May IVF

Hi Maybe Baby Ladies

Not sure if you would have read my other post but i have had a shock BFP. I am quite concerned it might be ectopic though so am not jumping on the spot at all and its so sad that when i finally saw BFP, I only felt sheer panic. I am beginning to be more positive and am now in another wait and see limbo land. I will hopefully know the score when I go for ultrasound on the 19th May. Anyway i will be watching how you all progress but feel like a fraud now. I am ceratinly in a state of maybe baby but am not going to be doing IVF in May.

Late Starter - it all sounds like it is going really well. :hug:

OMG !! .. Brambletrees thats faboulous news, Huge Congrats !!!!
I know it can be a really worrying time but try and relax, Im sure everythings absoloutley fine with both you and your little one.
xxx

OMG Brambles that is excellent news. Im praying its not an ectopic. I am sooooo happy for you!!!

wow Brambletess, thats great news what a lovely surprise.... keep up the PMA and am sure your little bean will be snuggled in and be all cozy in your uterus.
Miracles do happen.... your a true example x

Hi Ladies

I have a question, how well can you concentrate while going through IVF process? Like can you sit and study for an exam by correspondence? I have 2 exams which i have to take real soon. Im not sure if i should do the exam while on 2WW (ofcourse hoping I get there) or just wait after i know if its a BFP or BFN? I really need to take the exams before 1st August. What would you do? :muaha:

HI Dilek
Theres no reason I would have thought of not to prepare for your exams, it will be a good distraction. I'd say its a good idea, am sure it would help take your mind off the 2ww and you can rest too.
Probably better to do it now.... before the baby brain sets in heheheheee

WOW! Brambletess, that's good news about BFP. Am keeping my fingers crossed that everythig is ok. Keep us posted xx

Latestarter. I'm glad your treatment is going well, you'll be in the TWW soon, how exciting!!

Dilek - I was also told that I only need to put the one drug in the fridge and everything else can be kept at room temperature away from bright light. Not long now until you get started, you'll only be a few days behind me. With regards to your exams, I personally wouldn't be able to do it as my mind would be all over the place!! I have trouble reading a magazine when I am stressed/emotional/excited, never mind revising !! If however you feel it would help you get through the TWW, go for it!!

We went to pick up our drugs today and OH had a lesson in how to inject me!! He did really well and there was just a tiny pin prick of pain when the needle went in - I was shaking though as am TERRIFIED of needles!! Anyway OH now thinks he is a Dr and has been giving me advice on how to relax and what position to sit in whilst he is "administering" the injection :rofl:!! I am pleased that he is feeling more involved, now that he has a little job to do and I think he is even starting to get excited! My emotions have been all over the place this week. I have even cried twice in work :blush:!! Now that we have been to the hospital I am feeling quite calm and a little bit excited that the everything is starting tomorrow.

Hope everyone is ok. Will let you know how my first injectio goes. Roobie xx

Hi Girls,

Brambletess - You are not a fraud at all, and always welcome here. Congrats on the BFP!

Roobie - How exciting - you start tomorrow. And good that OH has a job, that should help.

Dilek - I was very grateful for the distractions at work thru this. Especially since I'm nearing the end. Having something else to focus on is important.

I'm still trucking along here. My E2 is at 11, 657 today. Holy cow!! But Dr. says my ovaries are responding well. Tomorrow is a bloodtest and ultrasound, and we should be able to pin down a retrieval date. Wow! My veins are protesting all the blood draws lately. I think they are done. She had to dig around to find a good vein that hadn't collapsed from all of the blood draws today. Ouch. I'm also really starting to feel things happening down there. I have this constant low grade cramping in my lower abdomen (like I'm going to ovulate - Dr. says I won't) and if I walk I feel it too. Weird.

Roobie - that is so funny, your DH telling you to calm down and acting like a nurse. HEHE I cant wait to drag my DH to the nurses and have our lesson. I think DH would be fainting not me. DH is scared of rollercoasters :rofl:
Robbie your injections are they to down reg or are u stimulating?

Brambles, hun how are you tonight? Has the bleeding eased? Sending you :hug:

Latestarter - I cant believe how quickly its gone by, are you nervous about the EC? Your folly numbers sound really good, and thats only 1 ovary. I hope I can get good numbers. I think my folly numbers will be on the low side.

Mrs T - how are you?

Hope i havnt missed anyone, im nervous about next week. We have so much planned. On Wed i go in for my blood test to check hormone levels, and then thursday lunchtime back at hospital to have my baseline scan and learn to do injections, Thursday night off to a Hens night, friday after work DH and I back to Wales again, And then back to London on Sunday which in the evening we have a wedding to attend. MY god im feeling sick thinking about it.

Ok i waffled on too much. Im signing out!:dohh:

Hi Dilek, my injections are the down regs. Am on them for three weeks and have my baseline scan on 29th May. All being well I should start stimming 30th/31st May.

Well it's Day 1 of my IVF treatment. I'm not having the injection until 8pm as that is the best time for me and OH to keep to. We go to work at different times and it is a bit of a rush in the mornings, so we decided on 8pm (after tea haha!!). We will be at the MIL's tonight and the rest of OH's family will be there. I just hope they don't think we are doing anything rude when we dissappear off to the bedroom together :rofl: !!!!

Latestarter did you get a date for your EC today?

