Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Grrr so earlier on my & hubby DTD but he put to much pressure on himself & well you guessed it.... Went limp. Timing would have been perfect had he finished
It honestly makes me feel insecure like am doing something wrong. We spoke about it & he said it wasn't me it just the situation & said I've done it twice before just a few days ago & said we're not putting pressure on ourselves with trying. I get his point but also feel like bursting into tears I just don't want to wait any longer by preventing by not finishing inside. I feel pretty low to be honest as I know it's going to take 4EVER with how long it's already taken on top of not having his sperm where it's needed.:sad1:
I just don't know what to do as this is exactly what we went through with TTC for our DD. I just can't sleep & think of the ever growing age gap plus's am getting no younger:sad2: it's just so flustering knowing you've got such a short window.
I just don't think I'll be able to come onto him again this month now because of this. I'll have to wait till he's ready. I honestly don't think I can take much more I know it's our first month back trying but I feel I've given him time & did what he wanted & now he's going back on his words. I totally get it's a massive decision but as I've explain SO many times it doesn't happen over night & we could find ourselves over a year later yet again. I just feel quite alone of am honest. Maybe it's coz its night time who knows i may feel different tomorrow if I ever get to sleep

Last edited:
Just chilled out downstairs with a cuppa tea suppose it takes how ever long it takes. Good thing still no positive opk usually come cd18 which is Thursday. But doubt he'll want to have sex again anytime soon after that.

Bumble, how frustrating!! I seriously seriously doubt that what happened had anything to do with you whatsoever. Have you ever been dtd and been enjoying it but for some reason didn’t climax. I know I have!! Not the fault of DH who’s very attentive in bed, sometimes my body just won’t comply, much to my annoyance. Totally the same thing!! But totally crappy timing.

Don’t write off dtd again before O time, it sounds like you and your DH have a healthy and regular sex life so try to just put last night behind you and move forward. Today is a new day!!

I can also understand feeling like it’s never going to happen, and worrying about the age gap etc etc. Firstly, I’m 36, very almost 37 and only just having baby 2, you’ve got YEARS on me. I also have friends who have larger gaps between their children, the elder ones being at school (even a few who’s are at secondary, my DH’s eldest is going there in sept!) and it can work out really well. Try not to let those things overwhelm you. I’m staying positive and confident for you!!!

Thanks so much BB. At times it's absolutely fantastic having you guys to talk with. Your absolutely 100% right & yes it's happened to me too. I actually text hubby as found it easier. Just expressing my feelings so also feel loads better about things. He's also said for me to definitely NOT stop coming onto him at all as he likes it
so FX were still in with a chance xx thank so much for your support too really means alot x

Oh god, what a day!!! DS woke at 6, we had a fairly good start, then he refused to listen to me telling him not run around at playgroup, then bam, gets totalled and whacks his head on the floor, refuses to eat any lunch, whinges all afternoon, refuses to eat any dinner, bites me (!) then finally shits in the bath!!! seriously, what am I doing having another!! It’s a good job he’s so cute. He’s asleep now so I stare at him like he’s a sleeping angel. love is a funny thing. Xx

Ohh Hun that does sound eventful. Gotta love the winge am hungry, winge am tired, winge arhh I don't know am just wingin HAHAHA
God I've had many of them days x hope you enjoy a relaxing evening once your DS got to bed

Still nothing on my opk? Very confusing. To be fair I did actually think I'd o later this cycle given I bleed for quite alot longer. Hoping I get a positive or increased line tomorrow. Am gonna go for it again tonight. When hubby got back from work I gave him a loving snuggle to test the water & think I could be in with a chance tonight x

Oh, well that’s good news, bding (hopefully!) and a few days extra before O time. Let’s hope that line appears soon. Cycles are always trying to catch us out!!

