Military WAGs

We have done one of our own cleans and marchouts but we had cleaners last time! Was alot easier!! When we left I hoovered and cleaned everywhere and we found out later from our friend who done our marchout that the cleaners were only there 20 mins! What a frickin con!

we were told that it can take min of 22 days for them to get in a clean a place to a high standard! i laughed in the womans face and said if it took ur cleaners 22 days to do my flat now then u really wasted the armys money!

if the new place isnt perfect i will be up her office in a flash, unlucky for her its only a 2 min walk lol

I would deffo complain, if its not right why should you put up with it!!

every little mark ile be taking pictures then going to get her to come see it herself.

shes made my life hell its time to repay the favour lol

Def complain about everything - they'd be quick to charge you for it if it were the other way around. When we left Lisburn, they tried to charge us for mud in the hallway carpet - which had been left by their contractors! Luckily I'd told them previously. When we moved in here I did 4 pages of A4 of everything that was wrong, but that didn't need repairing, but it's little things that they could charge us for, like polyfiller in walls not painted over, a massive dent in the back of LO's wardrobe.

dhe do my head in !!!!!!!!!!!!!! we moved into a dirty house every time we have moved so ive ended up complaining taking photos and scrubbing them myself !!! there a complete joke

got our moving date finaly 29th march. the housing officer thats been a total waste of time is actualy walking us round the flat so i will be giving her hell if the place is as dirty as this one was.

also im going to ask her where the room for my son is seen as she let my neighbours now put a dog kennel in the clothes line area where they have gone for my son saying "the dogs need room" the parks in the area are beyond a joke with broken glass and broken swings cuz the teenagers hanging around there and the grass area is covered in poo from the tw*ts downstairs

Right girls, I need your advice.

Hubby goes to the Falklands in Nov, LO will be 15 months then. He'll be away for 4 months (First xmas without him :cry:).

How did you "explain" your children that Daddy is away for a while?
I know he won't understand what 4 months is and why daddy is away, but I don't want that hubby just leaves and I've got Joe sobbing his eyes out. I want to prepare him a bit, if that makes sense. :blush:

Any advice would be great. :flower:

Hubby goes to the Falklands in Nov, LO will be 15 months then. He'll be away for 4 months (First xmas without him :cry:).

I know he won't understand what 4 months is and why daddy is away, but I don't want that hubby just leaves and I've got Joe sobbing his eyes out. I want to prepare him a bit, if that makes sense. :blush:

I am a raf child and have a 4 year old so i have a few suggestions for you !!

make sure there are lots of pics of daddy!!! ones that you dont mind to be taken out into garden or sand box ect!!

as children we thought daddy went to sleepy work!! (daddy slept at work)

For kieran its BIG work (which mean daddy wont be home at bed time)

and if u are UK forces based i would got to your local HIVE and see if they have a story board room (cant remember name) where daddy's can read books onto a cd for bubs!!

hope this helps !!

also try and be busy for the first few weeks! and the last few they are the worst ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my husband is deployed in the navy and we are pregnant with our first baby. its so hard doing this alone

my husband is deployed in the navy and we are pregnant with our first baby. its so hard doing this alone

i couldnt imagine doing it all alone. being pregnant is such a scary time huge hugs to all over u :hugs:

zanes started to get upset when his dad goes to work in the morning so im not sure how hes going to handle him going away.

my boyfriend is giving in his application form for the army next monday, i don't really know what to expect though as i don't know much about it, any advice would be great as i don't really want him going but i don't want to stop him either xx

I was 5 months out of my pregnancy on my own, he was deployed to Afghan. It was hard, but at least I had more money to spend on the baby without hubby moaning :blush:
I think it's important to have a few friends around you, with who you can just meet up quickly when you feel up to it.
Hubby came bk 2 weeks before I was due on R&R and it wasn't sure if he could stay for the birth, but the army was nice in the end and let him stay.
But I made sure I had back-up for a birthing partner. I thought I would try it by myself 1st and if I can't cope by myself I had a friend who would have been able to come at any point.
I think keeping busy is the magic word to let the time fly by. :flower: :hugs:

I am a raf child and have a 4 year old so i have a few suggestions for you !!

make sure there are lots of pics of daddy!!! ones that you dont mind to be taken out into garden or sand box ect!!

as children we thought daddy went to sleepy work!! (daddy slept at work)

For kieran its BIG work (which mean daddy wont be home at bed time)

and if u are UK forces based i would got to your local HIVE and see if they have a story board room (cant remember name) where daddy's can read books onto a cd for bubs!!

hope this helps !!

also try and be busy for the first few weeks! and the last few they are the worst ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You mean storybook soldier?! I think we got one near by in Tidworth, defo gonna look into that. :thumbup:

When hubby is on guard or exercise at the moment, he say to LO that daddy is out playing with his friends and won't be back.

Defo a great idea with the picture...we got lots from us around the flat anyway, bt I might get one laminated so he can take it wherever he wants to. :flower:

thanks a lot hun. :flower:

my boyfriend is giving in his application form for the army next monday, i don't really know what to expect though as i don't know much about it, any advice would be great as i don't really want him going but i don't want to stop him either xx

my oh was already in the army when we met so i dont no much about the training ect but welcome to the group x

Hey girls,
my hubby to be is in army, ive been with him through 2 iraq and 1 afghan tour which he just finished on 11 jan......we got bfp on jan 29th so afghan apparently does wonders lol.
I hate worrying he will be deployed but its one big family at their barracks and there will always be someone there to support me if hes away.
He wouldnt be the man i love without his army background so i cant resent it

My husband just left last Wednesday for Army boot camp (in 2 hours, it'll be one week since I've last seen him... :()... he gets out in May and goes to his schooling in June. Hopefully he can get some days off so he can be here when the baby is born.
But 2 weeks after the baby is born, I get to go live with him, so it's not THAT bad, but it sucks being the person left behind while he's gone...

Hey girls,
my hubby to be is in army, ive been with him through 2 iraq and 1 afghan tour which he just finished on 11 jan......we got bfp on jan 29th so afghan apparently does wonders lol.
I hate worrying he will be deployed but its one big family at their barracks and there will always be someone there to support me if hes away.
He wouldnt be the man i love without his army background so i cant resent it

:haha: DD2 was an afgahn R&R baby. i kept him prisoner in the bedroom for the whole 10 days he was home :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->