• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Sparklers 2012

daddiesgift - I know what you mean - sometimes getting a little more sleep feels even worse! I tried to sleep during the day yesterday and it just made me feel sick for the rest of the day.

F&C - I was thinking the same thing yesterday because my guy slept so much of the day! But last night was his best night yet. So my fingers are crossed for you tonight! :thumbup:

We had the worst night yet last night, Darcy just wanted feeding constantly, then she wouldn't let go of my nipple as she just wanted to suckle the whole time. I actually cried as I was so exhausted. I think I had just over 2 hours sleep!

Blondie - :hugs: Have you tried a pacifier? My son wanted to be attached constantly starting in the hospital, and I had to give in and give a pacifier to get some relief. We haven't had any problem with nipple confusion or anything.

A friend has given us a couple, my oh was begging to use one last night but they had to be sterilised. I want to see how the next couple of nights go before using them. I wasn't sure whether it was too early to give one to her. I've tried to get her to self sooth by putting her fingers in her mouth this afternoon which she only does for a few seconds. We'll see how she goes tonight, I'll update tomorrow.

Though I don't breast feed anymore I did the first 9 days and gave him a "soothie" pacifier and he did fine if not better latching on after using it. The hospital gave it to me so if you do try one maybe try that? It's the one in his mouth in my avatar picture :winkwink: it seemed he took it much more when I was breast feeding than he does now but its a life saver!

Just left doctors, we should just move in there! Anthony had two poops today I swore were black and seedy so doc said come in in case it was blood. It wasn't tho it was dark he said I could mistaken it for black then of course while there he poops and its yellow/green seedy which doctor said is ideal. But he spit up about five times while there so doctor got to see what I was talking about and agreed its reflux so gave us a prescription for that. My oldest had it too but much worse. Anthony is sleeping now so we'll see if it makes a difference when he wakes

Thank you, that's good to hear. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sorry to hear you've been at the doctors, I hope your little one has a nice rest and the reflux is sorted out.

Thanks! I gave him the medicine and he hasn't spit up or cried since!! Yippy!!! I know its just the first day but its a good sign. In a way I'm glad I went through this allergy and reflux thing with my oldest so I knew how to help him this time. The formula is much better and having this medicine he'll be a new baby!

Yay, fingers crossed he's made a full recovery with the medicine!

Had a better sleep last night, although she did suckle again on one breast for well over an hour after feeding. Everytime I tried to take her off she would cry. I think I'll try the soother tonight.

Thats great the medication is working!
So i just thought about it. Since lil man came extra early technically i dont belong here but with october instead. I feel much more at home wiith u ladies ive been with all along, i hope its ok i stay?

lilbean i should technically be over in the December thread as mine wasn't born in November either but i'm sure its fine posting in here :)

I'm the same, Darcy was born 2nd December but was due 25th November.

My little man was born on the 2nd December too.

Blondie, my son constantly wants to suckle so we use a dummy now. We did the same for my eldest and he only needed it for a few months so never became dependant on it.

Daddies, Yey to the medicine working! That must be a massive relief. X

Seems December 2nd was a popular day delivery:)
i think there is some sort of growth spurt around this age as my little man also wants to feed constantly, i think its best to let them nurse as often as the want to if you can.

I agree. My little man is feeding and sleeping lots so I have been putting it down to a growth spurt. X

I dont think it really matters when bubs was born since we were all pregnant at same time and due around the same time we can still look to each other for support and advice even if they were born in a earlier or later month :winkwink:

Anthony hasnt puked at all since his medicine yesterday!! WHOOO HOOO when he was puking every hour and crying out in pain :nope: Im soo glad the allergen formula Neocate is working for him and the medicine is too! My poor boys :( My oldest had these two problems as well but MUCH worse. Protein allergy to dairy and soy are usually grown out of eventually and we think Dominic has reached that! We gave him cows milk for the very first time yesterday and hes yet to puke, get a rash or have crazy poop!! Yippy!!

I wish I knew why this happens. Well I know why reflux happens but the allergy thing. Seems like its our generations children with the problem, or maybe they just didnt know "back in the day". Doctor told me most often people with one child with it will have another with it? But they arent sure why. I hope they figure that out one day, I keep thinking it has to be the crap they put in our food now. I know thats why the babies react but they are born with it so it has to be passed on from us. Idk. I did everything "right" while pregnant and still had two boys with allergies and reflux. My sister breast fed all three of her kids and one had this allergy and another had reflux. Its a mystery! But honestly out of everything that could be "wrong" with your baby I will take this over anything else, its something you learn to cope with. Im glad in a way I went through the worse with Dominic that way I knew right away how to help Anthony though the doctor thinks Anthony has more of an allergen problem than just that. Ah who knows!

Today I have to REALLY clean the house as Anthony is getting some newborn photos taken! Weird shes doing it in my house but they are free as she is trying some new things out so I cant complain. I saw a poster that reminded me of myself "I get more clean and done in the ten minutes before someone comes over than I do all week" :haha:

Oh girls - of course you should post with us! December 2 is my mom and my nephew's birthday - popular day to make a debut! :)

Daddiesgift - I'm SO happy that the medicine is working so well! FX'd it keeps up. That poster is so me as well! Haha!!

Blondie - I would definitely try a pacifier! Sometimes babies just need to suck and there's no reason they need to use you as a pacifier. One thing to try though, is breast compressions to make sure baby is getting all the milk she wants/needs. Once she stops responding to the compressions (meaning, once she stops swallowing after the compressions), then it's okay to take her off and stick that pacifier in her mouth! I always offer one to Ninja in the middle of the night after a feed, and sometimes he takes it and others (most times) he doesn't. So I'm not worried about him becoming dependent on it. But sometimes he needs to suck to soothe himself back to sleep, and it works like a charm, so I'm all for it. GL!!

Daddies as you also have 2 boys have you had the question yet about trying again for a girl?
I think i would like a 3rd but not to try for a girl, I would be equally as happy with either :)
I love both my boys and wouldn't change them for anything.

Oh .. Um... Lol I really wanted a girl this time and was sad when I found out boy but now I really like it and couldn't imagine having a girl instead. I'm a Girly girl so sometimes I think it would be nice to have a shopping buddy that I can dress in all pink, do her hair and nails ect. But as of now if I have another it will be when the boys are both in school so I'm not so overwhelmed and have baby time when they are at school.

That being said my husband says no and wants to look into being "snipped" lol he says having more cuts too far into his retirement!! He will be 38 when he can retire from military. What a manly thing to say :winkwink: he feels complete with these two, I do too but the thought of the option of more being completely gone upsets me. A girl would be nice but as of now I just want to enjoy my non pregnant body for a few years!

But if I did get pregnant again and it was a boy I'd be happy, boys sure do love their Mommas!

I'm the same as Daddies. I was disappointed when I found out we were having another boy but now it feels 'right'. We're not going to try for another. I love knowing my baby making job is over. Hopefully I can now focus on our life together as a family and not constantly worry about maternity leave down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->