Moonstone anyone?

eBay is where I got mine from. Cosmicpoppy wonderful seller.

When is the next full moon?

Oct. 11th! GL everyone! Fingers crossed for more moonstone babies. :flower:

Where do you buy moonstone?

That was probably answered previously but with 94 pages I dont feel like searching for it!

I got my moonstone bracelet from Zen Jewelz! Her fertility bracelet was featured on Real Housewives of New Jersey (I don't watch the show, so don't ask me how I know that). But anyway, I love my bracelet! I'm thinking of getting a rose quartz one from her as well.

Hi HoldOn2Hope! Do you know if you can charge moonstones even if it's overcast or cloudy during the full moon? Also, I live in an apartment complex and there are all these street lights right near our window, so that at night, you just see the street light streaming in even if you know the moonlight is still there. Can I still charge my moonstone even if the street light overpowers the moonlight?

Mine turned up friday morning, from cosmic poppy, just before a long weekend away and just before my predicted fertile period! Fx for this month

I have a lovely piece of moonstone hanging round my neck that my best mate bought me, & some rose quarts under my pillow. I'm really hoping that its going to help as i came off cerazette (minipill) & i know it can take some time for menstural cycle to get back to normal after taking this, pkus i'm still breast feeding my son. Really hoping that the moonstone can help.

Been wearing my moonstone, rose quartz, amethyst and a couple of other stones bracelet since CD1 and my chart is certainly looking promising. Felt really convinced I was pregnant yesterday and have been trying to convince myself to stop obsessing about it.

Hi HoldOn2Hope! Do you know if you can charge moonstones even if it's overcast or cloudy during the full moon? Also, I live in an apartment complex and there are all these street lights right near our window, so that at night, you just see the street light streaming in even if you know the moonlight is still there. Can I still charge my moonstone even if the street light overpowers the moonlight?

Absolutely! The moon's energy is still very present during overcast evenings. So, put it out tomorrow before you go to bed and bring it in in the AM. Some people then also put it out again for a few hours that night. I put a clear bowl of wter out there too and charge some "moon water" and drink a little each night through the new moon. But that's of course a personal preference! :flower:

It's ok if there are streetlights. It's also ok if you have to keep it in your windowsill, though it's best if it's on the earth.

the next full moon is the 12th.

Kind of...
It's just after 2am (UK time) on the 12th so technically it's the night of the 11th.
I had put my predicted lunar O in my siggie (born the day before the full moon), so when I saw someone say it was the 11th I got all worried that I'd got my moon dates wrong somewhere and was checking my spreadsheets and various websites to confirm the right date and then noticed the time of the full moon was 2.06am IIRC - just after 2am anyway.

ok, i think we can add another BFP for the moonstone gang!!! in fairness i'll this a combination moonstone/softcups/weightloss BFP. :)

it's faint, but it's there!! now, if you had a faint positive the day before AF is due, would you take the bracelet off tonight to recharge it?

ok, i think we can add another BFP for the moonstone gang!!! in fairness i'll this a combination moonstone/softcups/weightloss BFP. :)

it's faint, but it's there!! now, if you had a faint positive the day before AF is due, would you take the bracelet off tonight to recharge it?

Congrats hun! :wohoo:. I would personally still charge it. Moonstone is said to assist in helping you have a healthy pregnancy and labor. This time if you decide to charge, those are the positive thoughts you can have when you clean it. HnH9mos!

wow moonstone looks really interesting, congrats to all who got their BFP. I have just ordered my moonstone bracelet :dust:

Well i got crosshairs on FF today, i really hope it is right!! :happydance:

xx

Think i might join the moonstone bracelet club. Any recommendations where i get one? :flower:

I got mine from Ebay from Cosmicpoppy! Its really nice and I love it :dance:

Xx

congratulations!

Cosmic Poppy said you didnt need to take it off to charge it a couple of pages back.

Ok just checked jtv.com and they have 16 in of round moonstone beads for under $20, but they are opaque. Does that matter? Sorry if this has already been covered, there are just too many post to read them all.

There seems to be a large variety of what they call moonstone.

