**October 2018 testing thread**

Well done Shorty! Cracking job you’re doing. Wishing you and all the other ttc-ers all the best for the nov testing.

LadyVictoria, I have been successful in the past with daily. I read the book The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant, and the author is a research scientist who synthesized all the most up to date research when getting pregnant herself. The best research available suggests if you don't have sperm issues you can have sex daily, or even multiple times a day. The more sex the better. BUT daily sex only improves your chances by like 5-10% over eod if I recall, so most docs feel eod is best because it balances your sanity, schedule, and chances fairly well. But I'm crazy and want every little percentage point I can get. Lol.

LadyVictoria, I have been successful in the past with daily. I read the book The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant, and the author is a research scientist who synthesized all the most up to date research when getting pregnant herself. The best research available suggests if you don't have sperm issues you can have sex daily, or even multiple times a day. The more sex the better. BUT daily sex only improves your chances by like 5-10% over eod if I recall, so most docs feel eod is best because it balances your sanity, schedule, and chances fairly well. But I'm crazy and want every little percentage point I can get. Lol.

Thanks! It's nice to have answers backed by science. We DTD tonight and we may need to do it again tomorrow because I just got a positive OPK!

https://i67.tinypic.com/j0yvlk.jpg

Yay for the positive OPK ladyVictoria!!

Sending you guys tons of baby vibes!! Was feeling a little down today about not having a positive test this cycle as I feel like I have had so many great symptoms!

But to be honest, my husband really isn’t the most excited to have another kid and the timing might not be the best (we just moved to a different state last month and my husband just got her last week! We also just got a dog and are getting the kids settled in school)

As much as I agree it wouldn’t be the worst if we didn’t get a BFP this month (especially because my husband was only home for two weekends last month), I’m also really wanting another baby and not wanting too big of a gap with my other kids (My oldest son turns 4 in January and my youngest son turns 2 in February)

Pray for my patience!!

@BSelck24 my hubby is the same but with ttc #2. I am absolutely desperate to give it a good go. My DD was 4 in July & just started school.
Hubby says he isn't sure if he wants another also he's got commitments next July & August so defo doesn't want to try next 2 months.
Pray for my sanity as I am currently really struggling at the moment. We did kinda try last month but unfortunately AF got me.

Hi ladies thought I'd update CD 1 here :cry: xx

Shorty thank you for doing a great job here! It is really appreciated.

LadyV, sorry it's so stressful for you and glad you seem to be managing it anyway. As far as I read (I have immersed myself in research reading since 6 months now) dtd every day or every other day does not give different results in healthy couples. The sperm quality with every day changes, but it isn't better nor worse. I haven't found a study giving it an advantage of 5-10%, this sounds way too good to be true...

Afm: 7dpo, waiting impatiently. Not so hopeful.

Baby dust to you all!

So sorry. I left the forum for a bit... I did get AF on the 2nd... and I was doing fine. Yesterday I had some cramps and out of no where a gush of old brown blood came out.. and in 9 days I have a laparoscopic surgery to diagnose endometriosis if I have it. I'm hoping they will see something the random cramps and bleeding between cycles is getting uncomfortable...
Congrats to the ladies with the BFP's and baby dance for the ones still holding out :)

Bre1990 - Hope your surgery goes well!

TTC74 - your temp is back up!!! Any good news?

I'm 1DPO - let the waiting game begin.

Thank you hun :hugs: I really thought we had this month and is got in my head aswell so hard to not feel positive xx

It is really hard to stay positive, this situation brings out (at least in me) so much vulnerability and emotional storms. I hope this new cycle will be your cycle.
Bre: good luch with the surgery, hope it helps.

Nima - I know exactly what you mean. I'm sure many or most of us do. It's just physically and emotionally exhausting to go month after month without success.

BSelck - Thank you! Today it's peak and we will be spending some quality time together this evening :)

https://i63.tinypic.com/flzqfs.jpg

It's hard to be patient when you want something so badly! I understand not wanting to have a huge age gap. I wouldn't mind it but with my husband being older, I don't want to wait long in between. I hope you can focus on adjusting to your new home and maybe that BFP will sneak up on you :)

Shorty thank you for doing a great job here! It is really appreciated.

LadyV, sorry it's so stressful for you and glad you seem to be managing it anyway. As far as I read (I have immersed myself in research reading since 6 months now) dtd every day or every other day does not give different results in healthy couples. The sperm quality with every day changes, but it isn't better nor worse. I haven't found a study giving it an advantage of 5-10%, this sounds way too good to be true...

Afm: 7dpo, waiting impatiently. Not so hopeful.

Baby dust to you all!

Nima, when I'm home and thinking about it I'll pull out the data. But off the top of my head (and it's possible I'm misrembering the explanation, but I read it like 4x back when I was crazy TTC #1), part of the reasoning is that for most women, there are 2 days in the cycle where she has the highest chances of conceiving (I think it was 2 and 1 days before O, or either the day before and the day of O, can't remember which), and women who are having sex every other day are by default going to miss one of their two highest chance days, which becomes more important as women are older (the effects were higher for women who were in their mid and late 30s, as the younger women had a better likelihood of pregnancy from sex 3-4 days out from ovulation than did older women... in other words for older women it's more important to hit to best chance days of fertility). I think that's where the difference comes from, and if a woman generally had sex every other day, but for sure the two most important days in a row, then her chances were maximized.

Bre- good luck in your surgery!

TDog- so sorry for AF! And starting back at CD1!

TTC74- I have a good feeling for you!

AFM, I am 12 DPO and had a BFN this morning :( so I will test with my last test tomorrow morning and after that it will just be a waiting game...

Have definitely been symptom spotting this cycle but we just started trying for baby #3 and I know there is time.

Bumblebee24- thank you so much for the kind words, it really meant a lot. Wishing all of you ladies the best!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->