• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Sparklers 2012

Hi ladies,
I hope you and your LO's are happy and healthy. I must change my signature here as our LO was born on the 2nd December.
Darcy and I are doing well, she sleeps for around 2-3 hours and is breast feeding well although she has been a bit more demanding over the last few days. She always falls asleep on the breast so I take her off but within minutes she cries for more. At the moment it feels like she just constantly wants to feed. At night I do get frustrated but then I look in her big blue eyes and it doesn't matter.
Also we co sleep with her and are struggling to put her down in her bouncer or her cot during the day, any advice would be gratefully received. She just wants to be held constantly.
My oh's mum and 2 sisters are over from Ireland visiting for the weekend which we are looking forward to.

Blondie she sounds like my little one. I've found he'll go down 7 times out of 10 if he's wrapped in a soft, fleecey blanket. Xx

I'll give it a go, thanks!

Has anyone bathed their little one yet? Darcy is starting to get a little flaky and I think it might help. Shall we just use plain water? Our midwife said to use either olive oil or Vaseline after. What is everyone else using?

I bathe him about every two days, he just started liking them. I want to bathe everyday but dont get to it all the time. After we usually use coconut oil to slather him down :) Ive always bathed both kids every night as it helps with the "routine" of knowing its time for sleep. We take a nice bath, baby massage with lotion or oil, put on pjs, eat, then they are passed out! works every time :winkwink:

Im not sure on advice for getting lo to sleep alone. This baby is MUCH more relaxed than my oldest, he NEVER wanted to be layed down anywhere but in my arms. I just started using a carrier with him if I wanted to get stuff done or a swing, he really loved that. Anthony will sleep anywhere no problem during the day with the occasional wanting you to hold him nap. At night he sleeps with us as I dont feel comfortable yet letting him sleep alone plus its easier for me to get sleep with doing everything in the bed for him (eating, changing ect) Some babies are just more "clingy" than others I think, my 15 month old STILL sleeps with us and still wont go down with out you holding him.

We haven't started bathing yet and T is 12 days old now. He's also quite flakey but I think we want to hold off a little longer and just top and tail him.

Xx

Has anyone thought about dtd? I'm nervous! My husband wants to but I keep putting it off. I feel healed and well physically and we bought condoms I'm just nervous. my doctor appointment is next week they wanted it at four weeks than the usual six so maybe we will after that idk!

hi ladies, doesn't time seem to be flying now the bubbas are here!
My little man is 12days old today and we are doing ok though its hard work with a nb and a 25month old.

My little man is also 12 days today. It's going so fast. Today's my first day without my dh home so wish me luck!

Re dtd as I had a 3rd degree tear I've been told to wait until at least 6 weeks but I think it'll be longer. I'm still no where near recovered and I think some of my stitches opened yesterday.. Ouchie.

We only bathe the LO every 3/4 days...he doesn't get very dirty! I wipe his face and neck usually every day and obviously his bum lots!

As far as dtd...not yet please! I'm not ready, lol.

Tonight the little man fell asleep at 7:30 which isn't the best time for a nap, since I like him to eat before bed around 10. So at 10 I did a 'dream feed' I guess it's called. I roused him just enough to feed him a little bit and he stayed asleep until 1! Usually he goes 10-2 but still, I was so glad he wasn't up again from 10-12! Now I'm feeding him lying down and lets hope he back to sleep quickly...

Started trying gripe water for the early morning gassy period he usually has around 4-6am! Works pretty well, also elevating his head and chest in the cosleeper so that gas can work it's way up rather than down!

Ahhhh never a dull moment!

Cookie- I know the feeling :( my son is only 15 months and tries to be "helpful" it use to be cute now its just driving me insane! I can't leave Anthony alone as Dominic will cover him up (usually his head) take his pacifier out, pile stuff on him, kiss him (head butting) throw toys at him, found him trying to give him a baby food snack the other day! Now when Anthony gets up Dominic starts crying! Two screaming babies blah!!

