November Sparklers 2012

That's brilliant about the potty!

Darcy is doing really well since we've been topping her up with formula after every feed. She has put on a pound in a week since, so happy! She is now 8lb11oz at 6 weeks 5 days. She is sleeping so much better rather then waking up every 2 hours to feed, plus she is now settling in her moses basket.

Blondie-great news! :)

Morri-haha ya a potty makes it easier we have one from my stepson. Hes almost 3. We joke now lo will be potty traibed before him as he has yet to poop on toilet

That's so funny about the potty!! talking of poo's i have bought 2 new cloth nappies that i was so excited to try out. Well in a week i have got to use them 4 times and each time in put one on S she does a seriously explosive poo!!!! i really don't think a drop of wee has touched them!! so much for being able to see how absorbant they are! they must just be that comfortable!!

Good news Blondie about the weight gain, she sounds like a content baby now in her basket and sleeping better! S is now fighting nap time! she got tired today at 12, nodded off, then woke 20 min later. It took until 3pm to get her back down for a nap! but she's still asleep now and it's 16.40 and she's napping in her cot in her room for the 1st time!! (we co sleep at night)

F naps in his crib during the day (often not always). He's pretty random with nap length. He likes to sleep every 90 min of being up or so but sometimes it's 30 min (like just now) and sometimes it's 2.5 hours like yesterday afternoon...no real rhyme or reason.

Ugh last night he woke at 12:30 for a quick nibble then at 3...and pooped twice and stayed up until 5!!!!! He hasn't a) pooped at night or b) stayed up that long at night since like 5/6 weeks!

oh dear, sounds like a bit of a night Gaiagirl! hope tonight is better. The problem with S is that she really fights sleep, and after 30min wakes up and will be knackered 15 minutes later, so you think she's ok, get her up and then after a while she goes nuts as she's overtired, so having being up 4 hours, no way was 30 minutes enough!! But after finally having a 2 hour nap, she was a happy baby this evening :) then she has lots of excitement again and gets over tired so nap time again! a friend has informed me that she is a spirited baby type! not sure what that means though, but spirited describes her well!

Yup, same Charlie. He often wakes up only to need to sleep again 20 min later. He's SO much happier after a long nap!

I am 99% sure he has eczema :( I am going to get real about cutting dairy for 2-3 weeks since now the issues are just too much to ignore for me.

Anyone else's LO have eczema? It's not the red rash some get, this is little bumps all over his face and ears and behind ears...poor baby. I'm keeping it moist with coconut oil and I used sudocrem once for the zinc oxide. I feel weird using sudocrem but won't put it near his eyes and only use it when he is swaddled so he doesn't touch it...

gaia - my first had eczema really bad and I was able to practically cure it once he started on solids. I put flax seed oil in his cereal every day and it drastically improved the eczema in about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, at this early age, I'm not sure what to do. I've been taking precautions with Ninja and only bathe him once or twice a week to keep his skin from drying out (living in Colorado we have extremely dry air during the winter). His doctor was surprised at how nice his skin is right now. At this point, I have no way of knowing if he's prone to eczema like his brother, but I feel better at least doing what I can and seeing how nice his skin is. Good luck - eczema is hard to look at, but if you can keep it from getting too dry, it shouldn't bother them much.

So Ninja is doing great at night - his first stretch is anywhere from 5-7 hours (just had one 7 hour stretch, but yay!!). Again, this is from feeding time to feeding time, so it's not all sleep. In fact, he's been having a very hard time going down initially and it seems to be getting worse. :shrug: He goes back to sleep like a champ in the middle of the night, but fights going down initially. Any ideas of what I can do?!

I feel like he's getting really used to me being right next to him while he's sleeping and that might be why he has a hard time going down initially (cause I'm not close to going to bed myself). I'm thinking of moving his bassinet to the end of my bed instead of right next to me, but for some reason even moving him that far away is making me really sad. :dohh: We've had a hard time with naps too ever since our trip after Christmas. I have another little weekender trip next week and I'm worried that's going to mess him up even more.

Cridge, what did the eczema look like? I'm kinda self diagnosing this and it doesn't have the raised, red part that I see pics of. It's just little bumps.

As for sleep...is he definitely ready for bed at that time? I've tried putting F down before 9:30/10 and it backfired on me many times. So his bedtime is still 10ish when I go to bed. We usually watch Homeland on our tablet while I nurse him to sleep, lol.

Naps today were kinda annoying but he did awesome yesterday...it's so day by day still!

