November Sparklers 2012

Gaiagirl, my lo has dry skin behind her ears and in her forehead. Our hv advised a to use olive oil on the skin and in the bath. Although it isn't excema.
I used to have excema behind my ears when I was young, my mum put E45 on it and it went pretty quickly.

Goodness me I just read part of a blog of a mum on a different forum and it was so devastatingly sad. :cry:. Her son had a condition called Krabbe disease and only lived for 1 year .

Cridge, my LO is the same with getting to sleep at night or naps, it's tough as she really fights it. Yet once asleep at night will get back to sleep easily on her own after a feed. We use to swaddle her and put white noise on and that worked a treat. Now we can only use the white noise as she's goes nuts now with the swaddle, that's making it much harder. Just now she woke from a 45 min nap after an hour of red eyes and yawns she finally got to sleep! when she woke after 45 min i thought OK maybe that was enough, up she got then 15 min later wailing like a banshee!! back to bed, 2nd time was a lopt easier! have you tried white noise and swaddling for ninja??

Gaiagirl, S had very bad acne but she was younger, between 3 and 8 weeks. Does she get irritated by her skin? i would have thought baby eczema would irritate your LO as it's usually very dry and itchy, is there a local pharmacist that you can get to so they can look?

F&C, S is now napping in her crib in her own room but at night she is in bed with me. I don't think i could put her into her own room just yet!! i think co sleeping is more for my benefit than hers at the mo as i'm sure she'd happily settle without me!

Daddies, i love the letter to my pregnant childless self!!! cracked me and my OH up, especially the bit about natural birth and never mind your belly it's all going on your bum!! way too true with my EMCS and mamoooooth post partum hips and bum and i won't mention the rest!!!

I have a bit of a dilema at night with S, she appears to cry but be asleep, now last night this happened i think twice so i stroked her head and gave her a dummy and she settled. She was not awake though as eyes firmly shut but crying, but a different cry to the usual needing something cry! but then at 4.30 am she did it again and i then thought that it's 8 hours since she's had a feed so fed her for 30 minutes and she went back to sleep. Now I'm not sure if i should of fed her when she was crying in her sleep?? any ideas or anyone seen similar with their LO's??

Morri, i can't read things like that now i'm a mum, i find it too upsetting :( not that i didn't before, just i think i can relate to it more now. God know how i will cope back at work now as working in A&E (ER) you see some pretty horrible things with babies and children. I saw something awful with a 21 month old when i was heavily pregnant and i just froze, it was too much! but now LO is here it'll probably be harder. Luckily these things are so rare though, but that can make them more tragic when you hear/read about them.

Anthony won't be sleeping alone for awhile not even a nap. I'm way to paranoid especially with how he spits up there has been many a night he spits up where I have to roll him over quickly or pat his back I'm scared if he's alone he'll choke. Plus he's into roll on his stomach since he sleeps on his side and nuzzling his face on the matress which I've noticed sometimes he'll try and fall asleep face down!! So I say he'll be with us till at least 6 months.

But if mom isn't worried and baby has no real problems I can see why switching baby over sooner than later is a better idea!

We haven't wanted to move D to next room till Anthony sleeps over night since I don't want to spend all night feeding A and dealing with Dominic crying all night. Plus I'm super paranoid he will get up before us and go outside since he can open our doors no problem, we've already caught him in the garage and backyard plus the other day we were about to leave and I was changing Anthony probably not even three minutes and called out for Domi, went into living room for him and the door was wide open!! I ran outside I see him in the DISTANCE just walking down the street in his sweater and diaper only!! Scariest moment of my life!! We have handles not knobs so there is no way to baby proof them and they unlock once you pull handle down :nope: I put in a request for housing to change our handles so until that happens he's not sleeping in next room!

oooh blimey, that is scary daddies!! thank god you reaslied fast were he'd gone!

Yea charlie, I didnt come to the end of her blog, only to till he was half a year old because it was really sad.

On a good note , yesterday I was meeting my sister and mother in the shopping centre not far from where I stay, she had her 2nd son in an ergo carrier and i had lo in my bondolino so it made a cool picture. Her 2nd son is only 8 month older than lo, which is quite cool :). It is amazing to see the difference 8 month make though.
I hope theyll like each other later as lo wont have any sibs shell just haver her 2 cousins.

Wow scary daddies! R u able to install a latch of some sort that is up high out of reach? (like the kind in hotels type I'm thinking of)

So today we took lo to the pool swimming for the first time. He loved it! Was so happy hanging out in the water. Then we took him in the "hot tub" (it's more just a warm hot tub sized pool for families to go in, about as warm as his baths) he loved it in there and almost fell asleep he got to relaxed! I think I have a lil water baby! Which is awesome because swimming and being around the lake is a big part of our lives.

