MAY we all be blessed with baby! May 2013 and beyond (BFFs Seeking BFPs)

Thank you for adding me to the list Hopeful2014!

Question about ttc: is it ok to dtd everyday during o? I don't want to miss this cycle from "overloading":haha: myself!

You're welcome! Yeah, it's supposed to be fine to dtd everyday as long as there are no known sperm issues. If able, it could definitely improve chances the more you dtd. Some people start the day after af and go every other day until the first positive opk and then dtd every day for 3-4 days or until they see a confirmed temp shift. Some start after af and dtd every day until the temp shift.

There's one plan called 'sperm meets egg plan' or 'smep'. As described on twoweekwait.com and whattoexpect.com, you start dtd on day 8 and then take one opk every day starting at day 10. Some say to elevate your hips for 10-30 minutes after dtd. Then when you get a positive opk dtd that day and the next two days in a row. Then skip one day (the day after ovulation day) and dtd once more the next day.

However, this assumes you have an average cycle, so you may need to adjust based on your number of cycle days and when you typically ovulate if you already have an idea of when that will be.

:flower:

Ladies,
-Side note: twoweekwait.com says "It has been said that up to 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on their first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan." I haven't heard this before. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's worth a shot if you've had a miscarriage. Has anyone heard this?

All that BD really wears a person out LOL!! We have a house hold of monsters so we don't get a quiet moment to ourselves very often. So it tires us out LOL Man I am talking like we are pensioners LOL :haha:

Yuck...drinking a green mixture smoothie for healing and fertility and it's nasty! Oh the things we eat, drink and take to get our little beans!

What does it have in it?

It has a bunch of fruit, like kiwi, pineapple, oranges, and some other stuff but then all the gross stuff: echinacea, Blue algae, wheat grass, spirallina, and a bunch of other stuff. It's nasty but I was told to do it for better chances of my body healing (blocked tubes) so I'm doing whatever necessary to help w/the process.

Thank you for adding me to the list Hopeful2014!

Question about ttc: is it ok to dtd everyday during o? I don't want to miss this cycle from "overloading":haha: myself!

You're welcome! Yeah, it's supposed to be fine to dtd everyday as long as there are no known sperm issues. If able, it could definitely improve chances the more you dtd. Some people start the day after af and go every other day until the first positive opk and then dtd every day for 3-4 days or until they see a confirmed temp shift. Some start after af and dtd every day until the temp shift.

There's one plan called 'sperm meets egg plan' or 'smep'. As described on twoweekwait.com and whattoexpect.com, you start dtd on day 8 and then take one opk every day starting at day 10. Some say to elevate your hips for 10-30 minutes after dtd. Then when you get a positive opk dtd that day and the next two days in a row. Then skip one day (the day after ovulation day) and dtd once more the next day.

However, this assumes you have an average cycle, so you may need to adjust based on your number of cycle days and when you typically ovulate if you already have an idea of when that will be.

:flower:

Ladies,
-Side note: twoweekwait.com says "It has been said that up to 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on their first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan." I haven't heard this before. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's worth a shot. Has anyone heard this?

I think I'm going to follow this plan for this cycle. I'm also using the conceive plus and fertility massages so I really pray this is my bfp month!

I would love to join! I will be testing May 13th!

Finally got my +OPK tonight! Got 9 straight days of BD in so far, and another 3-4 days at least, so I'm sure there will be plenty of swimmers waiting on that egg! ;) Fingers crossed!

@BSelck24 Welcome to the group! Hawaii sounds like a great place to get a BFP! :flower:

@MzImpatient That sounds like a good plan. I think I would really love a massage, for fertility or not! :haha: Fingers crossed for you!

@burgbrandy :happydance:

Finally got my +OPK tonight! Got 9 straight days of BD in so far, and another 3-4 days at least, so I'm sure there will be plenty of swimmers waiting on that egg! ;) Fingers crossed!

praying for your BFP burgbrandy!

:flower: Good Morning! :) Thankfully, I am off all this week, so I can stay up a bit later than usual. :haha: How's your morning going?

:wacko: I can't sleep. Anyone else up? My wonderful OH is snoring away. Lol.

I'm awake and replying to questions/messages. How's it going?

Going well. :hugs: I just wish I could fall asleep at a normal hour. I was so tired yesterday, I slept from 11PM-3AM, stayed up from 3AM-10AM, and slept until my Mike got home from work around 5PM-ish?..

the mc thing is totally true i had a mc before my lo didnt get af then fell pregnant straight after then my sister had a mc then was pregnant withing 6 weeks the dr told me after a mc your body goes into getting pregnant overdrive so goodluck oh and please excuse my awful spelling been up all night :)

Feeling really blue today, thought I had o especially after pains yesterday and sunday, but not got a big temp spike this morning and just noticed more Ewcm. Does anyone know if its true if you o late in your cycle you are less likely to get a bfp because the egg is 'older'? Sigh. I always o on day 18, until I want to ttc and my body goes crazy! X

Feeling really blue today, thought I had o especially after pains yesterday and sunday, but not got a big temp spike this morning and just noticed more Ewcm. Does anyone know if its true if you o late in your cycle you are less likely to get a bfp because the egg is 'older'? Sigh. I always o on day 18, until I want to ttc and my body goes crazy! X
with my daughter i didnt o until cd 41 got my bfp on cd 53 gd luck x

@Sherley Your temp is higher than the others so far. It seems like a nice, comparable jump to the one from your last cycle. Perhaps you did o yesterday. Are you sure it's ewcm and not semen? I think lots of women get BFP at the stage you are at! Monitor cm and cp today. BD just in case if you think you're still fertile. Then see if tomorrow's temp is higher again. Remember FF will not tell you that you ovulated until you have three higher temps, so it is very possible that you did o already. If not, you definitely still have a chance!

Here are a couple of good sources on deciding if it's ewcm or semen that you are seeing.

"EWCM is stretchy: EWCM is very elastic. If you put it between your fingers, it will stretch without breaking apart. Semen, on the other hand, doesn’t stretch and will break apart if you put it between your fingers and try to stretch it.

EWCM is slippery and clear: While semen may feel slippery as well, it looks white and cloudy. Not clear, like EWCM. EWCM is more transparent and feels very slippery.

EWCM does not absorb easily: If you look at the toilet paper when you use the bathroom and notice mucous on the toilet paper, you can tell if it is actually mucous by waiting a few minutes. If it is semen it will quickly absorb into the toilet paper, whereas EWCM generally will sit on top of the toilet paper.

EWCM will form a ball in water: When you go to the bathroom, let the mucous drop into the toilet water. If it turns into a ball and sinks, it is most likely EWCM. If it dissolves into the water, it is most likely semen."
-from here

Here's some information from Fertility Friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"