My ~*January*~ Testing Ladies, on our way to our BFP!

Morgan and Mommy- CB easy tests are the easiest to use. If you are not fertile, you get a circle. If your estrogen levels are rising- signaling impending o, you have a blinking smile. If your LH levels are surging- o will happen within 48 hours, you have a solid smile face. That being said, they are expensive: about $50 for 20 tests. I know a lot of people who will use the regular OPKs and then confirm with the CB opk so that they know for sure.

Mommy- I have never done ferning. I never wanted to get into it because it would be something else I would obsess about. I am very type A and would be concerned with every detail (hints why I use the CB tests- keeps me somewhat sane).

AFM- I got my pos opk this morning. So should O sometime in the next 24-48 hours. It is cd16, so I am a little worried about my lutal phase; meaning I will probably use my creme, once I can confirm O with temp, to try to extend that. I really hope this is my month (again). DH and I have been BDing everyday since Friday night (and every other night before for like a week). I guess we will continue to bd every night for the next 3-4 nights. It starts to get comical at this point in our TTC journey.

Hope you all get your pos OPKs soon.

yeah i like the opks from early pg tests- they worked really well last time, i got such a great positive line it was the cycle i also got pg. I also hadn't used them before. but nah i won't be confirming with cb. I will however most likely be confirming my bfp with one like i did last time. just a regular on ethat is, no digital anything.

i hear you on the ferning and the type a stuff- i'm the same. i'm freaking insane. I just set it up every morning, just the drop of saliva, shower, dressed, come back and check just before starting my morning. works well, otherwise i'd eat and drink and all that crap just before doing it, so i have to stick to my routine. annoying.

So glad you got your pos opk!!!! cd 16 isn't too bad, :) really hope it's your month hun!!!! thinking of you and have everything crossed!!!!!!

:hugs:

I started using the dollar store hpts, but if I get a bfp I will probably confirm. When I get a bfp (hopefully in 2 weeks), I need to go to the doctor immediately for testing. I feel like I live at my drs office- I am there so very often.

I started using the dollar store hpts, but if I get a bfp I will probably confirm. When I get a bfp (hopefully in 2 weeks), I need to go to the doctor immediately for testing. I feel like I live at my drs office- I am there so very often.

ugh drs. i hate going to them. not looking forward to the check ups again. :( If i manage to make it this cycle

The des I see are awesome. What's better is the nursing and office staff. I am sure they are sick of seeing me though. Seriously at least 23 visits in the past 12 months. I am ready for my Prego visits.

Did your tests come today? If not and you want to start the dollar store tests do work well. And they are sold in single quantities.

nope didn't come today, but i got a confirm that they shipped. it's first class so should be here tomorrow or the next day. i think last time they came in like 2 days. i am trying to be patient.

right now i'm just waiting for dh to get home from his night shift ugh. so we can get the :sex: in tonight.

i wish i liked my drs. and that's a LOT of visits!!!!! i have to get a new mw since we just moved so really hoping the new one will be better, they are right around the corner at least, i'm really hoping they're great.

I am hoping to do all natural again this time too so hoping they'll be on board for that.

oh i also haven't had any O pains yet, so i don't think we're there yet.

Ooo night shift. My dad was a police officer and my mom told me stories about ttc my sister while he had night shift- didn't sound like fun.

If you haven't had o pains, your probably good waiting for your tests.

I applaud you for all natural. P had to be a c because he had the cord around his neck. My sister in law is a midwife and has her own practice. She does births at a center and home births. She did hers at home. Most of my friends also did all natural- I don't know if I could do that, so I am amazed by your strength.

I also noticed you are still bfing, I know everyone is different but I didn't o until I had stopped for like 3 months. So if your opks don't show a pos this month you may want to talk to your midwife.

I have to find a new midwife too, that it go under high risk team.
No home births here, I have a very specific pregnancy plan to be followed.
Meant to be going to Peru over Christmas for my brothers wedding but if we get preg soon I don't want to risk it.

Ooo night shift. My dad was a police officer and my mom told me stories about ttc my sister while he had night shift- didn't sound like fun.

I applaud you for all natural. P had to be a c because he had the cord around his neck. My sister in law is a midwife and has her own practice. She does births at a center and home births. She did hers at home. Most of my friends also did all natural- I don't know if I could do that, so I am amazed by your strength.

i have had sore bbs though which is odd.

thanks for the applause on the all natural. it was tough. JUST before i started pushing that was like 7 hours in i asked if i could possibly get the epidural if it was going to be hours more, and they said no i was just about done. problem is the mw stretched me when i came in (do NOT have them do that, or do a sweep, or anything like that) which makes your contractions as if you were induced, seriously, they weren't coming off their peak and it was brutal. If i hadn't had that done i bet it would've been easier. i'm scared to death of a c-section, so in my opinion that's even harder!!!

