NEWBIES!! TTC baby #1?? Congregate here!!

Havent got the car till 2moro!!

Might go to tesco tomorrow lunch so i dont have to go after work.

Im really nervous and scared about it tho.....:cry:

hi all, im new here and thought i should introduce myself...

my name is Wendy and im 23, DH is 25, we have been TTC for about 16 months now with no luck, was told about 3 years ago that i have PCOS so it would be harder for me to conceive. my cycle has been all over the place for years but the last 7 or so months it has really been acting up. with the :witch: staying for anything between 2-4 weeks at a time, so am starting to get really frustrated with it all.

Hi Trisha - there's a very helpful thread in the Forum Rules and Testing Forum - it gives you most of the abbreviations that people use (though I still have no idea what IC's or FR's are, and have only just worked out that Fx is Fingers Crossed - errrr I think!)
And please don't even think about being worried about your spellings or word jumbles - it was easy enough to get what you were saying, so no real problem there xx

As to your doctor Hmmmmm what a git!
Whether you are mature enough for children, only YOU know! There is no law that says 20 year olds are too young (or 40 year olds are mature enough for that matter).

It is actually very easy to change your doctor - ring round the ones in your area and find out which are taking new patients at the minute, then go along and register - but talk through your difficulties with them at the registration appointment (could be with a practice nurse rather than doctor) Tell them about the problems with your periods and that you need it checking out as ou definitely want children. It might be an idea to add that your old GP didn't seem willing to start investigations and this is your reason for seeking a new one. (That way you should be able to guage if they are going to take you more seriously or not)

Above all, DON'T PUT UP WITH IT! There are sympathetic doctors out there, when you find one you will kick yourself by not walking sooner!

Good luck hon xx let us know how you get on

PS Did I mention you should change your blummin doctor???? lol

Jojazz - keep positive that :witch: has stayed away this long, fingers crossed she may have packed her bags for the next nine months! I can understand that you would be nervous but really, I don't know how you've managed not to test 'til tomorrow.

:hi: Wendy. Welcome to the thread.

Urchin - what cycle day are you on?

:hi: BAC - it's CD21 for me and I'm doing that daft talking to my belly thing - telling that bean that if s/he's in there, to cling on tight cuz s/he's gonna be the most loved little bean that every there was

(ooops, I've made myself cry now - silly bugger):dohh:

i know, if id had some in the house i would of tested by now. but because i havent got any ive just steered clear of shops for the last week. although we're now running out of food so definately need to pay a visit.

Im trying to have a PMA...but

if it is a bfn which i really really hope its not and dont really think it will be cause i think i might actually feel a little bit pregnant...but it may all be in my head.

but anyway if it is neg any ideas why it would of stayed away???

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, ladies, I'm back again (briefly) like always! I do troll quite a bit on here, but haven't been posting much, as nothing much has been going on. I'm trying to not obsess to much over TTC, but just let what happens, happen. I've also been trying to get in shape for vacation next week...been exercising every day! Last week I lost 3 lbs, so I'm hoping to do well this week, also!

Today I'm going to start using opk's as it's nearing ov time. I've never used these before, so we'll see how it goes.

Nuke, I agree that it might be ov spotting. Since you're CD 10 & 11, maybe you're ov-ing early? Or maybe that's always when you ov, everyone's different, I guess.

Jojazz, call a friend or someone to take you shopping for a test! Don't let anything get in your way! :rofl: Fx for you that everything works out! :hugs:

Trisha, ditto what urchin said. :)

Urchin, it took me forever to figure out some of the abbreviations, too! IC's are internet cheapies (I think), and FR's are First Response pregnancy tests. They might also be written as FRER's (First Response Early Result).

Wow, that was a long post. I guess it makes up for being a slacker poster lately. :shrug:

:hi: BAC - it's CD21 for me and I'm doing that daft talking to my belly thing - telling that bean that if s/he's in there, to cling on tight cuz s/he's gonna be the most loved little bean that every there was

(ooops, I've made myself cry now - silly bugger):dohh:

awww urchin thats so sweet. i really hope you get your bfp very soon

You 2 BAS u all deserve to get one soon

xxxxxx
:hug:

Motomama - well done for losing 3lbs and hope you have a fab holiday.

Urchin - ooh it looks like we're very close in cds then, that is if you're around a 31 day girl. I've been looking forward to hearing everybody's symptoms.

Jojazz - there's no point wondering what would make that :witch: stay away until you test. There's only one reason I can think and that's..... :bfp: In fact, as soon as you do test PLEASE let us know asap. The wait is killing me!!

That is true, and with the symptom some of which may be in my head others theres just no denying that they are there.

i will be on here about 630ish tomorrow. so i should have some news by then :happydance:

Oh id be on :cloud9: if it was.

ooh im getting excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Urgghhh I'm just waiting AGAIN. I was waiting to have my AF and then waiting to finish, waiting for ov and now waiting for 2 weeks!! Never mind, I'm not on my own in this waiting game!

I'm only 4dpo so a bit too early for anything just yet. Actually, trying to occupy my mind has given me a great excuse to do those chores that I've been wanting to do for ages. I have been busy clearing out my wardrobes and drawers - so that's a good thing.

its amazing the things we do to keep our mind off things isnt it.

so where abouts r u from then??

your definately not alone in this waiting game!!! got my finher xd for you!!!

xxxx

I'm actually a Lowestoft/Gt Yarmouth gal but travel back and forth with my dh to Houston. I had to take a career break 'cos he was spending so much time over there it was becoming v difficult on our relationship so something had to give. Anyway, fingers crossed that those babies come soon and I would have had to cut my hours anyway, albeit the way things were we would never have seen each other to actually make said babies :dohh:.

I can't complain about being a travel buddy for my dh but it definitely makes it more difficult trying not to think about ttc. You should see the list I've created that's gonna keep me occupied!! (I detest cleaning but you know what they say about drastic times).

thanks jojazz - i can be a soppy wotsit at times :awww: me!

I'm a 28 day cycler BAS - never used to be, I was all over the place before 25,29,34 then I was on the bcp for many years (cuz my :witch: is horrendous) but since coming off it last summer I seem to have settled into a predictable 28-er......I've honestly never been so in tune with my body as I am now i'm ttc (pitiful really isn't it?)

oh right i used to live near norwich....

you can come and do my cleaning if it helps take your mind off things :rofl:

Urchin: i agree its amazing how we become so in tune.....i suppose its got something to do with the obsessing we do

Sorry Jojazz but I think I may have to decline the offer of cleaning for you :rofl:.

Urchin you need a ticker so I can easily follow it and remember how close you are to testing! What are you six days away? With regards to being in tune, I have learnt soooo much this month about my body what with my bodily fluid (eww) and quirky twinges. All this time I've been completely oblivious to all these signs and now everday 'cos they mean something I've been so amazed.

How do I make a ticker ???

want one! want one! wantonewantonewantone!

You can get them from www.tickerfactory.com or https://lilypie.com/. There are many more but these two I defo use for all sorts of things (I have a lot of countdowns on my igoogle regarding holidays and anniversary).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->