I tore as well 2nd degree than up through urethra :( doc told me stitches dissolve 7-10 days and I looked and they are gone plus it no longer feels like I'm dying when I pee :nope:

We have gripe water too as he is sooo gassy. After you give it to him he will fart all night long! We mostly use the mylicon drops though as its not so much liquid to take at once.

We wash baby so often as he spits up all day long and that is not a lovely smell! We change his clothes at least twice and he wears a bib! Plus he poos so much I swear the smell lingers but my husband says he doesn't smell it.

Yep mine went down to my anus and up through my urethra. Tbh it's only just started stinging which is making me think it's opened up.

Oh no! Hopefully if it did its an easy fix. These babies owe us big time :winkwink:

Yikes ladies those years sound intense! I had two small stitches that the midwife said were optional and not necessary. At the time I thought I was going to have major repair because it felt so intense - I can't believe how much our bodies can stretch! Amazing!

I was never told to pant when he was crowning, but was just constantly told to push. Do you think that's why I tore so badly?

Did you have an epidural? I don't know about panting, I didn't do that but I definitely worked with my body and pushed when it felt right...

Several times his head would make progress then regress and it was SO frustrating but I guess that slowly stretched the birth canal too...

I think pushing was about an hour for me? I can't remember and no one looked at the clock! Lol

I'm not sure how long it took - It felt like 15 minutes of pushing but it could easily have been longer. Nope, no epidural. I was feeling the urge to push and the MW was telling me to go for it.

I think it all depends on babies size. With my oldest he was 7 pounds with a larger head, no pain meds and midwife never told me to stop pushing and she was helping stretch and massage and I got a 2nd degree tear. This time I had an epidural, he was 8 pounds 13 ounces and I felt him crowning and doctor said to stop pushing and he helped ease him out. He said I tore through last scar and this time up through urethra :( so I blaming a bigger baby lol.

Odd tho My oldest was a major cone head after birth, I thought something was wrong with him! Anthony had a nice round head? Maybe cause Dominic came out facing toward my thigh he smashed his head more.

I had a 3rd degree tear with #1 and I was dtd by 4 weeks for sure - maybe 3. This time around, we've "dtd" (very little participation from me :blush:) twice, but I just feel nowhere near being ready.

F&C (I think it's you..??) my c-section incision was very numb in the beginning (still is quite numb), but as the numbness has started to wear off, I can feel the incision more. So maybe you haven't torn open, maybe you're just starting to feel it more. :shrug: I'd be careful though just in case.

We had 2 five hour stretches last night!! :thumbup: I wish that meant more sleep for me, but I feel like I still get about the same amount of sleep. Ninja didn't want to go back down after he got up the first time, so I still only got a couple of hours, and then he started waking just before 3 hours the second time, but finally went back to sleep, but then #1 came in and woke me up. So even though we're getting longer stretches, I still feel like I'm not sleeping! It's a matter of time though, hopefully!

Regarding the clinginess and sleep issues, I'm reading a book called "The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep" by Dr. Harvey Karp. You've probably heard of the 5 S's?? He's the one that first wrote about them. You might find it helpful. He also has a DVD out that was nice and short (so dh didn't mind watching it too) and it really goes over most of his tips and tricks and shows you how to do them all (so you could probably get away with just watching the dvd if you want). Basically, it's making sure baby is swaddled correctly and then turning on their "calming reflex" by using the other 4 "S's".

I don't know what's worse sleeping for 2 hours at a time or 4 since you get into a deep sleep! Though I have our routine down and its over fairly quickly I find myself waking up doing stuff lol I keep his gas drops, diapers, formula and warm water on night stand so sometimes ill "wake up" and ill be making his bottle lol. Last night I woke up and he was asleep in my chest no idea why, I'm thinking I was burping him and fell asleep. Both my boys sleep in late but hubby always wakes me up somehow!

Tristan has slept all day, just waking for milk. I'm dreading tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->