**October 2018 testing thread**

Anyone else cutting carbs/ doing keto to lose weight and improve fertility?

I did, and it worked! Had to reintroduce a bit of carbs during pregnancy since there is not enough research regarding doing keto pregnant (and in first trimester I could not eat much apart from carbs without throwing up). But I loved it soooooo much, I can't wait to go back to keto.
The best thing about it is that as long as you stay below 25g of carbs a day (and you make it through the first 2 weeks of sugar withdrawal/keto flu) then your cravings will disappear and your energy will stabilise (no spikes or troughs in energy). I miss it...

Get your partner to join you, carbs/sugar is a sperm killer :spermy:

Feel free to message me if you want to know more about specifics of how we did it.

I feel like I can see seomthing on all those tests! I hope it gets darker for you! Good luck!

:hugs:

Took another test today on CD 26 (12-14 DPO) with FMU. Stark white. :(
So I’m probably out this cycle too...

6-7dpo symptom spotting big time lol..

Boobs are so sore.. (Never happens before af so is unusual to be sore)

Weird ass dreams like totally bonkers I even wake up going wtf was that :haha:

This could be mammy brain but I feel like I have pregnancy brain I keep forgetting what I wanted to say :haha:

Hoping it's good signs... hubby is away again this weekend so I may test early :blush:

Woohoo it's October :dance: hopefully this is all our months to get :bfp: xx

:hug:

Not out till af shows.. was that with a frer?? I find with the strip ones it takes longer for the second line to show.

I also got a better reading on my second pee if I hadn't drank anything in between.

Here's hoping you will catch your bro soon x

Your chart looks great! I hope you get your bfp!

AFM, I got my crosshairs today I hope this is our month!

E023E9EF-B32F-418F-A0F6-F9B175A1DFF5.jpeg

12DPO here, temp normally nose dives on this day but is up there all proud. It’s rarely above 37 ever. At 12DPO it’s normally around 36.5 In prep for AF. Af due today/tomorrow. No testing here, would rather wait for AF

Yep I am. I’m not really doing for TTC reasons though. Just general health. I’ve slipped up this weekend but I’m back on it today. Lost a few lbs and because I’m doin it, DH is doing by proxy :haha:

Hopefully it’ll help with the TTC side of things as well. The carb flu bit was hard last week, but if you stick with it, it passes quickly

Not out till af shows.. was that with a frer?? I find with the strip ones it takes longer for the second line to show.

I also got a better reading on my second pee if I hadn't drank anything in between.

Here's hoping you will catch your bro soon x

Your chart looks great! I hope you get your bfp!

Thank you! <3

It was a regular internet cheapie, not a frer. I have one early detection stick left but I don’t want to waste it, hehe...

We’ll just have to wait and see what happens. Two days left until AF is due. I want to keep my hopes up because my chart looks so different from my previous but I’m also a bit of a pessismist. :p

FX for everyone still waiting for their BFP! :dust:

12DPO here, temp normally nose dives on this day but is up there all proud. It’s rarely above 37 ever. At 12DPO it’s normally around 36.5 In prep for AF. Af due today/tomorrow. No testing here, would rather wait for AF

Looks promising! FX! :D

Omg wish I had your constraint I went from waiting till af shows to testing Sunday when hubby video calls me to now testing before he goes away on sat #-o

AF came 2 days early on Saturday. So you can mark me as BFN. I'm CD3 today so I actually should get another test date in October. Please put me down for Oct 29 that's FF predicted AF. Thanks.

Nix - Chart looks great!!! :dust:

TTC74- Not sure if you saw my previous post but here's what I'm doing:
I started a 4 week sugar cleanse on September 10 and I feel awesome! :thumbup: I generally have terrible eating habits, tons of carbs and sugars. The cleanse isn't specific to TTC but I'm seeing a ton of crossover with my current meal plan to any fertility diet I look up. High in protein and healthy fats. Low in sugar and carbohydrates. I'm incorporating a lot of fun stuff like maca, pumpkin seeds, chia, avocados, lots of veg and dark leafy greens, nut butters, ghee, spirulina, aloe, hemp seeds etc. I'm also juicing daily (cucumber, celery, broccoli stem, ginger, lemon etc) Hoping to stick with this or some variation of for 12 weeks. I've taken out caffeine but I have organic caffeine free teas each day. If I'm feeling low energy I'll add some organic matcha into my smoothie. :coffee:

By recommendation of my naturopath I'm taking L-Carnitine, CoQ10, B-Complex and Vitamin D. I'm of course also taking a pre-natal.

Seems like a lot when I type it all out lol but its really not and I'm feeling marvelous. I've been getting in about 3 litres of water per day. Hopefully I can keep it all up.

Last edited:
Omg wish I had your constraint I went from waiting till af shows to testing Sunday when hubby video calls me to now testing before he goes away on sat #-o

Ha ha good luck with your testing.

I think I’ve been doing this so long now that I’ve given up with testing. I’d rather see AF than BFN. Fingers crossed for us all

Dream sorry AF got you. My chart does look good, but I’ve been tricked by that before. I’m not holding out much hope

Nix - oh yes of course I've had textbook AMAZING charts before that ended in the same BFN they always do. lol Just hoping this time will be different for you.

AF came 2 days early on Saturday. So you can mark me as BFN. I'm CD3 today so I actually should get another test date in October. Please put me down for Oct 29 that's FF predicted AF. Thanks.

Nix - Chart looks great!!! :dust:

TTC74- Not sure if you saw my previous post but here's what I'm doing:
I started a 4 week sugar cleanse on September 10 and I feel awesome! :thumbup: I generally have terrible eating habits, tons of carbs and sugars. The cleanse isn't specific to TTC but I'm seeing a ton of crossover with my current meal plan to any fertility diet I look up. High in protein and healthy fats. Low in sugar and carbohydrates. I'm incorporating a lot of fun stuff like maca, pumpkin seeds, chia, avocados, lots of veg and dark leafy greens, nut butters, ghee, spirulina, aloe, hemp seeds etc. I'm also juicing daily (cucumber, celery, broccoli stem, ginger, lemon etc) Hoping to stick with this or some variation of for 12 weeks. I've taken out caffeine but I have organic caffeine free teas each day. If I'm feeling low energy I'll add some organic matcha into my smoothie. :coffee:

By recommendation of my naturopath I'm taking L-Carnitine, CoQ10, B-Complex and Vitamin D. I'm of course also taking a pre-natal.

Seems like a lot when I type it all out lol but its really not and I'm feeling marvelous. I've been getting in about 3 litres of water per day. Hopefully I can keep it all up.

Sorry AF got you! I hope you get to test again in October!

CD1 for me. This is the 4th consecutive cycle that has started on the first of the month. I'm a little disappointed but I can do my Premama BC Cleanse now so I guess that's something to look forward to.

Hello ladies!
Im hoping October brings tons of BFP’s!!
Im CD12 today I had a temp drop of 1F tofay and bellow are my opk test from this afternoon. I wasnt expecting a positive until Wednesday or so! Also I has ewcm saturday and sunday but not today

FB5F1279-BF20-48CE-A898-028D9A6C3903.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"