It was terrifying to the point we have chairs under the handles! We're just lucky we live on a quite street with not too many house and that he stayed on the Sidewalk! We live In Military housing So they make the rules one being we can't alter the house anyway without written premission so I asked about adding locks and they said no but that they will come out And change the handles to knobs. What a relief that will be

That's great about the water! How fun!

thanks girls! We do swaddle and he definitely likes to be swaddled - it helps a lot! He escapes almost immediately, but he still expects to be swaddled. A few nights ago I decided to skip it because he escapes so easily. He struggled even harder to get to sleep. I finally swaddled him and he went out like a light. :dohh:

I've done white noise (humidifier) and that seemed to make things worse. Every night I used it, he got up more frequently. :shrug: I know white noise is supposed to help, so maybe I just need to try a different kind.

As for the time he goes down, he's definitely tired but fights it. Sometimes we go through it all at 8pm and sometimes as late as midnight he's still fighting. :shrug: He had a really good night last night and went right down, but I don't know what the difference was. :shrug:

His "schedule" is so crazy I have no idea when to try to put him down. I'm rolling with it right now, but when he hits 3 months I think I'm going to get serious about trying to schedule him. I have a feeling it's going to be tricky! Some times he goes down for a nap for 30 minutes, and some times 2 hours, but he's pretty much always awake for only about an hour at a time. I think I need to stretch his sleeping somehow so he's up longer. Who knows. This kid is a mystery to me. :haha:

As for sleeping in a separate room, I moved my first earlier than now, but I'm nowhere near ready to move little ninja. I don't know why, but I just want him close to me. I had the thought that he's becoming dependent on me being right next to him, so I moved his bassinet to the end of my bed and that seems sooo far away! :dohh: He does really well for naps in his crib but it's definitely me keeping him in my room for now. I just want him close.

Daddies - I'm glad you're getting the knobs changed, but they do have safely locks for handles - they're just harder to find.

I still take lo to bed when I go, but she doesnt seem to mind yet. she stays in bed atm with me till about 10 am(well she is in her cosleeper). (oh is away on business :( ) and then shell sleep some more on the couch during the day(with me being on it too obviously). I don't know when to get her to bed earlier but I think she doesnt mind atm and will tell when she needs an earlier bed time , actually it is interesting that there never has been a study as to how much sleep would be ideal for a babyy/toddler kid. All thats been done is recording the average of sleeping times for babies etc .

My little man likes to go up to bed in the evenings sort of around 7/8pm, he gets really unsettled downstairs until you take him up. I think its because he likes to stretch out to sleep rather than be cuddled. Its fine as long as he stays asleep but often he wakes up often unless I'm up there with him so means i end up going to bed early when really i need to be downstairs doing housework.

eh, think S is going through the 12 week growth spurt that i have been warned of a week early....cluster feeding all day, won't let me put her down, won't nap at all, it's 11pm and she is still fighting sleep (normally goes to bed between 8.30-9pm) and really erratic all day. I am exhausted and i feel like i have a real newborn all over again!! i really hope that this doesn't last long!

I put Cohen to bed at 8pm and I have to swaddle, I am wanting to move over to the sleeping bags soon though :/ x

Both of mine never liked being swaddled. We take A to bed whenever we go no real schedule he naps whenever he wants. He's pretty good at night as long as he has a full belly he'll go right down no matter what time it is. He still wakes 2-3 times to eat and wakes fully around 8am plus. Hopefully he stays a decent sleeper !

Think my oldest is on a growth spurt! He's been sleeping around ten hours straight at night and taking a 2-4 hour nap during day. Plus drinking lots of milk and eating tons of food. Yesterday he pooped and peed a little in his big boy Elmo potty :)

I never had mine swaddled shes been in sleeping bags from the start. She only gained 160g past week, I wonder how comes, normally she had been gaining about 400g per week :(. Midwife said everything is alright though.
She is now 6600g (14lb 8.8 oz)

That's a great weight Morri so wouldn't worry, they all grow at diffrerent rates at different times.

My LO was swaddled to sleep until she was 10 weeks. Then she got more agitated with the swaddle so we stopped and now use the grobags. She let us know wheb she didn't need the. Swaddle anymore.

S is on a marathon sleep session today, kind of a reloef after yesterdays feeding frenzy!!

Oh ladies I'm really starting to freak myself out!! I've been feeling so exhausted and nausea lately :( my husband keeps joking I'm pregnant :( which I think I will just die if I am! But maybe its the birth control? I started taking the low hormone pill Sunday so I wonder if it can make you ill first? I think once the boys wake i will call our clinic and see if I can take a test as a walk in I don't want to buy one if I'm just paranoid.

I know someone slap me but we did have unprotected sex twice but it was this week so no way could it be causing issues already! And before we were using spermicide which is 94% effective. Blah!!

oh my daddies, hope it's the new birth control, can you imagine having 3 under 3?!!!!!!!!!!!! :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->