• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New thread for recent losses TTC before the would have been due date...join me! :) xx

Tonight my DH made himself a late-night burrito and the salsa smell drove me crazy! I made him take the jar upstairs because even with the lid on all I could smell was that acrid, tomato smell. It was MILD salsa and the same brand we ALWAYS get. I've never thought salsa smelled before but this was so overwhelmingly pungent. It didn't make me feel sick to the stomach but it was all I could smell or focus on almost to the point of being dizzy. This is the second time this week that I've been grossed out by a smell that I'm normally used to or like.

Please let this be a sign! I feel like I'm going crazy!! Am I even in my tww??? Who knows!! With all this ewcm I could even be ovulating and before my latest bfp I had been getting 40 day cycles and this would be the exact time for ovulation in a 40 day cycle. My body signs are so messed up.

I am trying SO hard not to symptom spot... ugh! I hate this. 2 weeks and counting until I test! EXHAUSTED, heartburn (which I have NEVER had before), lower back pain, cm (like I had with my pregnancy before I lost the baby)
who know :)

Starry, the stuff with the smells sounds very unusual, let's hope it means good things. I've got everything crossed for you.

AFM - Since my last post I have finally started getting some AF symptoms - sore boobs (which I haven't had since my pregnancy) and cramping sensations, also felt a little emotional the last few days too. If this was a normal cycle I'd be due to start AF today so I'm ready and waiting.

I got impatient and took a test yesterday - BFN obviously.

This being my first proper cycle since my MC I have no idea if AF is going to turn up on time or now.

How's everybody else doing today?

Starry-- I hope you get that BFP!! everything seems so promising!! I had a lot of cm when i had my first bfp!! And the extra sensitive nose! :)

Cary-- I hope your blood tests come back soon. There is nothing worse than waiting for answers. Have you called the dr office just to check in on the status of it?

I'm beginning to wonder about my AF this first cycle. I know it can be different after an MC and it might take awhile to adjust. But before my pregnancy my AF lasted about 6-7 days. 1-2 days heavy-medium flow and after that just light -spotting. Yet this AF was light first day really heavy the second, medium the third, and then i feel like it just disappeared... ?? Its really bizarre. I'm hoping it was normal and I just got lucky with a short AF this time..?

Its so hard when I used to be so much like clock work and knew exactly what was going on and never had to second guess what my body was doing.

Right before I got my BFP I had an extreme sensitivity to smells. I could smell chicken in my bedroom with the door closed all the way from the kitchen. I think it's a great sign Starry. FX'd for you!

Cary my 2 afs since mmc have been 2-3 days long as well.

My appt was v gd. The consultant said she wasn't going to waste time by sending me off to try again seeing as we haved nanaged to get pg. She's given me 3 months clomid straight in at 100mg. If that doesn't work-referring for ivf.

Am on cd 8 so need to wait for next cycle but am pleased about that cos am enjoying playing with my new cbfm! Also she said when I get pg (not if!) she'll do early scans and progesterone suppositories which am also pleased about.

What made me laugh was she said once I've done the cbfm on the first cycle if clomid I am not allowed to count days etc-as if!!!

Hope you ladies in 2ww get gd news soon and hello to everybody.

Love vx

Its so hard when I used to be so much like clock work and knew exactly what was going on and never had to second guess what my body was doing.

Julie, this is EXACTLY how I feel atm. :wacko:

Me too. Yeah, I was often irregular but I knew my body so well that I knew when I was ovulating and when to expect AF.

nessaw - glad your appointment went well. Why would your consultant not want you to count days? I'm not familiar with clomid or what is all involved. Does it throw your cycles off or something?

AFM - going square dancing tomorrow for the first time. I have no rhythm or coordination and neither does DH. Should be fun! :haha:

At least we can feel this way together... i'm sure we aren't the only ones. It is just so frustrating!! I'm hoping before we are going to TTC I am able to get a good couple cycles charted on FF so I can see what is happening.

it doesn't make sense, but i felt like when I knew what my body was doing i was in more control lol and maybe thats why I have such a hard time with this wacko AF and longer cycle.

Julie, you hit the nail on the head there. There definitely feels like a lack of control when you don't know what's going on with your cycles. Hopefully after a few cycles we'll all be back to knowing what to expect.

Starry- Square dancing sounds like great fun. Enjoy! :)

Starry I think she was trying to get me to not stress about it but that is never gonna happen!

