march/April babies?

Hi I'm not here yet but I'm due on the 14th of April :) x

I'm also not going back to work once my maternity leave is over - not by choice though as my contract ended.

But in terms of smp, I am getting paid my full amount even though it will continue 5 months past my contract ending, and I don't have to pay any back. I think every job is a bit different, especially if you work in the private sector.

I've heard different things about smp, my manager says i'd have to pay it back if i was to leave before the 6 months or materinity is up but i can't find anything about that one any sites i have looked at. I work for a farily large company, i think there 300 400 odd stores in the uk so i wouln't have thought i'd have to, i think i'll have to talk to my mangaer about it at my next risk assiment.

Do you have a human resources department you could contact to clarify? For me, I get SMP as well as work contributing as after so many weeks top top up the money as the pay goes down - if I leave I have to pay that (the top up money) back but I can opt to not take it and if I do go back I get a lump sum at the end of my leave. That's how my work has done, I hate in a way that it's all different and it so confusing! I would double check, plus, even if you intend to leave, you don't have to hand in your notice now, im sure you'd be better off taking the SMP then handing it in rather than leaving. Defo get some advice about it from others tho, not just your manager just to be sure on the government entitlements not just the work ones. Have you already handed in your MAt B form? :flower:

We have all popped over early.so your welcome however many weeks you are x

I'm also not going back to work once my maternity leave is over - not by choice though as my contract ended.

But in terms of smp, I am getting paid my full amount even though it will continue 5 months past my contract ending, and I don't have to pay any back. I think every job is a bit different, especially if you work in the private sector.

I've heard different things about smp, my manager says i'd have to pay it back if i was to leave before the 6 months or materinity is up but i can't find anything about that one any sites i have looked at. I work for a farily large company, i think there 300 400 odd stores in the uk so i wouln't have thought i'd have to, i think i'll have to talk to my mangaer about it at my next risk assiment.

Do you have a human resources department you could contact to clarify? For me, I get SMP as well as work contributing as after so many weeks top top up the money as the pay goes down - if I leave I have to pay that (the top up money) back but I can opt to not take it and if I do go back I get a lump sum at the end of my leave. That's how my work has done, I hate in a way that it's all different and it so confusing! I would double check, plus, even if you intend to leave, you don't have to hand in your notice now, im sure you'd be better off taking the SMP then handing it in rather than leaving. Defo get some advice about it from others tho, not just your manager just to be sure on the government entitlements not just the work ones. Have you already handed in your MAt B form? :flower:

don't have anything like that, that i know of. i have to give 4 weeks notice for leave so wasn't going to do it just yet. yea i handed in my mat b1 about a month ago.

Littlesteph, I really don't think what you've been told about paying SMP back is right. I thought SMP is paid by the Government, so you wouldn't have to pay it back to your employed as it was never theirs in the first place. I think your manager might have things confused, as Kte mentioned if you get top up from your work you do sometimes have to pay that back.

Check the directgov website and your human resources. If you work for a large chain store, you will probably have to contact them directly, rather than having them at the place where you work. We don't want you getting screwed over!

Littlesteph, I really don't think what you've been told about paying SMP back is right. I thought SMP is paid by the Government, so you wouldn't have to pay it back to your employed as it was never theirs in the first place. I think your manager might have things confused, as Kte mentioned if you get top up from your work you do sometimes have to pay that back.

Check the directgov website and your human resources. If you work for a large chain store, you will probably have to contact them directly, rather than having them at the place where you work. We don't want you getting screwed over!

Yeah that's what impression I got too doggy lover, that coz its statutory you don't have to pay that bit back (the first 6 weeks at 90% and the £135 a week for the remaining 33 weeks). It's only if your company tops up that wage, if you then chose to leave you'd have to pay the top up bit back. As far as I was aware, if you leave your work now it means you are no longer in full time employment and won't get maternity pay (I might be wrong on that bit though). I'd double check though Steph before you hand in your notice Hun.

I had no idea about paying anything back :s. Im part time and im getting maternity pay. Im still waiting to see what i shall get thought. i dont wanna hassle no one about it lol but ill find out soon enough i guess. Such about trying to work everything out and what is best to do.

I had to inform the council when i was leaving to as they help pay my rent/tax Which is helping out alot. Just hoping whatever i get will get us through the month. As i will be needing to put the heating on for when the baby comes and right now i cnt afford to. But fingers crossed that the council get back to us Asap so i know what im paying for rent/tax as from what we have been told last last i was paying to much :O all this hassle for info :(

I do think you should look into it more to steph. I had no idea you'd have to pay anything back either way.

Has anyone chosen a name for their LO?

We are really struggling for a boys name.

Yeah we're having a girl we're calling her Paige x

We are also having a boy and are calling him Benson x

Some lovely names. I think I struggle because I teach and associate it with naughty children!!

We are having a girl & are pretty sure we will call her Phoebe Nicole :baby:

love that name to Phoebe lol now for someone to say there baby is to be called pieper or pure lol its the chamber girls :) lol sure i said that before somewhere lol x

Emily Helen have been told it's a girl but for any reason it's a boy we have Noah William.

My OH said we weren't allowed a name starting with P because I have 2 cats called Pepper & Pumpkin & a Chihuahua called Peachy but Phoebe is the only name we both like a lot :shrug:

We are having a boy and can't decide/agree on a name yet either.

We don't know what we are having, but we have chosen the names Isabelle and Max :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->