• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Military WAGs

Hello All,

Can I join you all?

My OH is in RAF, he is at home at the moment and due to go away again in February 2010

Pingu - are you the Pingu who was/is on Forces Wags (formerly UKFG)? x

Hey! Yep that's me :) Let me know who you are!

My name is Jules was on there about a year ago but not been on in ages - recognised your 'name' and didnt think there would be too many people using it

Whenever I hear anything about casualties on the news my heart breaks :( We're all one big family. I was based at Lyneham when the Herc went down. It was just awful, and two of OHs mates were killed. We've lost so many friends :cry:

:ignore: lol

i dont really like to think about our men dying i dont see the point in just making ourselves worry

Theres no point dwelling on it, and I certainly don't think about OH dying as the chances are almost nil, but I do sometimes take a moment to remember my friends and their memory.

But you can't totally ignore the fact that if hubby goes on tour something could happen to him...I prefer to be prepared for it as best as I can mentally.

wen hes on tour thats all ile be thinking of but until then i dont wana think about others dying out there.

thinkin about it is just like thinkin u might die while giving birth as that can happen too

Oh yeah when hubby is at home and safe it's one of the last thoughts on my mind...but hubby is currently deployed and with the baby on the way it's a constant fear factor in my life.

Oh yeah when hubby is at home and safe it's one of the last thoughts on my mind...but hubby is currently deployed and with the baby on the way it's a constant fear factor in my life.

my oh was due to go to afghan 2 weeks after zane was born so he wud of missed first 6 months of his life but luckly he got pulled back.

now theres a chance that he will be away this yr for zanes 1st if not he will be away for zanes 2nd bday next yr.

its not the best job for our fellas to have but someones gota do it and they all seem to love their jobs

Honestly at the moment it's the "safest" job to have...everybody around us are losing their jobs in civvie street. I prefer hubby in the army then...and if I have to be worried for 6 months that's a small price to pay to have regular income and accommandation.

i aint gunna lie when my OH was in afghan i knew i cud have lost him and i came very very close 2 losing him, in a way i did lose part of him. he came home a diff person. the chances of me losing him were higher than most. i was lucky. his best mate wasnt

Honestly at the moment it's the "safest" job to have...everybody around us are losing their jobs in civvie street. I prefer hubby in the army then...and if I have to be worried for 6 months that's a small price to pay to have regular income and accommandation.

yeah thats true and in a normal 9-5 jobs most of the lads wouldnt earn as much as they do now. If oh wasnt in the army we'd still be homeless.

i aint gunna lie when my OH was in afghan i knew i cud have lost him and i came very very close 2 losing him, in a way i did lose part of him. he came home a diff person. the chances of me losing him were higher than most. i was lucky. his best mate wasnt

lucky u didnt lose him mus of been terrible for u. im really not looking forward to oh going. i wont go near the news lol

every deployment changes a man...would be scary if they wouldn't - it wouldn't be human.

I think the army gives guys so many opportunities to do things (see the world, get a driver license etc) on the other hand they can be a proper pain in the ass. lol

see i think everyone is different because of trades. just because a man is in the forces doesnt mean there job is the same, some have safer jobs than others. personaly i hate the army for what weve had to deal with. my husband was in a front line infantry regiment. his job was a very dangerous one. we dnt get the oppertunity to travel everywhere we go when were told,

see i think everyone is different because of trades. just because a man is in the forces doesnt mean there job is the same, some have safer jobs than others. personaly i hate the army for what weve had to deal with. my husband was in a front line infantry regiment. his job was a very dangerous one. we dnt get the oppertunity to travel everywhere we go when were told,

My husband is a Gunner in an infrantry regiment...I'm jealous of the girls whose hubby sit in Bastion the whole time. Hubby hasn't even seen Bastion. :dohh:

no that feeling babe. im just thankful my hubby should never see afghan again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->