Moonstone anyone?

I'm sorry for those who got AF this month. Don't lose hope! I should take my own advice, because I get so easily discouraged, but we have to stay positive, right?

On another note, I just got my moonstone bracelet yesterday. The weather here has been so rainy...is it still possible to cleanse/charge moonstones during the October 11 full moon even if it's overcast?

Thanks Poppy. I ordered some from here in the US that is peachy colored and some from china that is "sri lanka" moonstone.... we will see about that, lol. I am a bit skeptical about ordering things from china on ebay, but what the heck it was only $2.00 with free shipping. lol. I will let everyone know when it gets here, if it turns out to be real then I will post the sellers name.

I am so excited about all this I couldn't even wait till my stuff from ebay got here so yesterday I went to the local bead store a made a fertility/pregnancy bracelet. I covered all my bases with this one. I googled fertility crystals or something and came up with lots of different kinds.

So I loaded this bracelet down with carnelian, amethyst, clear quartz, rose quartz, pearl, sky blue aquamarine, small round shell, green tourmaline, and I think rhodonite(its pink with a dark green in it and opaque) I hope I covered it all, lol.

I didnt see this, I just posted a similar post. But, I need to talk to my hubby about them before I order one, but I am thinking about getting one.

I was wondering, do you think a moonstone pendant would work, or does it have to be a bracelet? I have a moonstone pendant that I always wear, I hope it will help :shrug:

Cassie can you post a pic it sounds lovely!

Maria of course a pendant will be fine :thumbup:

X x x

photo.jpg

Kinda hard to get a clear pic of it. It really is just a mix of gemstones since it was made for the benefits and not purely looks.

Stinas i take it your AF is late but getting bfns?

:hugs: to those that the :witch: got.

Peterspooky, any word from the blood tests or AF??

Well my turtle charm has fallen of my bracelet! :( Hope its not a bad omen :nope: I think its fixable though, phew! X

I've had word from both :( Monday I got my results... All levels are normal but no sign of any hcg then this morning AF reared her ugly head (CD51!) Dr thinks I just Ov'd a little later. I'm going to be taking soy this cycle to try and boost my eggies and prevent another cycle like this!
On a happier note, it's October and Gail predicted I would conceive this month with my BFP next month! Fingers crossed my moonstones, gemstones, and soy do the trick!!!

Cassie - that's a lovely mix of stones.
Your wee turtle looks just like mine =)

Peters - Sorry AF got you!!...good luck this month!

Cassis thanks, that is lovely :) I live the toggle style fastener!

X x x

heres mine..it has lots of lines in it..is that normal?

https://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/leonielouise/2011-09-13_130658.jpg

anyone??? :shrug:

I was just about to post that in the uk this is the only colour of moonstone i have ever seen or had or knew of until reading this thread!!

My piece i used to have looked just like that. I would want the same shimmery white i think for a bracelet as its what im used to...
great thread, love the crystal thing and it looks like a lot of you have had success judging by the siggies!!! is there more than it has on the front page??

I also found this useful site if you want to buy loose beads

https://www.gemselect.com/moonstone/moonstone.php?buy=great_gems&adgroup=moonstone

:dust: to all moonstone ttcers! will be getting be a bracelet as soon as possible!

Cassie can you post a pic it sounds lovely!

Maria of course a pendant will be fine :thumbup:

X x x

Thanks!! I hope so :) I bought it yesterday and I am now wearing it with my cross 24/7 :dust:

I even just looked online and cant see the other colours... this may be a daft question but are u guys sure the other beads arent other stones...??:blush:

My rings the same as that stone! Like an amberish, greeny bluey in some lights! I am in the UK though too and I also have a rainbow moonstone stone which is just lovely!

I was just about to post that in the uk this is the only colour of moonstone i have ever seen or had or knew of until reading this thread!!

My piece i used to have looked just like that. I would want the same shimmery white i think for a bracelet as its what im used to...
great thread, love the crystal thing and it looks like a lot of you have had success judging by the siggies!!! is there more than it has on the front page??

https://www.gemselect.com/moonstone/moonstone.php?buy=great_gems&adgroup=moonstone

:dust: to all moonstone ttcers! will be getting be a bracelet as soon as possible!

My one loose stone looks just like yours (in the pic!). I just ordered an actual bracelet last night since I keep misplacing my little stone and it kept falling off of the bracelet I made. The one I ordered is a very simple stretchy bracelet made from all little round moonstone (they look like my beige one, like the pic above but they look a little more pinkish.) The seller said "natural moonstone" so I really hope it is real but I guess I will find out when it arrives. It will not be here in time for the full moon on Oct 11 but I hope it still helps and at least I will have it for future cycles, just in case. :thumbup:

My one loose stone looks just like yours (in the pic!). I just ordered an actual bracelet last night since I keep misplacing my little stone and it kept falling off of the bracelet I made. The one I ordered is a very simple stretchy bracelet made from all little round moonstone (they look like my beige one, like the pic above but they look a little more pinkish.) The seller said "natural moonstone" so I really hope it is real but I guess I will find out when it arrives. It will not be here in time for the full moon on Oct 11 but I hope it still helps and at least I will have it for future cycles, just in case. :thumbup:

remember you can charge it in other ways and use it too.