I also noticed you are still bfing, I know everyone is different but I didn't o until I had stopped for like 3 months. So if your opks don't show a pos this month you may want to talk to your midwife.

oh no no i bf'd for 13 months, she's almost 2 now. :) been done a year aug 27th. :)

Meant to be going to Peru over Christmas for my brothers wedding but if we get preg soon I don't want to risk it.

i wouldn't want to risk it either hun.

what's your plan???

getting ready to O soon!!! cd 13 i'm guessing it'll be friday :)

I wouldn't risk it either. If you don't mind me asking, what happened with your first?

i have had sore bbs though which is odd.

thanks for the applause on the all natural. it was tough. JUST before i started pushing that was like 7 hours in i asked if i could possibly get the epidural if it was going to be hours more, and they said no i was just about done. problem is the mw stretched me when i came in (do NOT have them do that, or do a sweep, or anything like that) which makes your contractions as if you were induced, seriously, they weren't coming off their peak and it was brutal. If i hadn't had that done i bet it would've been easier. i'm scared to death of a c-section, so in my opinion that's even harder!!!

oh no no i bf'd for 13 months, she's almost 2 now. :) been done a year aug 27th. :)

i wouldn't want to risk it either hun.

what's your plan???

getting ready to O soon!!! cd 13 i'm guessing it'll be friday :)

Sore boobs? I get them sometimes and not others.

The C wasn't bad at all. It was actually less scary and and easier recovery than I would have thought. Only bad things were: 1) My mind has lost about 4 hours of the delivery day (I swear it was about 30 min from going into the c and being in my room and it was actually closer to 5- that includes the time in the recovery room. )2) it was scary leading up to it because P's heart rate was dropping to like 10 every time I had a contraction. I was induced so this was almost constant- turns out he had the cord around his neck twice, which is why I was contracting a lot, and was 98 percent effaced, but only 3cm dilated. When I get prego this time it will be a scheduled C. VBACs scare me.

I think I actually Oed last night because I was having cramping all night and my temp went up to 96.6- it has been around 96.2. I will confirm tomorrow and Thursday and then start the progesterone creme.

did you get to dtd last night then hun??? hope you caught it!!!! will be awesome if we get to get our bfps together :) when will you be testing?

did you get to dtd last night then hun??? hope you caught it!!!! will be awesome if we get to get our bfps together :) when will you be testing?

We have been bding every night since Friday- DH loves it! I have had a little cramping this morning too- but with at least 3 good follicles I would imagine that they would release at separate times???? We will probably bd tonight and the next 2 nights and then go back to every other day- just in case.

It would be awesome if we got our bfps together. Fingers crossed. I will probably test on the 15th. I will be back at work on the 12th, so hopefully that will keep my mind busy, but I am sure there will be a lot of questions about it. We are a small school and mostly women (5 men of staff including the owner and maintenance), so everyone knows everything.

Did you get to dtd last night? Did hubby get home from night shift in time?

Hey Girls- I have been watching in, but had nothing interesting to report. CD8 for me.. feeling good about getting to BD once again, but hoping O hurries! Looking at late next week O.

Overwhelmed - I had HELLP syndrome, which they think is a variant of pre-eclampsia. It caused my liver function to drastically rise and platelets to drop. Essentially the placenta was poisoning me from the inside. Bub was born by emergency c section at 29 weeks then spent 68 days in nicu. It all happened within 5 days, had a relatively normal pregnancy until then...

So I don't overly want to head to South America!

I am trying to conceive my first child and have been unsuccessful for almost two years. I miscarried in December of last year and still havent been able to get pregnant. Kind of down about it.

Can someone please post a "dictionary" of all the abbreviations people are using? I am somewhat confused with some of them. Thanks!

Overwhelmed - I had HELLP syndrome, which they think is a variant of pre-eclampsia. It caused my liver function to drastically rise and platelets to drop. Essentially the placenta was poisoning me from the inside. Bub was born by emergency c section at 29 weeks then spent 68 days in nicu. It all happened within 5 days, had a relatively normal pregnancy until then...

So I don't overly want to head to South America!

Wow! I'm so sorry. But everyone is healthy now? I don't blame you- I wouldn't take any chances either. That's why I won't even consider a VBAC.

I am trying to conceive my first child and have been unsuccessful for almost two years. I miscarried in December of last year and still havent been able to get pregnant. Kind of down about it.

Welcome. Are you under the care of a doctor? What cycle day (cd) are you on?

Can someone please post a "dictionary" of all the abbreviations people are using? I am somewhat confused with some of them. Thanks!

Basic ones- bd (baby dance), dtd (do the dirty), dh (darling husband), bfp or bfn ( pos or neg Prego test- respectfully), cd (cycle day), dpo( days past ovulation), opk( ovulation predictor test), hpt ( home pregnancy test), ff ( fertility friend).

Those are the most common- if you get confused, just ask or type it into google.

We have been bding every night since Friday- DH loves it! I have had a little cramping this morning too- but with at least 3 good follicles I would imagine that they would release at separate times???? We will probably bd tonight and the next 2 nights and then go back to every other day- just in case.

It would be awesome if we got our bfps together. Fingers crossed. I will probably test on the 15th. I will be back at work on the 12th, so hopefully that will keep my mind busy, but I am sure there will be a lot of questions about it. We are a small school and mostly women (5 men of staff including the owner and maintenance), so everyone knows everything.

Did you get to dtd last night? Did hubby get home from night shift in time?

Hey Girls- I have been watching in, but had nothing interesting to report. CD8 for me.. feeling good about getting to BD once again, but hoping O hurries! Looking at late next week O.

I"m planning on testing the 16th! so that'll be great. i may cave and do the 15th. But it also depends on O right? as soon as i get that confirm i'll test 12 days after. that's when i got my first pos last time. so just in case.

i did manage to dtd last night, tonight is the last late shift and then back to normal the rest of the week. doing soft cups tonight and hoping it works!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->