My Dominic gets what doctor said is eczema in the winter, it just looks red and chapped but that's due to dry air. We just lotion his face up with a thick cream. Anthony doesn't have this problem yet but D is red headed so his skin is more sensitive.

Anthony's sleep is pretty much the same he is going up to four hours now sometimes five! I read that, especially with bed sharing/co sleeping to not jump to help them at their every move. Which I was doing so he wouldn't cry and wake husband or Domi. So I've found just giving him his pacifier back or saying shh he will go back to sleep and sleep longer than those every two hour wake ups! There is still those times tho he seems fully awake and I get him, he takes two swallows of bottle and he's right back snoring! Drives me crazy!!

He's been very needy lately not wanting to be put down too often. And skipping pouting and go straight to the purple faced scream :(

He's holding his head better, smiling and cooing much more and following us with his eyes. He's also starting to lose his hair he he.

We've bought our oldest a "big boy bed" since he's bed shared with us pretty much forever. We skipped toddler bed and got a twin, its still in our room as I'm just not ready for him to be in a different room. Good news tho he's been sleeping 8-11 hours straight a night with no getting up!!

Cridge, what did the eczema look like? I'm kinda self diagnosing this and it doesn't have the raised, red part that I see pics of. It's just little bumps.

As for sleep...is he definitely ready for bed at that time? I've tried putting F down before 9:30/10 and it backfired on me many times. So his bedtime is still 10ish when I go to bed. We usually watch Homeland on our tablet while I nurse him to sleep, lol.

Naps today were kinda annoying but he did awesome yesterday...it's so day by day still!

Gai-I'm not sure bumps are eczema? (I'm not a doc tho!) what kind of bumps do they look like, tiny pimple types? Or patches?
I have eczema as does my stepson and for both of us and all the people I've seen before it looks almost like a windburn...really dry patches of skin, sometimes raised.?.oh and haven't been red.
Could it be baby acne? I've heard that some babies don't have it at first but then can develop it after a month or so.

It's little red or colorless bumps but really not acne like. Also he's 10 weeks which seems REALLY late for baby acne, but around the time eczema first shows up. I also saw somewhere that it can appear as bumps on the face and behind the ears, and he definitely has it in both places...so hard to know!

I don't want to go into a clinic during flu season for it though, so I'll just self diagnose! Lol

Thats great Daddies! I have heard that about cosleeping, so I've been trying the same but he seems to resist every effort and insist on eating! STILL every 2-3 hours...

If it is excema. When I was a kid my mom used Vaseline mixed with mineral oil on my spots (aka my whole body!) I had it real bad over whole body so bad clothes would stick to me :( so at night shed slather me in that and put on pjs that covered me all up so it wouldnt rub off.
Perhaps something to try.

A friend shared this with me and i literally LOL. may not be true for all but was for sure for me ;) caution!! dont read if you dislike valgur words and sarcasm.

https://www.scarymommy.com/a-letter-to-my-pregnant-child-less-self/

We decided a few days after Hayden was born that it was awkward sleeping with both our boys so also put ethans bed into our room and he is so happy with it. It makes it a lot easier too as if he wakes up in the night we are litterally a few feet away from him so he doesnt get upset from waking up alone.
We have just discovered that Hayden loves having a bath, he smiles loads in there and kicks his legs about. Some evenings he finds it hard to settle and gets upset so we take him in the bath to calm him down.

Tristan has those colourless bumps. Originally they were accompanied by redness but generally now they have no colour. One Dr said it was his hormones regulating and another (at his 6 week check) said it was his skin getting used to the life outside the womb. Either way I think it's what people refer to as baby acne. Tristan's comes and goes.

We generally get one 3 hr stretch at night, between feeds and then the stretches get shorter so usually then 2 hrs then 1 hr. It's exhausting. Thankfully most days my dh gives me an hour or two sleep in but he's away all next week. I'm dreading it.

Last night however, I he only woke once! So today it's my dh's turn to sleep in.

Tristan sleeps a lot during the day, like sometimes he can do 5 hrs! Usually he'll wake for a feed during this but sometimes he'll sleep right through. Maybe that's why nights are bad but he still sleeps then, he just wants feeding regularly.

Has anyone put their lo in their own room yet? I know it's early but I remember it improving things last time so we're really tempted.

by the way zinc oxide dries the skin out so if it is dry already maybe it is good to be careful with it. I wouldnt put lo in an own room yet still way too small. uch safer to keep them near you also for implications like sids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->