Ok just checked jtv.com and they have 16 in of round moonstone beads for under $20, but they are opaque. Does that matter? Sorry if this has already been covered, there are just too many post to read them all.

There seems to be a large variety of what they call moonstone.

Thank you

It cab be opaque, but can also have transcluecnt qualities, There are so many types of moonstone and they are all quite different... I am attempting to attach a photo of all the moonstone I currently have in stock. You will see large rainbow moonstone, two sizes of natural white and cream moonstone and some peach moonstone, but there are quite a few other types out there as well. Some can be quite transparent, some have ghostly clouds in them, some have flashes of colour.... Hope this helps, Love Cosmic P

Can you please tell me what the moonstones in the last picture are called please? Mine is the same and I never know what colour I should call it! Thank you :flower:

The large beads at the front are rainbow moonstone, they usually have flashes of colour and most have them have a quartz feel. Whilst my most expensive beads, some are "imperfect" having black flecks in them and visible crystaline structures inside. They can be quite clear in some areas. In the background is natural, untreated white moonstone. Both types come from India, not Sri Lanka, like Blue Moonstone, which looks completely different and is very flawless and ghostly.
Some of my white moonstone beads, seen at the back of that last photo, can have a flash of blue, others have phantoms inside or an eerie light that moves over the surface. Another batch was slightly cream and very opaque, but with a cats eye quality. The peach has that same strange cats eye irridescence moving over the surface.
I don't come on this forum much, because I don't want people to think I'm stalking.. LOL... However I will try to answer any questions I come across and would be happy to look at pictures of your own moonstone if you are dubious. I think most of you would know how to get in touch without me looking like I'm advertising...
I think it's possible that some people are worrying too much about why there are so many types of moonstone. It comes from various countries and so there are slight variations! Colour changes occur in many gemstones depending on where they are from. Moonstone can be colorless, white, yellow, green, brown, orange, pink, or grey, but it always has a white or blue sheen. The best moonstone is colorless with a blue sheen. The colored varieties mainly come from India. . It is composed of two feldspar species, orthoclase and albite. The two species are intermingled. Then, as the newly formed mineral cools, the intergrowth of orthoclase and albite separates into stacked, alternating layers. When light falls between these thin, flat layers, it scatters in many directions producing the phenomenon called adularescence.
Rainbow moonstone is more properly a colourless form of labradorite, a kissing cousin of moonstone, and can be distinguished from "true" moonstone by its greater transparency and play of colour, although their value, durability and chemical composition do not greatly differ. Labradorite, also known as Spectrolite, is scientifically known as Calcium Sodium Aluminum Silicate, whilst moonstone is, or Selenite, is known as Sodium Potassium Aluminium Silicate. Scientists also note that there can be certain amount of bleeding between the two. Meaning a lump of Labraodrite might contain areas of Moonstone. Think of Chevron Amethyst, which I use quite alot of in my fertility bracelets; Amethyst is a type of purple quartz, Chevron Amethyst has gorgeous bands of Amethyst, Milky Quartz and Clear Quartz (Rock Crystal) within it, so three similar stones in one! Bargain!!!
Please don't panic about your moonstone. Panicking will not get you pregnant and like I have mentioned before, physicists believe that it is the way light passes through a stone that affects the health and many healers use man-made Opalite Moonstone for fertility along with countless other gemstones and red coral. I also believe it is very much about state of mind and you should find a gemstone or piece of jewellery (OF WHICH THE STONE TOUCHES THE SKIN- SO PROBABLY NOT A RING) that you feel good about. It might not be moonstone at all, you might see a fertility bracelet with your favourite colours and that would be better, in my humble opinion, than a moonstone one, if moonstone doesn't really grab you. I think you need to find a piece that attracts you and you will love it and feel positive about it and the affect it will have on you. Remember, gemstones can store negative feelings ( refer to my earlier posts about cleansing and charging) and can store positive feelings, so if you look at your tumble stone, pendant, charm, bracelet or whatever and feel optimistic, it will store that.

I wonder if anybody would mind helping me out and telling me whether a belt-charm type thing might appeal to women like yourselves. Your opinions would be gretaly appreciated. I'm thinking moonstone, rose quartz and aquamarine with a butterfly or turtle charm, because not everyone like jewellery or can wear it all the time, but a charm could be worn on a belt loop and touched often and easily kept under a pillow at night. It could also be being charged under a full moon, whilst its owner keeps their bracelet on; I noticed that's a worry for some of you.
Love and best wishes, Cosmic Poppy

remember you can charge it in other ways and use it too.

This looks like natural white moonstone to me

I even just looked online and cant see the other colours... this may be a daft question but are u guys sure the other beads arent other stones...??:blush:

I am also in the UK, but I assure you there are many types of moonstone, especially the coloured varieties found in India. Just Google Moonstone and look in images. That's an easy way of looking through tonnes of pictures simultaneously.

Here are just a few...

Attachments

• moon stone.jpg
    moon stone.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
  • moonstone.jpg
    moonstone.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
  • moonstone_tumblestone.jpg
    moonstone_tumblestone.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • white_black_orange_moonstone_balls_gr57.jpg