Hope everyone else is ok.

Roobie xx

Hi everyone

so tomorrow I fly to London, then I've to wait for the witch to show before my treatment can start. I've booked my 1st accupuncture appt for Monday afternoon... so looking forward to that :cloud9:. Then on Wednesday afternoon am getting my hair done, its long over due! So basiclly am keeping mornings free for any clinic visits.... am really excited now. Although today I've come home from work grumpy and tired, must be the stress of leaving behind my dh and pussy cats for the next month :cry:. I will see my dh around egg collection thought.
wow I cant believe am about to do it all again...... this time it will work. My sister texted me today to wish me a save journey and told me to make sure I leave LOndon this time with a baby on board!! Thays my plan :baby:

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Hello, hello.

Well I'm back from my ultrasound, and all I can say is HOLY COW!

My one ovary is still missing. It is sitting really high up, and only if you press hard on my tummy can you see a glimpse of it. Doing that we can see about 5 follicles. But that is only a partial view. Dr. says that it is very unlikely that they will be able to reach it for retrieval though. But we are not very concerned.

Why?

Because the other ovary has....

Yes, that is right,

19 mature follicles. They are all sitting at about 18 mm, and one of them was 20. :happydance::happydance:

No one can really believe it. My Dr. was checking to make sure she wasn't looking at both ovaries together. And nope - that is all in one ovary.

No wonder I'm feeling pressure, crampy, and just out of sorts. I'm pretty uncomfortable.

So, the big worry is that I've been over stimulated. Waiting for bloodwork results to find out what to do. If my E2 is not insanely high (it was at 11,600 yesterday) I'll trigger tonight for collection monday. If it is too high, we are going to coast for a day or so without any meds, and then do collection Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have to say I'm shocked beyond belief. I'm 39 and no one expected my ovaries to produce follicles like this. My FSH is low, but my antral follicle count was pretty average (for my age) at 12. We thought that if I got 10 mature eggs that would be good.

So now I'm hoping I'm not overstimulated, and that there are a few really good quality eggs in that bunch. Hard to say - but I am hopeful. I'll keep you guys posted with bloodwork results.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

OMG Latestarter I cant believe it. 19 in one ovary with good size, that is so awesome. Especially with all the variables. See sometimes the docs cant predict everything. Miracles do happen.

Sounds like you are in good hands. Im praying that you get your well deserved BFP.

OMG!!!!

Egg Collection is Monday morning at 9:30. My E2 is now at 15,560. I trigger tonight at 11:00 PM.

I am soooooo nervous.

Ohh Im nervous for you too. How exciting, so does that mean you didnt overstimulate?

Latestarter - that is great news....19 follies. Am so pleased for you. And your egg collection is Monday, how exciting. So, will you get a fertility report on Tuesday and then they will tell you when they will do embryo transfer?? Will be thinking of you - good luck xx

Mrs T - have a safe journey to London. The next flight you make, you WILL have a baby on board! Not long now hopefully until AF arrives and you can start you stim injections - good luck to you too xx

Well.....had my first injection tonight and was terrified, but........it was fine. Just a tiny little sting. OH was very proud of himself and so was I !! So, I have officially started my IVF cycle. The journey starts here.........

Roobie xx

Hello Ladies.

How is everyone?

Brambletess - congrats on your :bfp: hope everything is ok :hug::hugs:

Latestarter - thats great news 19 mature follicles in 1 ovary hope theres lots of good quality eggs in them for you. Good luck with EC on monday looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Roobie57 - Good luck with your first injection tonight. Wish my OH was doing mine i have that joy all to myself as he is scared of needles.

Mrs T - have a safe journey to London and hope the witch comes soon so you can get started

I just want to get started now cant believe i have another week to wait. It seems to be going really slow.
Have been starting to feel alot more emotional and stessed the last few days. No doubt its gonna get worse the closer i get to the day.
If its nice weather tomorrow (i really hope it is) might go for a nice walk with OH and our 2 dogs. that will help me destress abit.

Hi Wrighty wales. I know how you feel. When I was given my date to start down regs, I had 3weeks to wait. The first 2 weeks dragged and then the last one just flew by. I started my buserelin tonight and have 3 weeks until my baseline scan, so am hoping that the next 3 weeks fly by again. God....I'm just wishing my life away haha!! I also was REALLY stressed and emotional the week before I started my injections, but now I have started them, I feel fine. Welcome to the IVF rollercoaster of emotions !!!

Are you having IVF at the Hewitt Centre aswell? xx

yes im having treatment at the hewitt centre.
Im wishing my life away too lol just want to get started. i know once i start i will be fine its just all the waiting and counting down the days.

Latestarter - fantastic news about your follies, 19 is amazing!! my DH's bosses wife is 39 and had IVF with donor serm and had three failed IUI's. She went on to IVF and had loads of follies like you, loads fertalised and bingo she was with child two weeks later. As soon as you feel well enough after ET, let us know how it went. I am so rooting for you as you have been so supportive to everyone and really deserve it.

Mrs T, hope the flight is ok and am excited you will be starting journey soon.

Wrightwales - think we both have a long week ahead. I plan to keep as busy as possible!!

Roobie & Dilek - keep up the good work and keeping so positive.

I know IVF is out for me this month but I really want to follow all of your journeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->