Starry for got to say clomid is to help o if u don't and make it stronger if u do. She is giving it to me to regulate my cycle cos it varies each month. So for example cycle 1 cd be 26 days then next cycle 22 then 28 etc. I had several cd21 tests which showed low progesterone which meant they thought I wasn't o-ing but an u/s and a pg showed I was. Looking at my dates the tests r for people with average cycles oing on d14 and having the test 7 days later. My first test was on cd22 of a 24 day cycle with ov on day 11 so no wonder it was low. The next two were better but still not great but again not done at the right time. Anyway thats a really long winded answer-sorry!

To prove my theory I got a peak today on my cbfm ob cd9 I reckon we've been missing this every month by bding after af finishes but not dtd again til around cd10/11. Am really hoping this is the month cos I'd rather not take the clomid. Fingers crossed for us all.x

Thanks for the explanation! I'd been on this site long enough to have gathered here and there what it was for but never really had it explained.

Yeah, I hope you catch this month too! Does clomid have any unsavoury side effects? Or is it just the annoyance of trying to remember to take them? I know I'm awful with forgetting my prenatals.

Hi everyone!

Ness - I'm so happy for you that you are finding some answers! May this be your month!

Starry - how's it going?

AFM - I think my hormones are going crazy. AF is over but I'm breaking out in zits (I only ever get one zit about a week before AF), I still have blue veins going around my BB's and to the nipples (I've had these since about the 30th of November), they (BB) are still sore, and I'm getting pretty bad headaches. (I don't usually get bad headaches). I seem to cry at everything!

I called yesterday, but the DR still had not received the results of my blood tests. Monday is a holiday, so I will have to wait until Tuesday.

I'm thinking I should make a doctors appointment and see what is going on. Ugghhh!

I think there's quite a range of side effects for clomid. I haven't googled cos I don't want to know yet! I think its ur hormones that go a bit hyper-fun for boyf!! I've seen a few posts on here about taking it at night to minimise the effect so will try that.

Cary hope u get some answers soon. Look after yourself.

Vx

At least we can feel this way together... i'm sure we aren't the only ones. It is just so frustrating!! I'm hoping before we are going to TTC I am able to get a good couple cycles charted on FF so I can see what is happening.

it doesn't make sense, but i felt like when I knew what my body was doing i was in more control lol and maybe thats why I have such a hard time with this wacko AF and longer cycle.

I just wanted to give you some hope...

We lost our first (MC @ 13 weeks, HB stopped @ 10weeks)

So the first cycle was 42 days (I'm a normal 28 d) with spotting at 35 days.
Second cycle O'd on CD 24 ish (conflicting info) and AF at my more usual CD 29.
We are now on CD 16 of third cycle post MC and things are seeming much more normal. Typical O signs right on time, etc. hoping that this means thins are back to normal but it did take 2 messed up cycles to get there. Hang n there, you will get your rhythm back :).

:hugs:

AF got me today so clearly my cycles are still a bit longer than what they were pre-MC.

Ho-hum, onto the next...

Thanks sunny. I'm just so impatient and want that BFP sooner rather than later. I was blessed for it to happen so quick the first time and I'm afraid after the mc it won't happen as quickly since my body is a bit out of sync with how it used to be. I know that's not the case for everyone and some people get pregnant again right away. We won't be TTC again until late feb early march. But it still worries me things won't level ou before then.

:hugs: tiny.

Fingers crossed this will be a more familiar cycle for you.

Julie.. I am the same way. I got my BFP 3 months after coming off b/c... and I am nervous that my body won't sync back up. Hoping I O soon. My CM turned watery today.

tiny - :hugs: That sucks that your cycles are still off. I hope your body goes back to normal now and that you can get your sticky rainbow.

anktpie - hope you ovulate soon! There are some cycles that I only get the watery cm. I assume that I actually ovulated when that happens. I have read that it's still fertile and should be good enough. Good luck with the BD'ing.

AFM - I'm planning on testing tomorrow morning -- less than 12 hours to my moment of truth and I'm chickening out. I keep telling myself there is no way I'm pregnant. I've never caught on a cycle this short. I am getting definite signs--they are not imaginary--but I'm scared it's just my hormones going out of control. I'm rambling now. I'm just scared. If I get a BFN I will know it's wonky hormones because this has been going on for 2 weeks now so if I really am pregnant I should be getting at least a faint positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->