, especially if you work in the private sector.

Hi everyone, im not in 3rd tri yet, but im due April 30th, but baby should be born a week before hand, due to needing a section.

Hey jen and DessyMarie :)

Im going back to work after my year of. Not sure how much i will get paid still for maternity pay. But if ryan goes into college i may need to leave. I was going to give myself at least 2 weeks when i go back to see if it was ok but if i can manage it i would hand my notice in. Ryan was trying to get this job which would mean me changing my hours to an early shift.

Pain in the bum lol.

Will i be in the third trimester tomorrow???
:confused:
Im due april 13th!

I'm also not going back to work once my maternity leave is over - not by choice though as my contract ended.

But in terms of smp, I am getting paid my full amount even though it will continue 5 months past my contract ending, and I don't have to pay any back. I think every job is a bit different, especially if you work in the private sector.

I've heard different things about smp, my manager says i'd have to pay it back if i was to leave before the 6 months or materinity is up but i can't find anything about that one any sites i have looked at. I work for a farily large company, i think there 300 400 odd stores in the uk so i wouln't have thought i'd have to, i think i'll have to talk to my mangaer about it at my next risk assiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->