Thank you

It cab be opaque, but can also have transcluecnt qualities, There are so many types of moonstone and they are all quite different... I am attempting to attach a photo of all the moonstone I currently have in stock. You will see large rainbow moonstone, two sizes of natural white and cream moonstone and some peach moonstone, but there are quite a few other types out there as well. Some can be quite transparent, some have ghostly clouds in them, some have flashes of colour.... Hope this helps, Love Cosmic P

Can you please tell me what the moonstones in the last picture are called please? Mine is the same and I never know what colour I should call it! Thank you :flower:

The large beads at the front are rainbow moonstone, they usually have flashes of colour and most have them have a quartz feel. Whilst my most expensive beads, some are "imperfect" having black flecks in them and visible crystaline structures inside. They can be quite clear in some areas. In the background is natural, untreated white moonstone. Both types come from India, not Sri Lanka, like Blue Moonstone, which looks completely different and is very flawless and ghostly.
Some of my white moonstone beads, seen at the back of that last photo, can have a flash of blue, others have phantoms inside or an eerie light that moves over the surface. Another batch was slightly cream and very opaque, but with a cats eye quality. The peach has that same strange cats eye irridescence moving over the surface.
I don't come on this forum much, because I don't want people to think I'm stalking.. LOL... However I will try to answer any questions I come across and would be happy to look at pictures of your own moonstone if you are dubious. I think most of you would know how to get in touch without me looking like I'm advertising...
I think it's possible that some people are worrying too much about why there are so many types of moonstone. It comes from various countries and so there are slight variations! Colour changes occur in many gemstones depending on where they are from. Moonstone can be colorless, white, yellow, green, brown, orange, pink, or grey, but it always has a white or blue sheen. The best moonstone is colorless with a blue sheen. The colored varieties mainly come from India. . It is composed of two feldspar species, orthoclase and albite. The two species are intermingled. Then, as the newly formed mineral cools, the intergrowth of orthoclase and albite separates into stacked, alternating layers. When light falls between these thin, flat layers, it scatters in many directions producing the phenomenon called adularescence.
Rainbow moonstone is more properly a colourless form of labradorite, a kissing cousin of moonstone, and can be distinguished from "true" moonstone by its greater transparency and play of colour, although their value, durability and chemical composition do not greatly differ. Labradorite, also known as Spectrolite, is scientifically known as Calcium Sodium Aluminum Silicate, whilst moonstone is, or Selenite, is known as Sodium Potassium Aluminium Silicate. Scientists also note that there can be certain amount of bleeding between the two. Meaning a lump of Labraodrite might contain areas of Moonstone. Think of Chevron Amethyst, which I use quite alot of in my fertility bracelets; Amethyst is a type of purple quartz, Chevron Amethyst has gorgeous bands of Amethyst, Milky Quartz and Clear Quartz (Rock Crystal) within it, so three similar stones in one! Bargain!!!
Please don't panic about your moonstone. Panicking will not get you pregnant and like I have mentioned before, physicists believe that it is the way light passes through a stone that affects the health and many healers use man-made Opalite Moonstone for fertility along with countless other gemstones and red coral. I also believe it is very much about state of mind and you should find a gemstone or piece of jewellery (OF WHICH THE STONE TOUCHES THE SKIN- SO PROBABLY NOT A RING) that you feel good about. It might not be moonstone at all, you might see a fertility bracelet with your favourite colours and that would be better, in my humble opinion, than a moonstone one, if moonstone doesn't really grab you. I think you need to find a piece that attracts you and you will love it and feel positive about it and the affect it will have on you. Remember, gemstones can store negative feelings ( refer to my earlier posts about cleansing and charging) and can store positive feelings, so if you look at your tumble stone, pendant, charm, bracelet or whatever and feel optimistic, it will store that.

I wonder if anybody would mind helping me out and telling me whether a belt-charm type thing might appeal to women like yourselves. Your opinions would be gretaly appreciated. I'm thinking moonstone, rose quartz and aquamarine with a butterfly or turtle charm, because not everyone like jewellery or can wear it all the time, but a charm could be worn on a belt loop and touched often and easily kept under a pillow at night. It could also be being charged under a full moon, whilst its owner keeps their bracelet on; I noticed that's a worry for some of you.
Love and best wishes, Cosmic Poppy

here.

Congrats, maggiepie11!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->