One day left at work ladies!!! Come on, I can do it! Just had horrendous back ache again, and been having really strong period type cramps. I know my body is getting ready, but there’s just no way to know how long before I actually am in labour. Could be tomorrow could be weeks!! I’m second guessing every pain, or every slightly weird thing. I just had a bit of a ‘loose’ bowl movement. Not the runs, but just not normal either. So now that’s on my kind as I know some people’s bodies ‘clear out’ before labour, but probably just one of those things, or I’ve eaten to much fruit today maybe!!

Last day for you BB enjoy Hun. I have a feeling your body will know it's your last day & won't be too long till little one arrives xx
I was watching a few clips of toddlers/young kids meeting & holding their siblings for the first time. Omg got me so emotional & excited for when our DD gets to meet her sister or brother. She'll be an amazing big sister

I bet, she’s old enough to understand pregnancy and get excited about a new baby. My DS has no idea what’s about to hit him!! but hopefully he’ll take it all in his stride.
Literally counting down the hours now, totally de-mob happy!!! Xx

Wooo! Happy last day love!!! Bet you cant wait to finish later!

And bumble I totally know what you mean in regards to the ‘limp’. Its happened a could of times with us and it is totally disheartening but like BB said (i never thought of it that way. I always got insecure about it too) we have our moments too. It just not so much an issue for us but for the men its kinda a bigger deal lol. So due O sunday/monday. Haven’t DTD since monday :( i was planning on last night and tonight then OH away tomorrow then again sunday. Well last night didn’t happen. But hopefully tonight will. Havent had my positive opk yet so fx can time this month well xxx

Tonight and Sunday sound like great timing Jam, fingers crossed one of those swimmers finds the eggy!!

Thanks Jam, sounds like great timing FX all goes to plan.
I finally have some sort of visible line appearing & compared to last few times my opk go from zero to positive within am to pm lol.
This month single pic, last month few tests together & last one shows my test today in between last month's test to show darkness.

15599053884712947372311976690943.jpg Screenshot_20190607-120632.jpg Screenshot_20190607-120751.jpg

Where would you girls buy cheap opk from other than the internet. I have 1 left so internet order wouldn't be here in time

Have you got a home bargains or b&m nearby? They might have stock. Wilkinson’s might have cheap ones. Think boots and Superdrug do their own brands but think they’d be more than cheapies but less than branded. Xx

Line looks good Bumble. Guessing you’re due a positive in the next 24 hours from last months tests. Xx

Yep got home bargains, b&m, poundshop I'll try them. Cheers Hun x

Hi ladies
Just took me a while to go through and catch up.
Had a fab holiday but will never take that pill again, this period has been horrendous ! So heavy it’s unreal. CD 4 today so will see what month 18 brings, second round of acupuncture tomorrow.

Bb can’t believe your due date is sooo close ! Rubbish about the name, have you yet to come across another? How’s the back ache / Braxton hicks ?

Bumble def book the hen night ! I didn’t book a holiday last year due to TTC and I regret it. Why I took the pill for this holiday and had amazing time at water park with dd. Sorry to hear about what happened with your dh, def still come onto him what’s the worst that can happen he says no. I too am freaking out about the age gap. If we conceive now it will just be before her 7th bday that number 2 comes, didn’t want this big of gap ! Also amazon do next day on the ov tests !

Jam let’s hope tonight is the night ! Don’t let him get away with not doing the deed

This saddo her just getting ready for love island ! Gonna be a good one tonight haha

And handmaids tale I’ve been waiting so long for series 3 ! Can’t wait !

So glad you had a great holiday we go in a little under 2 weeks. I had a telephone consultation with the doc last week to get that pill. I have the prescription but wasn't sure if to get it or not. I didn't know you had to take it 3 times a day. how long after stopping did your AF arrive. X

I had my last pill on Thursday and af came on the Tuesday, had I have known it took that long would have stopped taking it sooner but I suppose everyone’s body is different

Think I may pass on the tables then. You never know the tables may have altered your cycle slightly for the better? FX for this month for you MME xx

Well ladies heres this mornings test, please keep everything crossed that hubby will be up for it later. Am not so sure :-k

15599839635491262449785958439868.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"